1 2
JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
11/8/14 2:46 p.m.

I bought my first GRM in '93 to follow the article of building a Miata for autox (which I followed exactly.) When the internet came along, I followed there too. I still have the Miata and though I autox much less, I have never left GRM.
This year, I successfully fielded my own car for the first time in the Challenge. Another personally GRM milestone.
Over the years I have gained more knowledge from GRM than ever expected. I have saved this thread for years and am grateful for what I learned in it. Additional thanks to Javelin for some encouragement that he has given through his stories too.
I am not the type to often say too much about my personal life here on the board but have been thankful for those of you that do, so...

Enough of that, onto the news:

We have a BABY GIRL

Yes this is quite the build thread and will certainly be a welcome but Ultimate Challenge!

We have been in the process of trying to adopt for many years now. Last week, our long marathon became a real sprint. On the evening of Thursday Oct 30th we met with the agency and the birth mother for the first time. The next evening, we traveled two hours to meet the baby who was in Foster Care (with wonderful people in a wonderful home.) That Sunday, we traveled to see the baby again. On Tuesday, the reality was presenting itself that this could really happen. At 4:30pm Thursday (exactly one week later) we re-met at the agency and we arrived home at 8:00 pm with our baby.

We are blessed. Joy is an understatement.

Some of you here are very close friends, others somewhat close and getting closer but I consider you all friends and therefore thought I would share.

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
11/8/14 4:04 p.m.

Congratulation sir, prepare for no sleep

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
11/8/14 4:06 p.m.

Congrats indeed!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
11/8/14 4:35 p.m.

Congrats john! The world needs people like you and your wife.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/8/14 4:39 p.m.

Congratulations! She is beautiful.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/8/14 4:53 p.m.

She's freaking adorable. I'm super stoked for you sir.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
11/8/14 4:53 p.m.

Wow, congrats man!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/14 4:54 p.m.

Huge congratulations!!!

Cute kid!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/14 4:55 p.m.

There is nothing better that you can be, than the Daddy of a daughter.

I am very happy for you and your family. Congratulations!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/14 6:37 p.m.

Congratulations! We are so pumped for you!!!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
11/8/14 8:30 p.m.

This is such an exciting thing. Love her. Try hard. You'll do great.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
11/8/14 8:42 p.m.

You peckerhead, you almost made me tear up there for a minute. Congratulations!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/8/14 8:52 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: You peckerhead, you almost made me tear up there for a minute. Congratulations!

Dust dude, totally dusty. Is by me too. I miss my infant, as my 3 year old is hucking canned goods at my wife for the lulz.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/14 10:22 p.m.

Congratulations!

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
11/8/14 11:03 p.m.

Don't these threads normally have pics of the building process?

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
11/9/14 5:48 a.m.

Congratulations & best wishes to you and your wife. You are doing something really great, not to mention the best fun ever. And (regardless of the circumstances, which are none of anybody's business) let's also take a moment to acknowledge the birth mother's courage in making this joyful event possible.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
11/9/14 7:11 a.m.

Congrats!!!! We have a friend that adopted a baby and was working on adopting a second child when they instantly stopped and announced they were NOT going to adopt at this time - the wife was pregnant!

We adopted a girl (11.5 years ago) that turns 12 next month - time FLIES!!!!!!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/9/14 7:19 a.m.

Woo Hoo!!

Let's see, what else can I say that would add to the sentiment or conversation??

Nope, that's it. Guess I'll just repeat...

...WOO HOO!!

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/9/14 7:56 a.m.

Congrats!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
11/9/14 8:24 a.m.

Thanks all.
During a 3:30am feeding I read to her this entire thread (in lullaby tones). She seemed to like it too.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
11/9/14 8:27 a.m.
aircooled wrote: Don't these threads normally have pics of the building process?

Bought used, so no pictures of her coming out of the factory, if that's what you're looking for.
I do have pictures, however, of an explosion that appears to have come from the tailpipe.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
11/9/14 12:04 p.m.

Outstanding and congratulations!!!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/14 12:49 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Thanks all. During a 3:30am feeding I read to her this entire thread (in lullaby tones). She seemed to like it too.

Remember: They don't know what's supposed to be kid's music and what are supposed to be kids stories yet!

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
11/9/14 12:56 p.m.

Congrats John! It's cool that you've already gotten her reading the forum, but be careful to not start calling her a dork. Mom may not like that.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
11/9/14 1:45 p.m.
Stealthtercel wrote: Congratulations & best wishes to you and your wife. You are doing something really great, not to mention the best fun ever. And (regardless of the circumstances, which are none of anybody's business) let's also take a moment to acknowledge the birth mother's courage in making this joyful event possible.

Well said, Stealth.

And congratulations, John!!!

She's a beautiful little girl, and is in good hands now. So happy for all three of you!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UGaBPKeOC6n74wvkkAO29vlc0xatJLmK1mUaUjN0za2UCqNKgfixByqLGUa69mt0