1 2 3 4
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/12/16 7:34 p.m.

If you would have asked me 10 years ago if the would ever do a Deadpool movie, my response would have been, "Hell no. They'd never green light it." 5 years ago, I would have said, " They'll berk it up."

But they didn't. It was spot on. 4th wall busting, self referencing, crude humor, incredible violence, swears, and gratuitous nudity, plus a Ferris Bueller scene?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
2/12/16 7:36 p.m.

Saw it this afternoon.....it was awesome!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
2/12/16 8:21 p.m.

Jeez...might hafta take a long lunch one day next week and get in to see it.

Can.
not.
wait.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/12/16 8:36 p.m.

I want to go!

Brian
Brian MegaDork
2/12/16 9:28 p.m.

Normally I would have gone last night. But it's my V day plan for the wife.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/12/16 9:32 p.m.

Literally never stopped laughing. So so good. So brutal. My dad said it was now his favorite super hero movie.

Son_Of_Toyman
Son_Of_Toyman New Reader
2/12/16 9:57 p.m.

So me and the wife just left from watching deadpool.......wow! Nailed it! I almost fell out my chair.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/12/16 10:11 p.m.

I need to see this. Normally, I take the boy when I go to superhero movies, but I'm thinking that wouldn't be wise for this one.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/12/16 10:27 p.m.

I was a bit unimpressed by the commercials (didn't seem very funny). Then I realized it was made to very much be an R-rated movie, so I am sure most of the good stuff is beyond broadcast TV.

I for one would really like to see the return of good R movies. Studios make the most money from PG-13, so they focus on those.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/12/16 11:08 p.m.
calteg
calteg Dork
2/13/16 10:47 a.m.

Saw it, loved it.

I'm voting with my dollars and seeing it at least two more times. They made a movie about a mostly-unknown character, kept it rated "R", nailed the humor. That's a HUGE risk for a studio, and I want to encourage Deadpool2

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/13/16 11:12 a.m.

In reply to calteg:

Already confirmed!

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
2/13/16 7:54 p.m.

Man I need to go see this

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
2/13/16 8:29 p.m.

Just left the theatre with my wife. Best superhero movie ever.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/13/16 9:29 p.m.

Now my favorite comic book movie.

Ryan. berkeleying. Reynolds. Nailed. It.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
2/13/16 9:31 p.m.

Saw it today. It was awesome. Read online that it's doing twice the business that they expected and should do $130 million over the four day weekend. Biggest opening for an R rated movie ever.

I'm going to go see it again tomorrow just to count the number of decapitations.

The Canadian
The Canadian Reader
2/13/16 9:56 p.m.

Great movie with a Ketchup chip eating Canadian Actor. What more can you ask for...

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
2/13/16 10:20 p.m.

Knew nothing of Deadpool going into it.

Saw it. Was entertained. Ryan Reynolds plays that kind of part perfectly.

I want to see it a few more times as I'm sure I missed a couple the first time. (Jared joke anyone?)

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
2/14/16 8:02 a.m.

I like Spiderman's new costume.

Seriously, until very very recently I didn't know who Deadpool was. Still don't except that he's a comic book character of some sort & now my friends that have seen the movie say it's awesome. And VERY R-rated. My curiosity is peaked, and will Netflix/Hulu/Amazon it when it arrives.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
2/14/16 8:06 a.m.

Saw it with the wife last night (Got her there with "Ryan Reynalds"). Excellent movie!

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
2/14/16 8:11 a.m.

I'll be saying "Maximum Effort" in the shop this week.

We saw it last night. My wife went and got the tickets at lunch. We both thoroughly enjoyed it.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
2/14/16 5:34 p.m.

Just saw this afternoon. Knew little of Deadpool, but thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Will definitely see it again.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
2/15/16 8:13 a.m.

I was hoping Deadpool would live up to the hype, and it did...and then some.

Also, we went to see it in a local theater that has a couple "VIP" theaters with leather recliner stadium seating for a couple bucks more a ticket and I just can't recommend this enough.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/15/16 8:37 a.m.
Jerry wrote: I like Spiderman's new costume. Seriously, until very very recently I didn't know who Deadpool was. Still don't except that he's a comic book character of some sort & now my friends that have seen the movie say it's awesome. And VERY R-rated. My curiosity is peaked, and will Netflix/Hulu/Amazon it when it arrives.

Same for me. I think I saw a trailer on TV, but thought it was the seventh Spider Man reboot. I thought Deadpool was a band until a couple days ago when my wife laughed at me about it and told it was Ryan Reynolds. I'm typically not a fan of superhero movies or comic book movies, but it sounds like this one is not typical. Looking forward to watching it someday.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/15/16 9:15 a.m.

Was excited, went to see it and was not disappointed. I liked all the digs he took at the pathetic Green Lantern movie he was in ("Please don't make the super suit green. Or animated.")

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zW4asUbpP1yYkSYRJqcJ0LEcGFt9yrS8e4EIApWWiKPXx9w2VKbpad84YDUlj12N