1 2
fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
6/18/13 8:23 a.m.
DaveEstey wrote: Thought I would throw together a useful flow chart for rotary newbies

linky no worky

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
6/18/13 8:48 a.m.

Haha that's great.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
6/18/13 12:45 p.m.

That is a nice machine. I had a 1985 GSL-SE. The ignition wires and coils need to be in good shape. I also replaced the cable from the positive post on the battery to the starter and fuse box. Those electrical upgrades helped fix an occassional cold start problem. I also put 2 stroke oil in it, every time that I put fuel in I would add some. Oh and if no one has mentioned it, rev the piss out of it.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
6/18/13 11:35 p.m.

Wheels look to be Centra 7's. VW kids love to stretch 165's on them, maybe the hella-JDM-lol-Rotary kids do the same? Put "mat tyt" in ad and see what happens.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/19/13 7:42 a.m.
Catatafish wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: 114.3 x 4 wheels mean many options are available for wheels on a GSL-SE. Nice score, are you keeping it stock, mild mods for better street performance or going nuts on it? What goals do you have for the car? I am wondering what advice you are seeking.
I would like to do mild fairly easy mods for better street performance. Whats the hot suspension setup for these? Any easy power adders?

With the stock engine I did the following improvements to my 12a with a marked improvement in torque, performance and economy.

You can't do the carb upgrade I did but Mega squirt does a great kit for the 13B.

1. Mikuni Carb,
  2. Proper headers and exhaust system from the engine to the bumper from a reputable supplier.
  3. 2nd generation leading coil pack swap, a simple upgrade that the average owner can do easily, do a search on RX7club for details.
  4. I also removed the oil feed pump and lines, then premixed with Amsoil 2 stroke. (My take is the sump oil is not designed for use in the combustion chambers while 2 stroke is, plus using sump oil means engine oil loss must be replaced).

My engine went from somewhere south of the OEM 115hp to a very solid 150 with these improvements, you can expect more with the 13B.

I also got a solid 25mpg.

This is a car I resurrected after sitting in a carport for 10 years.

Oh and ignore everyone who says Sythnetic is bad for a rotary, it simply is not.

If you want to go further for performance, then start thinking about porting the engine.

If you want to improve handling, that is another thing altogether, I can give some guidance where to start, depending upon how far you want to go and for what use.

Steve

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/19/13 7:48 a.m.

Oh and mine today has had a few changes

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/rx50-project/33672/page1/

Beware non rotary content

photo 0123.jpg

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WPauvG0JI3qt41YZXevvDTDMkafiAfHQvlVYhNwlXQOgV92lIQ58tnMFQbiGDqqC