Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/6/11 3:15 p.m.

Full disclaimer: This used to be my autocross car. It won the 2009 Oregon Region SCCA Season Championship in STS. I sold it in 2/2010 to the guy that owns it now. As you can see, it's a totally different car but still super kick-ass!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2472676582.html

Entry-Level Turn-Key Rx-7 Road Race Car - $2500 (Downtown PDX)

1983 Rx-7 with ICSCC log book. Autopower bolt-in roll cage, Kirkey seat, G-Force harness, removable steering wheel, adjustable camber plates, coil overs with Eibach Ground Control springs, front strut tower bar, upgraded front sway bar, headers with custom exhaust, runs good. Great entry-level turn-key racecar! $2,500 OBO.

I know he won a Novice race at PIR and it's raced at ORP as well. I dunno why he's selling, but he ended up with 3 RX7's and the other 2 are Spec7 legal (Blinky here still has my awesome handmade exhaust with headers, etc that is illegal). He also recently got a C4 Vette, so maybe moving up to something faster.

Anyways, somebody please buy it before I do something stupid like buy it back and go racing while my wife is preggo.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
7/6/11 4:05 p.m.

I'm sure no one here will suggest that you do anything that might be considered stupid.

Looks like a lot of fun. Who squirted it with the mustard and ketchup bottles?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/6/11 4:30 p.m.

I dunno what he was thinking with the yellow, but it looks easy to fix. The numbers are vinyl and all the yellow parts are black underneath. The car's original color is red as well, so the door jambs and underhood at least match.

If I was stupid enough to buy it, I would swap on some 14" or 15" wheels, adjust the suspension to be properly lowered, paint all the yellow black again (except the bumper strips, those get to be red), remove the numbers, and have a killer autocross car again. Then Mikuni through the hood.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PiDfqi99tyBrvS8qKfcfKNSbs1teTm4q2df34RrJMaYjh2KbCGZQvQaeSJtVY1iL