1 2
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/17/18 1:14 p.m.

i think I may have a brain tumor. I tend to be in conversations and random song lyrics pop into my head at all times pertaining to the conversation. I swear people think I'm retarded. Just now, for instance.... coworker's hair looked extra fluffy today. I told her that it gave her the appearance of walking on air.... and hte theme song to Greatest American Hero pops into my head. 

WTF is wrong with me besides my illogical love for Korean cars, bacon and cheese?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
8/17/18 1:15 p.m.

I do that all the time. If you're crazy you're not alone.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/17/18 1:18 p.m.

That's just the way it it, some things will never change

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/18 1:20 p.m.

If you’re a member here, you’re definitely crazy. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/17/18 1:20 p.m.

So, thats not normal????

Suddenly, i finally feel like im not subhuman!

wae
wae SuperDork
8/17/18 1:26 p.m.

What you mean, I'm crazy?  You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eatin' Fruit Loops on your front porch!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
8/17/18 1:36 p.m.

Last night on the way home from meet the teacher my wife was rambling on about something, I want really paying attention and she said the word "function". So my mind immediately breaks into the Warren G song "what's next" and I start singing along with it. I go through two whole verses and she just looks at me and says "WTF is wrong with you?" I don't know but I haven't listened to that song since probably 1997 maybe? But all it took was that one word and it all came flooding back to me.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/17/18 1:47 p.m.

Lyrics, movie scenes, things from old commercials. All the time. Normal? Not a clue.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
8/17/18 2:14 p.m.

You may be right. I may be crazy.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
8/17/18 2:17 p.m.

Who’s to say what’s “Normal”. Besides, crazy is fun!smiley

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/17/18 2:27 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

COMMERCIALS... .that is another big one. 

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
8/17/18 2:30 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

"Hey I live out of town. Can you ship that part to my house?"

(in my head) "I just shipped my bed!"

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
8/17/18 2:31 p.m.

One of my coworkers asked how I was the other day and  I responded that I was hot sticky sweet, from my head down to my feet. So while you're most certainly retarded, you're not alone.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/17/18 2:48 p.m.

My wife literally sings mid-convo if her next sentence is a song lyric. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/17/18 2:56 p.m.

I do this all the time. I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/17/18 3:05 p.m.

Do I think in songs?  Sometimes....

I writet the songs that make the whole world sing...

(I more tend to have movie and Monty Python quotes pop into my head, some of which would be very inappropriate out of context)

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
8/17/18 3:08 p.m.

I once has a student ask me what my favourite colour was.

"Black" I said. "I saw a red door, and I wanted it painted black. No colours any more I want them to turn black."

Two kids got it.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/17/18 3:17 p.m.
aircooled said:

I right the songs that make the whole world sing...

(I more tend to have movie and Monty Python quotes pop into my head, some of which would be very inappropriate out of context)

most things that pop into my head are completely inappropriate and out of context. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/18 4:16 p.m.

i read the thread title and, without opening the thread, my brain said you betta think (think!), think about what you tryna do to me!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/17/18 5:05 p.m.
bobzilla said:
aircooled said:

I right the songs that make the whole world sing...

most things that pop into my head are completely inappropriate and out of context. 

The hell with out of context, most things that pop into my head are just completely inappropriate. My frieds say i have a rock filter: I just dont say the things that are guaranteed to get me shot. Or fired

Usually. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/17/18 7:54 p.m.

Sanity is overrrated anyway

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/17/18 8:07 p.m.

Song lyrics, movie quotes, commercials. My wife and can come up with the same quote in unison out of the blue as a response to something. We also have have entire conversations in mixed quotes from stuff. That's part of how I know she's the right one. All out curvy edges fit together.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/18 9:16 p.m.

I’ve had entire conversations at work in song lyrics and movie quotes. It especially amuses me because so many of my coworkers don’t seem to listen to music or watch movies.  

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/17/18 11:16 p.m.

One night I was working on a line in a detergent plant, I wasn't there long enough to meet many people but I noticed one of the supervisors in that area if the plant was named Angela. Rolling Stone's Angie was stuck in my head that entire 12 hour shift. 

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/18/18 1:30 a.m.

I don't think in songs, but I do occasionally think in Monty Python sketches, does that count?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hUrRppLRh9D7UmL9rP6SHvCt38VadHrBqdd7xj6BRDps4MjVPlH6yWuhMybYXean