DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
8/23/10 9:13 a.m.

IE: My brother left it here, and I'm in charge of keeping the battery up.

It's the "XE" model, which I'm going to assume stands for "Efficiency". The slushbox earns it's name, except for second which is when all 30-40 ft-lbs of torque come out to play. You know instantly you're riding on massive 13's, and the steering is best described as "twitchy". No power windows, and thanks to nearly 20+ years and 173k miles, the AC has two settings On and Off. The ride is decent, and you will get to your destination.

Still, fun to drive for awhile.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/23/10 9:25 a.m.

I had a '92 SE-R back when they were new. It was an awesome car. I don't think I ever drove a "regular" version, however.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
8/23/10 9:29 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I don't think I ever wanted to drive a "regular" version, however.

i fix it for you

stan
stan SuperDork
8/23/10 9:37 a.m.

I had one as a DD for a couple of years, but it was the 5 speed. Not a bad car. Gas mileage in the mid-30s and did well in the snow. Replacing the bulbs in the dash is a bear though.

uh....that's about all I can think of...

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Reader
8/23/10 1:13 p.m.

Yeah, it gets wonderful gas mileage. I mean, it works and it's not a bad car. I'd hesitate getting into a serious wreck in it, as well.

integraguy
integraguy Dork
8/23/10 2:12 p.m.

I had a '94 Sentra "Limited Edition" 4 door as a rental car once. Not bad, but I guess I'm a bit of an idiot since it took several tries to figure out how the gas filler door release worked...compared to the super simple/INTUITIVE Honda system. Yeah, this car with auto is no fireball, but it's decent enough. But then , my current DD is a '97 Civic with no ps and just a dozen or so more horses than that Sentra engine has.

Having also owned an Infinti G20 I can say that I've driven one of Nissan's humblest 4 cylinder offerings, and owned one of their best 4 cylinder offerings.

Our Preferred Partners
iqIqtDC3P0xh55ULXw7mJ11zTR6p9Z70