poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
9/23/18 8:15 a.m.

Heads-up for parents:

I got a robo-call from the county school system to inform me of a meeting regarding the “vaping epidemic.” I lol’d and ignored. 

Turns out local vape-store owners are selling weird E36 M3 to get kids high. Someone in the coffee shop was saying there was a huge bust of multiple “vape shops,” where they were putting “tranquilizers” in the vape juice or whatever.

News articles say “nitrous oxide.”

Blue Ridge raid

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
9/23/18 9:02 a.m.

That's nuts. This is why we can't have nice things

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/18 9:38 a.m.

I bet i can get nitrous way cheaper than these dumb kids are paying.  That reminds me i have to go to airgas and order a mother bottle so i can fill my tanks.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/23/18 10:26 a.m.

'frenetic intemperance'.  Well that's the thesis of a book I just picked up sort of for free then realized I probably have it unread in my temporary storage.  I'll post a link in the 'what are you currently reading'. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/23/18 10:46 a.m.

Sketch pens in Coram Long Island. surprise

I wonder about the follow up to this story to see if it was just a whacked out prank.

Then you have the whole K2/Spice ODs in that Conn. park in the past month or so.  Heck even the young people I work with are questioning the rise of K2 when they claim the real MJ is so easy to get.  I dunno.  My every night drinking is receding like a distant memory at this point so I'm out of the game as it were.  'Frenetic intemperance' indeed.  indecision

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/23/18 11:18 a.m.

Kids will eat dog E36 M3 if they think it will get them high. Some kids are just wired for self destruction. Good luck stopping it.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
9/23/18 11:37 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

'frenetic intemperance'. 

Never heard of that so I looked it up.

I had to stop reading it, it was making me so mad

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/18 2:30 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

It wasn’t a prank, it’s in a high drug area near my brother’s house. No one has needed to buy a pen on the street in years but a machine popped up where drugs are commonly used. It’s similar to how gas stations in E36 M3ty areas sell those little flowers in glass tubes that can conveniently be used as crack pipes.  

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/23/18 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

that is crazy.  At least the locals went a little vigilante on one of the machines.  Shows a little fight.  Cops can't do it alone.  Takes cojones to think you can get away with emptying the machine without anyone caring or dumb enough to think that a crack head won't just bust it open for the quarters. indecision

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
9/23/18 10:59 p.m.

Scary stuff. 

Vaping is still drug use. It is getting buy in from popular culture it seems. I think it is because most people don't understand that our lungs don't like processing mist anymore than smoke. If the mist isn't sterile or at least very clean then eventually your lungs' defensive systems are overwhelmed.

Vaping ran through most of my daughter's senior class three years ago. Kids were instantly dealing in mixes. Who knows what went into their lungs. The worst thing is that those kids may not know what the impact is for decades. Some will be fine. But as I told my daughter once (yes stupid dad words) "Playing Russian roulette and winning isn't something to be proud of." Luckily she was staunchly against drugs and had to drop several friends that year because they fell in with the druggies. 

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/23/18 11:23 p.m.

"I remember when asbestos was safe" - My grandfather.

Also, vaping makes you look bloody stupid. We made fun of our apprentice until he stopped using his douche flute. He's happier with the money in his pocket too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/24/18 1:12 a.m.

Nothing like tasting Fruity Pebbles breath gack from 50 feet away. Thanks for sharing.

And its called a Blade Runner Robot Dick. Please.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
9/24/18 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I was out on a smoke break once, a coworker came out to vape. He told me vaping was better for you. I told him he looked like he was giving a bj to a gameboy.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/3/21 1:05 p.m.

I guess a canoe refloated this thread, but my grandson told us 2 4th grade girls were caught vaping in the girl's room at school.  

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
3/3/21 2:05 p.m.
gearheadmb said:

In reply to Appleseed :

I was out on a smoke break once, a coworker came out to vape. He told me vaping was better for you. I told him he looked like he was giving a bj to a gameboy.

He should try all-natural vapes.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
3/3/21 2:24 p.m.

I used a vape too quit chewing tobacco and it did its job. The new pod systems or disposables are a huge problem at my kids school. It's just like the 14 year olds who though cigarettes and chew were cool it's just a new form. Cbd and thc vapes are the ones most kids apparently try to get but good old nicotine works for the cool factor 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/3/21 2:56 p.m.

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
6/9/21 7:20 a.m.
Doberman45 said:

I don't at all see a problem with high school students using vaping.

I don't at all care if you use a NOS-powered canoeing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CoNrLSSFV68AirjnqfBvXIsV71vrfYwzKB8CzjDE4pRGcCWZC1mdBeWgS2WofXv6