1 2
D2W
D2W Reader
8/8/17 10:26 a.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Would I buy it from someone like him, not in a million years with someone else's money.

That's not fair, I would buy it today with your money.

GSmith
GSmith HalfDork
8/9/17 1:05 p.m.
Pete Gossett wrote: I wonder if they'd just rent it out for a weekend? One that coincidentally had an autocross...

Hm... Does Virginia still have a 72 hour "buyer's remorse" option to back out of an auto purchase?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/9/17 3:36 p.m.
D2W wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote: Would I buy it from someone like him, not in a million years with someone else's money.
That's not fair, I would buy it today with your money.

Careful now it comes with a bunch of terrible side effects. Also I hate to say this I just saw a f430 spyder sell locally around 91K with about 17K miles. I really want one I think,

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/9/17 4:45 p.m.

If you're worried about that one, you could always go for this.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/d/ferrari-testorossa-kit-car/6225954800.html

"NEEDS SOME WORK BUT ONCE IT'S FIXED UP IT'LL WORTH A LOT."

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
2/10/21 2:10 p.m.
RevRico said:

cough This venom has been for sale locally almost 2 years now. Basic used car lot with tons of appliances, but a few gems.

Not quite buy here pay here, but not much higher on the food chain.

holy e63m3! that's a waste! needs work! depreciates faster then top speed!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/10/21 3:41 p.m.

A couple of years ago I saw a mid-Oughties Maserati Quattroporte at the local BHPH lot.

I mean, really, what could go wrong?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/10/21 4:08 p.m.

Link is gone.  I really want to see this stripe...

tr8todd
tr8todd SuperDork
2/12/21 5:19 a.m.

Last summer I was looking on line at the local Ford dealer's used car inventory.  There was a 28,000 mile Aston Martin convertible for $120K. 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/12/21 6:50 a.m.
Dieselboss15 said:
RevRico said:

cough This venom has been for sale locally almost 2 years now. Basic used car lot with tons of appliances, but a few gems.

Not quite buy here pay here, but not much higher on the food chain.

holy e63m3! that's a waste! needs work! depreciates faster then top speed!

Hang on. RevRico posted that in August 2017, and you're replying now. And the link still works! Is that really the same car? I guess it must me if the actual link takes you straight to it.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/12/21 7:48 a.m.
Appleseed said:

A dead Maserati BiTurbo.

You seem to be implying there is such thing as a live one...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/12/21 9:30 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

50 seconds or 50 feet from the dealer lot.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/12/21 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

Next time I'm out that way I'll stop and look. First thing I did when I saw this thread come back was see if my post with the venom was there, didn't even know the link still worked. 

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
2/12/21 10:55 a.m.

One of the local lots here had a 456 they wrapped with advertising. blew my mind at first, but when you got close it was in rough shape. Pretty sure the owner drove it a couple years, it's no longer around. 

I mean, if you're going to own a crappy car lot, you have to take your fringe benefits where you can - I sure as hell would. But I wouldn't buy one of those from that kind of lot. My uncle worked at one for years, I've heard too many stories.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/12/21 10:11 p.m.

I have bought cheap Ferraris before and will buy slightly less cheap, still undesirable Ferraris in the future. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
opVsaNPydu6IGvftH7ejlweyIG4zwkKsc0VY8pGEIpAMNAEYn1LgTtPp3mj4uhQW