1 ... 4 5 6 7
Toymanswife
Toymanswife Reader
10/22/16 7:52 p.m.

My uncle was fantasy author Robert Jordan who wrote the Wheel of Time series which might be a television series pretty soon.

Other than that... I've had one wedding I officiate go viral on Yahoo News and Huffington Post when the groom decided to flip his car after the rehearsal dinner. His wedding was from his hotel bed after the ambulance had to deliver him there until surgery could be done later on his spine. Everyone else in the family is pretty non-famous.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
10/22/16 7:59 p.m.
Wall-e wrote:
Spoolpigeon wrote: My name is a verb in my local SCCA region.
I've heard pigeoned used as a verb and it seemed horrific.

Correction: real name, not screen name.

Still somewhat offensive though

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
10/22/16 7:59 p.m.

Hardly famous in any way.

But we have an island off the coast of Maine named after the first of my ancestors arriving from Ireland around 1760.

Morse Island

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
10/22/16 9:45 p.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Wall-e wrote:
Correction: real name, not screen name. Still somewhat offensive though

I was Spoolpigeoned and still wake up in a sweat occasionally. The memory haunts me.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
10/23/16 9:01 a.m.
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/16 9:18 a.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

Hey!!...I got suspended for fighting in 1981 too, though not with Karl.

I got five days. My father took me to the Air Museum and the new car expo in Hartford. I still have some of the brochures. I remember having mixed feelings about the 1982 Camaros. Boy, did I learn my lesson...

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/23/16 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette:

That's some awesome family history Karl!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/16 10:05 a.m.

I've gotten three involuntary days off from school a couple of times.

Malicious tampering with the PA system. Bogus charge if I've every seen one. There was no damage done to the system.

The other was malicious tampering with a teachers car. Also bogus. We simply stuck it sideways, between two trees.

Since when are practical jokes considered malicious.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
10/23/16 10:10 a.m.

My grandfather once had the largest barb wire collection in the U.S. And third largest in the world. It was supposed to go to a mueseum when he died but by the time he died, they didn't want it! He used to travel the country in his motor home on all the back roads looking for odd wire and cut it right out of the fence. He called it, " daylight requisitioning"

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/16 10:13 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote:
Spoolpigeon wrote:
Wall-e wrote:
Correction: real name, not screen name. Still somewhat offensive though
I was Spoolpigeoned and still wake up in a sweat occasionally. The memory haunts me.

What a spool pigeon may sound like

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
10/23/16 6:23 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote:
Type Q wrote: ...I am a decedent of this guy. George Clinton
Please understand my disappointment when your link did not lead to Parliament Funkadelic. Still interesting, just not AS interesting.

The neighborhood I grew up in was majority African American. My family was part of the white minority that lived in it. My brother and I had listened to plenty of Parliament Funkadelic before we learned about this part of the family history. I don't think my mother ever understood why we had so much fun telling our friends and neighbors we were related to George Clinton.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/23/16 7:06 p.m.

In reply to Type Q:

Glad to hear the opportunity was not squandered!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
10/23/16 7:44 p.m.

Now we're getting into ancestors? Like Toyman01, Daniel Boone is back in the family tree on my moms side. But really not that surprising for the part of Missouri she's from, Ozark mountains. And the fact that he had something like 8 or 9 kids and each of the kids had that many also so keep going down generations there will be thousands of decendents. On my dad's side, other side of Missouri there was a couple brothers that are cousins 4 or 5 times removed. Frank & Jesse James mother was sister to my great-great grandmother. Can't trace my family name past the Kelley that left Georgia and settled in Alabama. Nothing on him other than he came from Georgia and nothing before him. I'm guessing indentured servant. Look up Irish in Georgia, interesting read.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
10/23/16 8:11 p.m.
petegossett wrote: No way you can drop that info and not tell us which He-Man character it was! So...???

I did not provide the name.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/23/16 9:27 p.m.

In reply to Apis Mellifera:

Very cool!

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
10/23/16 10:55 p.m.

The line of Chiefs of Clan Campbell and I go all the way back to a certain Sir Neil Cambel who just happened to have married the oldest sister King Robert, 17th Earl of Bruce. So, His Grace Sir Torquel Campbell (current Chief) and I share a rather well known uber-great, uncle circa 1315.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
10/24/16 8:20 a.m.

In reply to mtn:

Maybe.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/26/16 12:17 a.m.

Well, my butt has been in the magazine 7 ti es, I have been it twice, I sold a photo to them also. Everyone loved my photos from the 2015 challage that I posted. Thats about it. Iam also one of the 2 track photographers at the local dirt track....

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
11/14/16 11:10 a.m.
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
11/14/16 9:12 p.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

I was wondering when that would show up in these parts!

This is a great series.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
2/23/17 2:17 p.m.

Slip angle podcast ep. 126 is an interview with Pete Lindberg and they talk about mazdeuce and the r63, and the ef hatch.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/23/17 2:40 p.m.

My son just won an Emmy award. The real one- for television work.

I don't think that makes him famous, but it is a rather impressive piece of hardware sitting on the shelf.

He has helped build several Challenge cars, and drove at the Challenge, so he probably qualifies.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
2/23/17 3:19 p.m.

My last name is "Bacon". Some folks seem to think that's kind of a cool deal.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/23/17 9:42 p.m.

My last name is Johnson. The other sort of folks think that means something.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/17 10:23 p.m.
minivan_racer wrote: Slip angle podcast ep. 126 is an interview with Pete Lindberg and they talk about mazdeuce and the r63, and the ef hatch.

I think it's fair to say that Mazdeuce is possibly the most famous of our regular contributors at the moment.

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3nGLv1C16u81z9gOdSMgxer6yFet1yZy0MPpUQ0VvC6oq3Jqd5rkFvs8HMfmynkV