classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
12/12/18 5:57 p.m.

Anyone good at enhancing pictures? I have a several diagrams of dimensions for the Courier frame, and I would love to be able to read it, but they're just not quite legible.  Anyone have tips/tricks for getting these to be more legible?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/18 6:08 p.m.

No, I do not have any tips.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/12/18 6:09 p.m.

Best way is find a better version...

Or put in a CAD program or even bluebeam, scale known dimension, calibrate, the scale the rest.

Start with wheelbase as the known.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/12/18 10:14 p.m.
RossD said:

Best way is find a better version...

Or put in a CAD program or even bluebeam, scale known dimension, calibrate, the scale the rest.

Start with wheelbase as the known.

You shouldn't assume it is drawn to scale though. You don't know if the original illustration is taken from actual production prints, or if it's just the technical illustrator's artsy interpretation / compilation of several prints, with some numbers plopped on top.

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
12/12/18 10:46 p.m.
classicJackets said:

Anyone good at enhancing pictures? I have a several diagrams of dimensions for the Courier frame, and I would love to be able to read it, but they're just not quite legible.  Anyone have tips/tricks for getting these to be more legible?

Too bad it’s not a Chevy luv truck. You could come measure my buddies in person!

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/13/18 6:18 a.m.

In reply to joey48442 :

He could measure his own Courier but I think he's trying to avoid that.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
12/13/18 8:24 a.m.

I have a few Photoshop tricks I use to fake images into being larger than they should be. I did a quick try on your images and it will be like deciphering runes to extract the measurements.

If you just wanted the lines cleaned up that would be fairly straight forward, although time consuming. I'd drop the whole thing into Illustrator and trace over it.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
12/13/18 8:25 a.m.

I am trying to avoid measuring around all the "stuff" that's in the way, yes! Someone on Facebook was able to post up some pictures of the diagram for a Mazda B1500, which should be about the same. Hard to compare the numbers given how hard these are to read, but the ones that are "close" seem to show it being about the same. So, problem solved?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/13/18 8:26 a.m.

The "Enhance" feature from CSI/Super Troopers/etc is more fiction than fact. The closest thing to it is an AI program that can recognize what it's looking at and make a good educated guess based on a chosen context to paint in more details. I'll see what I can do with traditional tools but don't get your hopes up.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/13/18 8:36 a.m.

So it's looking pretty hopeless, the numbers are generally too small in pixels to ever be readable, there's not enough visual information to work with. Do what RossD said.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NOxym6ILDBZFusruxAfXlQeuhzMAmQzPGFBTbETHLViw7TcEJfd75ccbMVaaK28T