1 2
bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/9/18 5:11 p.m.

Fry up a pan of bacon, go out and pour the bacon grease on all the dog turds.

The perpetrator will get real tired of their dog eating E36 M3 every time they bring it to your yard, or if they don't mind, well then, hey, the dog is cleaning up after itself.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/9/18 5:45 p.m.
Toebra said:

Feral dog is not going to leave ankle biter size poops

Actually, feral dogs come in all sizes. Before we had a fence installed we had a pack of them make regular stops here. County animal control never caught any of them. 

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
8/9/18 5:56 p.m.
_ said:

In my state we have a leash law for dogs, and a pick up your dogs poop law, both hoa and state. 

Since you chose to live in an HOA, and they have these rules, make it their problem

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/9/18 6:03 p.m.

In reply to _ :

that last remark is uncalled for,I was with you till then, IT is organic, maybe your friends don't pay attention where they walk, mine doo.

jimbbski
jimbbski Dork
8/9/18 6:18 p.m.

I ask the question:  Do you have wild lift in the area?

The reason is that for a while I thought I had a dog pooping on my  and my neighbor's lawn but it turned out to be a raccoon that liked to hang out around my house. I took a few easy steps to discourage it and while I still see some evidence of it coming by, it's not staying long enough to poop.

_
_ New Reader
8/9/18 6:18 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:
Toebra said:

Actually, feral dogs come in all sizes. Before we had a fence installed we had a pack of them make regular stops here. County animal control never caught any of them. 

LOL. Now I’m imagining a rogue band of  Mexican Chihuahuas. The leader has a bandanna and a cigarette in his mouth and a tiny pistol. 

_
_ New Reader
8/9/18 6:22 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Sorry, meant no disrespect. Just trying to help you see that “washing it down into the yard” is not going to work for my scenario. It’s also not just located in the grassy areas of the yard, some days it smeared onto my sidewalk. Even with the lighting I have outfront, my friends can’t always see the turds. That means that I don’t notice that E36 M3 has been smeared into my carpets until it is too late.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/18 6:33 p.m.
_ said:
dean1484 said:

I put pest control signs out on my lawn that tell pet owners there dogs could die if they are allowed to walk on my lawn due to pesticide use.   Never had that problem again. 

Problem then could be if someone’s dog dies they sue me...

Nope you put the sign out. And there would be no poison anyway. You are being there friend. You are thinking of there dogs health. Be the shiny happy person. 

former520
former520 HalfDork
8/10/18 2:04 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

Fry up a pan of bacon, go out and pour the bacon grease on all the dog turds.

The perpetrator will get real tired of their dog eating E36 M3 every time they bring it to your yard, or if they don't mind, well then, hey, the dog is cleaning up after itself.

This is one of the most creative things I have heard in a while.  Awesome!!

My idea would be to put peppers into a capsule and put it into something that the dog would eat in the yard.  The capsule will either break in their mouth and leave them hot or more preferably, it will dissolve in their stomach and give them the E36 M3s that they will do all over the owners house.  

NoMini
NoMini PowerDork
8/10/18 7:39 a.m.

In reply to former520 :

That is just cruel to the dog. frown

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/18 7:59 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:
Toebra said:

I have seen feral dog packs (not a pretty sight) led by chihuahuas. Pound for pound they are the meanest things out there. Their outsized personalities can quickly make them alpha in a pack

NoMini
NoMini PowerDork
8/10/18 8:50 a.m.
_ said:
EastCoastMojo said:
Toebra said:

LOL. Now I’m imagining a rogue band of  Mexican Chihuahuas. The leader has a bandanna and a cigarette in his mouth and a tiny pistol. 

"¿D'you got a prollem, esé?"

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/10/18 9:11 a.m.

Trail camera.  Multiple pictures.   Send to homeowner's association.  If that don't work send to Animal Control, etc.

Some dog owners are real anuses. 

I was walking my dog, on a leash per local law, and some idiot's dog runs up and starts messing with mine.  My dog was one who had no problem biting an offender and the loose dog was not very big but being very annoying.  I told the owner to leash his dog before my dog killed his. 

Owner goes off on a tear about people should not be allowed to have vicious dogs, blah, blah, yadda yada.     

I pointed out that my dog was on a leash, per the local laws, and she was very uncomfortable having a loose dog sticking its nose into my dog's butt and nipping at her legs.   

Then he tells me don't I must have just moved in because everyone  "knows" that our neighborhood allows our dogs to run free off leashes because we are in a "nice" neighborhood with "nice" dogs.     I re-iterated to get his dog away from mine before the growling goes full Clausewitz and turns from political to all out war.

I think it would have gotten ugly except his wife and  little kids were standing there watching him so he ended up taking his dog away from me and mine.

WilD
WilD Dork
8/10/18 9:33 a.m.

In reply to jharry3 :

Ugh... I am a dog owner and I can not stand people that let their dogs run loose.  Put a leash on your pup people, for it's safety if nothing else...

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
8/10/18 2:59 p.m.
_ said:
EastCoastMojo said:
Toebra said:

Badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
8/10/18 9:35 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

What about one of these hilarious things?

I got one of those a few years ago to aggravate neighbor's cat. It worked.   After I quit using it, the cat came back but no longer climbs onto the car.  With all the wiring being eaten by squirrels and other rodents, I don't mind the cat as much as I used to.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/10/18 10:14 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

What about one of these hilarious things?

Motion activated water sprinkler, came here to post this. They work.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
6/4/20 7:05 p.m.

The minor league baseball team in El Paso have the Chihuahuas:

Torkel
Torkel Reader
6/5/20 1:33 a.m.

Assume revenge ISN'T your primary goal, the most efficient and realistic way to solve the issue is probably to buy a box of poopy-bags and attach it to your mailbox (or similar place). If the bags are right there, supplied by you, your neighbors must be some serious(!!) douche bags not to pick up the poo. 

Understanding that it might sting to buy the bags for them and the odd chance of somebody taking advantage of you (omg, stealing your bags!)... the cost of a box of bags is silly low and it's a friendly, yet clear message. 

Toebra
Toebra Dork
6/10/20 7:25 p.m.

Torkel, that has zero chance of success.  Responsible people pick up after their dogs and have a bag to do so.  Irresponsible people will not become responsible because it is less inconvenient.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/10/20 9:08 p.m.

I got nothing other than a quick story. 

We had a dog leaving huge E36 M3s in our yard behind 1 particular tree.  It was starting to be a large stinky pile.

One day my mom and I hid out and watched for the offending dog.

About 20 mins into the stake out, here comes this 60 year old lady walking her German Shepard.  Oh, game on.

She takes the German Shepard behind the tree.......    and drops HER pants and E36 M3s in the yard.  WTF?  

My mom confronts her and she starts going on about how it's public land (it was not, not even close).  The lady said she had been pooping there for months and nobody said anything so it's okay.  

I was her paperboy at the time.  I chose to put the paper on piles of dogE36 M3 in her yard when I delivered it.

That worked.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/11/20 12:39 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Actually she was committing a crime in many jurisdictions.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/20 7:11 p.m.

video cameras like Wyze are cheap and they store snips of video.  If you have an old smart phone, download the Alfred app.  It turns your phone into a night-vision, motion-sensing nanny cam.  That would be a free solution and you only need to keep the app on your phone long enough to catch a few perps.

From there, it's up to you.  I'm personally a big fan of direct contact first.  "hi, neighbor, I noticed my security camera has shown your dog doing business in my yard several times and it isn't getting picked up.  I thought I'd reach out to you directly before I involve the HOA.  Hope you are well."

Always take the nice approach first.  Impersonalize it.  Don't say "you're not picking it up."  Keep it vague so they have an opportunity to do the right thing and not feel attacked.  If they balk or do it one more time, scorched earth.  Bag it up and put it on their porch, send the video to the HOA, post it on FB, Reddit, IG, and call the local paper.  Anyone who is faced with an indefensible truth and they try to weasel out of it or get mad is not a person I need in my life anyway.

I know if you approached me that way, my answer would be, "I'm sorry, man, I know.  I just get in a rush and I let it slip sometimes, but it won't happen again.  How about a cookout next week?"

If it's feral dogs, cayenne, sprinklers, supersonic noise, or other ways of keeping them out would be in order.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/13/20 8:37 a.m.
jimbbski said:

I ask the question:  Do you have wild lift in the area?

The reason is that for a while I thought I had a dog pooping on my  and my neighbor's lawn but it turned out to be a raccoon that liked to hang out around my house. I took a few easy steps to discourage it and while I still see some evidence of it coming by, it's not staying long enough to poop.

Could you share your solution?  I have a need to discourage a Raccoon.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/20 3:48 p.m.

Possible pending canoe.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xoR6na9QEtMN9H73ksuNkH38VKJtN555YzxNvidtI0ZabsE5JJ3EpVUwNXhCL2yJ