1 2
_
_ New Reader
8/9/18 1:56 p.m.

For the past two years  I have been finding dog poop piles in my front yard weekly . I don’t own a dog. I refuse to clean up someone else’s dog E36 M3. I would love to put signs up all over my front yard to deter people, but the Hoa I live in will not allow me to put signs up in my yard. We also cannot have fences. My next step is to buy a security camera system and begin recording these shiny happy people. From what I know there are three owners around me that have small dogs,  And the dog turds are small. Of those three owners one of them walks his dog religiously on leashes and I’ve seen him pick up his own dog’s poop. So I’m kind of a ruling him out right now In my state we have a leash law for dogs, and a pick up your dogs poop Law and the dog turds are small. In my state we have a leash law for dogs, and a pick up your dogs poop law, both hoa and state. 

I am open to more suggestions though.

shooting the dog is an easy, crazy answer. And jail time or lawsuits are inevitable. Lol. So let’s avoid those comments. I’d rather peg the owner. 

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
8/9/18 1:59 p.m.

Game camera for proof.    Or also bring it to the HOA attention and let them handle it

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
8/9/18 2:02 p.m.

I would build a spud gun and pack it full of the leftover dog turds.  I'd then burn a couple vacation days to hide in my bushes until the shiny happy person shows up and doesn't clean up after his dog...

This still may result in jail time or lawsuits, but I'd feel alot better afterwards!

NoMini
NoMini PowerDork
8/9/18 2:08 p.m.

Bag the E36 M3 up. Determine the perpetrator. Leave the bag on his doorstep with a note, "I don't like picking up dog E36 M3, especially since I don't own a dog. If I have to pick up your dog's E36 M3 again, I won't be delivering it to you neatly." 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/9/18 2:10 p.m.

Catch the person on camera, give it to the demons that run your HOA, laugh when he gets fined or burn the housing plan down when you find out the inconsiderate prick is on the board of the HOA.

Or start doing your business in his yard. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/9/18 2:12 p.m.

Figure out who it is. Find a friend with a large dog. Walk said large dog thru his yard all the time and let it do its business on everything, hopefully a walkway too.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/18 2:26 p.m.

I would start by going to the three neighbors, knock on their door, explain the problem to them, inform them that since you don't know who the culprit is cameras have been installed. That may solve the problem. 

There is a reasonable chance that one of the three neighbors will rat out the guilty party just to get themselves off the list of suspects. 

From there you can escalate if necessary. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/9/18 2:27 p.m.

How does the HOA feel about a coupla small steel plates on your always damp lawn, wired to a car battery in the bushes?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/18 2:30 p.m.

Another thought. For about $35 you can buy a ultrasonic dog repeller. They work fairly well. If the dog has a high pitch noise blasting his ears, he will probably be too distracted to take a dump. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/18 2:42 p.m.

I put pest control signs out on my lawn that tell pet owners there dogs could die if they are allowed to walk on my lawn due to pesticide use.   Never had that problem again. 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/9/18 2:42 p.m.

What about one of these hilarious things?

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/9/18 2:44 p.m.

Pics, security or trail cam and post on social media

Look at that, just look at that

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/9/18 2:46 p.m.

Dog may be feral, so it may not be an inconsiderate neighbor. Either way my solution is the same.

I would take a trip to the local latino grocery and buy a large quantity of cayenne pepper (usually cheaper at the latino market or online if you don't have one). Sprinkle it liberally anywhere you found poop in the last week. Do this close to the ground so it doesn't fly in your eyes. You will need to reapply after a rain, or otherwise about every week or so until you stop finding poop in your yard.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/18 2:48 p.m.

Something like this.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/9/18 3:06 p.m.

I used to to just throw it into the street and out of my yard.

Now I don't live in a place with a HOA nor do I have irresponsible pet owners as neighbors, so it is not an issue for me.

Do you have foxes where you live?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
8/9/18 3:37 p.m.

AFAIK only one or two states have leash laws, and they have exceptions for hunting and training dogs.

That means it's probably up to your HOA. If you are responsible for lawn care then it's probably worth finding out who it is and having a conversation.  If the HOA mows the lawn than i would just go to the next meeting and tell them you're tired of the poo and they need to make it stop. If nothing else it gets you out in front of being fined for the poo just because it is in your yard.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
8/9/18 3:50 p.m.

Feral dog is not going to leave ankle biter size poops

Game camera

alternatively

Get those motion sensor sprinklers

Call the HOA to complain about it, today.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
8/9/18 4:01 p.m.

Water it into the yard and it's instant fertilizer then thank the dog owner.  I can guarantee you that's not the only thing taking a crap in your yard. 

IT'S ORGANIC!!

Lighten up and get back to building or playing with cars.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/9/18 4:24 p.m.
914Driver said:

How does the HOA feel about a coupla small steel plates on your always damp lawn, wired to a car battery in the bushes?

It isn't the dog's fault, it's the owners.  If anyone should be punished, it's the human.  

I'm in favor of finding out who it is, and "returning" the feces to them.  

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/9/18 4:40 p.m.

pardon my rant

What Ever you do, please talk to them before you call the Cops, I am presently Harboring a huge amount of Rage over someone calling  the Law to me . AND YES i am collecting a 5 gal. bucket  of DOO DOO to leave them. I'VE LIVED HERE 18 YEARS WITH FIELDS AROUND ME . THESE COWARDS HAVE LIVED HERE 2 MONTH'S IN THERE MID-TOWN HOUSES, ( 2 TO A LOT) in a lot that my dogs have crapped in there whole lives.

this is Country life, they should live intown/Atlanta.

thank you

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/9/18 4:41 p.m.

I wouldn't do anything that requires any additional spend on my part. I'd figure out who it is one way or another, and go and ask them to be considerate. 

_
_ New Reader
8/9/18 5:01 p.m.
NoMini said:

Bag the E36 M3 up. Determine the perpetrator. Leave the bag on his doorstep with a note, "I don't like picking up dog E36 M3, especially since I don't own a dog. If I have to pick up your dog's E36 M3 again, I won't be delivering it to you neatly." 

I did that today. It got nasty. Nearly beat someone to death. 

_
_ New Reader
8/9/18 5:03 p.m.
914Driver said:

Bear traps have been thought about. 

_
_ New Reader
8/9/18 5:03 p.m.
dean1484 said:

I put pest control signs out on my lawn that tell pet owners there dogs could die if they are allowed to walk on my lawn due to pesticide use.   Never had that problem again. 

Problem then could be if someone’s dog dies they sue me...

_
_ New Reader
8/9/18 5:07 p.m.
carguy123 said:

Water it into the yard and it's instant fertilizer then thank the dog owner.  I can guarantee you that's not the only thing taking a crap in your yard. 

IT'S ORGANIC!!

Lighten up and get back to building or playing with cars.

I suppose your house has random dog E36 M3 smashed into the carpet? Must smell lovely. People visit my house all the time. I also spend what little extra time I have trying to be a good neighbor and not have a E36 M3hole for a yard. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xM1yA98Dobl20yXu7yk04izi3YYYxuGtH7mroQxXBlRbR8Pb1uJDa3RIp5P8pt0e