1 2 3 4
daeman
daeman HalfDork
6/30/16 5:19 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Don't forget about a fried egg on a hamburger. Best thing to ever come out of Australia. (and the least horrifying)

Oi, there's plenty of good stuff to come out of Australia !

But yeah, egg on a hamburger is the goods. Especially if that hamburger also features bacon and beetroot.

Soft boiled eggs with Vegemite toast cut into strips for dipping is also great. Even better if you melt cheese over the Vegemite toast first.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/30/16 8:27 p.m.

Ive been on a egg-in-a-hole kick lately. Which reminds me, we need some good bread for this holiday weekend.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/16 8:33 p.m.
Woody wrote: There are seven acceptable things that can be found on top of eggs. The first, of course, is a chicken. The others include: salt, pepper, ketchup (not catsup), bacon, ham and cheese.

None of those things are Tabasco, therefore your conjecture is flawed and your parentage is dubious.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/30/16 8:37 p.m.

This thread inspired me to make this for dinner. The unfertilized chicken fetus is truly a miracle of culinary delight.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/30/16 8:38 p.m.
Nick (picaso) Comstock wrote: In reply to Jumper K. Balls: I absolutely cannot eat eggs without ketchup. Except hard boiled, those get Worcestershire sauce.

It used to be my ritual to eat hardboiled eggs with wasabi powder when watching Initial D.

To this day I cannot eat a hardboiled egg without Eurobeat running through my mind.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
6/30/16 8:39 p.m.

I only eat eggs once a week normally every sunday i have 3 over medium with bacon and toast. None of the ketchup or hot sauce for me. On the occasion im in a hurry for a quick dinner i like a fried egg on white bread with mayo and cheddar jack cheese.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/30/16 9:16 p.m.

We have hens - and their eggs, and make our own Canadian bacon which go together well, but our egg preference is to serve them, scrambled or fried, over Rosti.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
6/30/16 9:24 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: This thread inspired me to make this for dinner. The unfertilized chicken fetus is truly a miracle of culinary delight.

The fertilized duck egg (Balut) is less a delight and more a Fear Factor challenge. But to each their own.

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat Dork
6/30/16 9:38 p.m.
EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
6/30/16 10:48 p.m.

I thought egg on a burger was a Hawaiian thing?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/30/16 10:57 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
Woody wrote: There are seven acceptable things that can be found on top of eggs. The first, of course, is a chicken. The others include: salt, pepper, ketchup (not catsup), bacon, ham and cheese.
None of those things are Tabasco, therefore your conjecture is flawed and your parentage is dubious.

Tabasco is an affront to all things condiment related. It makes a mockery of good hot sauce and doesn't even qualify as fancy ketchup.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
7/1/16 12:33 a.m.
EvanR wrote: I thought egg on a burger was a Hawaiian thing?

That's pineapple you're thinking of.

They kinda look similar though.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/1/16 6:07 a.m.

Bacon & Egg baked in a muffin tin.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/1/16 10:00 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Bacon & Egg baked in a muffin tin.

Wow. I've got to try that.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/1/16 10:10 a.m.

We call those "Little Anita's" (a bit of a family inside joke), and we also sometimes use a slice of deli ham or turkey instead of bacon. Seriously, throw 12 pieces of ham, 12 eggs, and a little shredded cheese in a muffin tin in the oven for 10 minutes or so and make breakfast for a crowd just like that. Keep the toaster rolling.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/1/16 10:19 a.m.

This thread makes me wish that I was at Road America

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
7/1/16 10:25 a.m.

This thread makes me wish I had bacon.

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
7/1/16 10:33 a.m.

The Rancor at Petrol Station in Houston, hands down the best use of fried egg on a burger.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
7/1/16 12:45 p.m.

I probably average a dozen chicken eggs a week. Duck eggs when my source has them.

foxtrapper wrote:
914Driver wrote: If you like dunking your toast in the yolks, try duck eggs. Huge, rich yolks!
Try a goose egg sometime if you want a really huge rich yoke.

Can confirm, I was given a goose egg once.

On the duck and goose eggs, make sure to cook them on lower heat/slower than you would chicken eggs, the whites will get all rubbery before the yolk is anywhere near beginning to cook if you don't.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/1/16 3:50 p.m.
Robbie wrote:
We call those "Little Anita's" (a bit of a family inside joke),

We use a disc of bread in the bottom, I understand cheese works as a lube also.

Old_Town
Old_Town New Reader
7/1/16 4:24 p.m.

This thread needs more Taylor Ham and hard roll to go with the egg...

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/16 7:47 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette: I was surprised to grow up and find out that delis on every corner weren't common everywhere else.

johnnie
johnnie Reader
7/1/16 8:17 p.m.

Big fan of the BELT. Bacon, egg, lettuce and tomato. BLT with an over-medium egg in it. Mayo, oh yes.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
7/1/16 8:26 p.m.
EvanR wrote: I thought egg on a burger was a Hawaiian thing?

Not necessarily, last year some of my wife's "culturally challenged" relatives spent 2 weeks in Portugal. When they got back I heard a lot of bitching because that was the only way they could get a hamburger over there.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
7/1/16 9:07 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to vwcorvette: I was surprised to grow up and find out that delis on every corner weren't common everywhere else.

And I have never stepped foot into a deli.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4qbynqOWr2GDmWJUGdp7qRMxl30EHSpUqgAHdFCjx3VHgDQnS4BkTr7nFI5XvEa0