1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/18 8:34 p.m.

On occasion, everything I touch goes to E36 M3. 

That's when I know it's time to go read a book or 3. Take my mind off everything and just forget the world exists. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/27/18 9:25 p.m.

I'm so berkeleying berkeleyed up in the head right now I don't even know which way is up. 

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
7/28/18 9:57 a.m.

It’s not that your screwing up more than anyone else, it’s that your letting the failures bother you! Your being too hard on yourself. Yeah, I need to repeat this to myself daily (sometimes hourly).

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
7/28/18 10:53 a.m.

Yes, I'm married.... and have two young ones. I am rarely "right". frown

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/28/18 11:08 a.m.

At least you know that things aren't working to your standard.  Can't tell you how many people I have worked with that would screw up and not have a clue.

Sometimes, I have had to break things down into chunks and make sure that each is right before going on to the next. If nothing else, it made me slow down...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/18 12:19 p.m.

Did everyone remember to beat off and make their beds?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/28/18 2:18 p.m.

Yep.  I'm about to get sent on an assignment for work where the scope is likely to be way over my head.  My boss sort of knows this, but I'm the only one available to drop everything and work on a remote site for 12 weeks.  Part of me is scared as berk. Part of me just says, "berk-it... after 20+ years of being a journalist faking it as an electrical engineer, I'll figure it out..."

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/18 6:56 p.m.

As long as I can still nap ok I can usually do a good job ignoring and/or working through the rest. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/29/18 4:24 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

This is solid advice. For the triple threat, follow with making a cup of coffee.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/29/18 10:37 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

A jerk before work sets your mind right. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lHaAw7WO2nx6RiU5NECQ2KTaNPZS5QHTVPOLr7ZcqwqWql1JPcnqCgkrcksXA7fa