1 2
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/18/18 1:36 a.m.

definitely don't think in songs but definitely use lyrics in conversation.  'jah rules jewelry' gets used every now and then.  sorry ladies.  angel

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
8/18/18 5:50 a.m.
Wally said:

I’ve had entire conversations at work in song lyrics and movie quotes. It especially amuses me because so many of my coworkers don’t seem to listen to music or watch movies.  

Commonplace in my ice cube tray too. Our rule is song lyrics must be sung, or they don't count towards your total.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/18 7:59 a.m.

We had a HR class a while back and we had to do an exercise where we listed 20 things about ourselves. The woman next to me just put 20 lyrics.  It was beautiful.

-I wanna rock and roll all night

-I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die

-I would walk 500 miles

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/18/18 9:41 a.m.
bobzilla said:

i think I may have a brain tumor. I tend to be in conversations and random song lyrics pop into my head at all times pertaining to the conversation. I swear people think I'm retarded. Just now, for instance.... coworker's hair looked extra fluffy today. I told her that it gave her the appearance of walking on air.... and hte theme song to Greatest American Hero pops into my head. 

WTF is wrong with me besides my illogical love for Korean cars, bacon and cheese?

This is pretty much my existence.

I tried stopping listening to music with English lyrics.  That doesn't work.

Link because embedding is broken: Korpiklaani's "Rauta"

("Iske" means "strike", by the way,)

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/18/18 4:32 p.m.

All of these things happen to me, too, and I'm a very stable genius.

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/18/18 9:14 p.m.

As a musician, there is not a single day that goes by where I don't translate 20 or 30 things I hear into songs.

In fact, in your original post....  "I told her that it gave her the appearance of walking on air.... and hte theme song to...", I started singing that same song before my brain processed the next phrase explaining what you were singing.

It is the internal, musical version of completing your own sentence

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
8/20/18 10:11 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

...and yeah, songs and movie quotes ALL THE TIME. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/20/18 11:20 a.m.
Curtis said:

As a musician, there is not a single day that goes by where I don't translate 20 or 30 things I hear into songs.

In fact, in your original post....  "I told her that it gave her the appearance of walking on air.... and hte theme song to...", I started singing that same song before my brain processed the next phrase explaining what you were singing.

It is the internal, musical version of completing your own sentence

failed music ed major here. that may explain it. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/20/18 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Curtis :

Blinkers, windshield wipers, random rhythmic chimes.....been there 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
8/20/18 4:57 p.m.

Mr. Crowley https://g.co/kgs/2WT5rh 

My wife is watching some show called downtown abby or something like that.  Character named mr Crowley. Made my start singing ozzy while playing angry birds. 

Knurled.
8/20/18 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Always makes me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB7-YNTrf20, really.

(beep beep)

Knurled.
10/10/18 7:53 p.m.

Work order:  "Pickup stalled and won't restart."

Knurled brain:  "DOO-DAH, DOO-DAH"

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/18 8:35 p.m.

"If you're lookin' for trouble, well  you're looking at the man, uh-huh. The world's own original hard luck story and the all time looser man." -Jim Croche  

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
10/11/18 9:47 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Last night on the way home from meet the teacher my wife was rambling on about something, I want really paying attention and she said the word "function". So my mind immediately breaks into the Warren G song "what's next" and I start singing along with it. I go through two whole verses and she just looks at me and says "WTF is wrong with you?" I don't know but I haven't listened to that song since probably 1997 maybe? But all it took was that one word and it all came flooding back to me.

I read that and started hearing School House Rock's "Conjunction Junction"... ;)

Probably says something about our ages. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/11/18 10:02 a.m.

I actually don't. There is seldom any kind of noise around the house. No music, and very little TV. 

I guess that makes you guys normal and me weird. At least in this thread. 

Surprisingly enough, did catch Poop's reference though. Well done sir.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1wtlQV5TnzwQYk9A12w1erBHhf0Wtem9X8SppqVX6BXb3WS0Nk4rQ88QfxDLIgVl