1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/18 12:38 p.m.

FWP:  I apparently bought a 2.5RS and can't decide which of my other cars to sell.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/9/18 12:46 p.m.

The tenants are leaving one of our rentals and we haven't re-let it yet.  That means we're need to return the security deposit and we'll be short a months rent.  Do I win a cookie?

Flynlow
Flynlow HalfDork
10/9/18 3:35 p.m.
Knurled. said:

FWP:  I apparently bought a 2.5RS and can't decide which of my other cars to sell.

Same, but e46.   I need garage spaces back more than the $ value of the cars.  

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
10/15/18 10:18 a.m.

They're going to drive the Chaparral 2J in Midland on Thursday, and Jim Hall will be there.  Problem:  I'll have to burn a vacation day and drive two hours each way, and there's rain in the forecast.  

The last time I went down there for one of these, the 2E drive was rained out. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/15/18 10:49 a.m.

Mercedes broke, have to drive the BMW

RossD
RossD MegaDork
10/15/18 11:18 a.m.

I hit my thumb with a hammer -twice!- while installing the gas fire place in the garage. It should feel better by the time I get the oak cabinets installed.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/26/18 9:11 p.m.

I have owned two B15 spec V Sentras. I bought both from insurance salvage, had to rering both and add headers to get rid of the cats, and then found them very hard to sell.  There's just not that many people that want a hot little six speed sedan with giant brakes.

There is a blue one at salvage that has 140,000kms on it, gently hit on the front, for $300 minimum, and this is it's second time through the auction.

I already own a B13 Sentra, an SRT4, two Camaros, a ministock Neon, an IT Neon, and an Integra Chumpcar.  I have no need for another fun little sedan.

Bids close Tuesday night.  I wonder if I'll get it?

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/18 9:14 p.m.

I did not get the 2.5RS.  Despite offering double what junkyards will give for a non-running hulk, it went to the scrapper.

I'll just have to be content with the six other cars I have.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/29/18 8:06 p.m.

Yesterday, I had moved the kegerator in the garage to put up the wood siding behind it and when I plugged it back in, the plug fell back out and I didn't notice.

My beer wasn't as cold tonight as it should have been.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/9/18 10:09 p.m.

My smart phone is too old to connect to my new vaporizer, so I can't set the heat settings!

What if I run out of fresh bud and need to switch to resin and can't run a higher temperature??

#stoner tech fail

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
11/9/18 10:45 p.m.

The old school built into the tile bog roll holder is annoyingly far back in the new apartment partly due to the new toilet being slightly more forward than the old one that was removed which also occasions the need to clean the wall behind the tank. indecision

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/15/18 1:10 p.m.

My favorite show ever is on Hulu. Hulu doesn't autoskip intros or credits like Netflix does, so I get to hear the theme song twice every 22 minutes. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
2/6/19 4:26 p.m.

I suppose this belongs here.  Selling a Miata in the winter is an uphill slog (so far i’ve Had exactly one person interested and he wanted to trade me his 350Z).  So as the Autocross season approaches i’m trying to sort out what i’m doing with my prep/classing.

It’s a 2006 sport with an open diff and six speed.

For CS I’d need to run factory wheels (I have a set) and swap out the lowering springs for factory.  I have older RE-71s that would work in this class but they are a couple years old so wouldn’t be “fast”.  This is certainly cheapest, but so slow.

For STR i’d need 17x9 wheels and new tires, my suspension would do “for now” but i’d Start looking out for a better setup.  I can get a header, and work on the power end of things a bit.  This path leads to more and more money but I think would make the car objectively better (though the NC is pretty well buried in STR since the ND came out).

Say “berkeley it” and slap a set of Hoosiers on the 8” wheels I have and chase raw time glory in CSP.  I’m not a nats autocrosser, I like local events and tinkering.  Not sure I have the patience and dedication to do what it would take to go to the big show.

My son just turned 17, has his actual license, and wants to do a full season of autocross.  For him I think CS would be the best “learning” class.

Am I missing anything?  WWGRM do?  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/6/19 5:08 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

You are talking about a car that you want to sell?  

There's a 100% chance that any money you put into it, you will not get it back out.  And a stock car may be more appealing, especially if you include a set of springs.  

Realistically, all three choices = new tires, assuming that you don't get it sold this summer, that's just the cost of playing.

And, to me, the best progression on how to drive is to start as stock as possible.  Not just because it keeps the speeds down, but FAR more important, as you make changes, they become far more obvious why.  And then driving style will adjust more correctly.  Even better, if you keep the car, when your son turns 18, you have a project for the two of you to work on.  

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
2/7/19 3:49 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

Is this an SGI auction? how or where do i register?, i went looking this morning and couldn't find it.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/7/19 6:27 a.m.

In reply to warpedredneck :

It's long gone.  They go up Wednesday for a week, and are all sold unless there are no bids at all.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
2/7/19 6:39 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Am I missing anything?  WWGRM do?  

Which class has the deepest competition locally?

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
2/7/19 7:13 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

STR.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/7/19 7:18 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

you know what GRM would do, but you sold that to buy this if I remember correctly. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
2/7/19 10:59 a.m.

Hoping for good ice for some ice racing.

Torkel
Torkel New Reader
2/7/19 12:03 p.m.

Wife: I'm going to Yoga now!

Me: I need the BMW. You'll have to drive the Porsche.

Wife: But... oh, OK then. *Mutter-mutter*

Me: Really?!

It sounds like we are wealthy...  if I leave out the fact that "The Porsche" is a $4000 Boxster and "The BMW" is a $6500 BMW 5-series Wagon. :-)

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/14/19 12:43 p.m.

Valentines Day, love in the air, today’s my wedding anniversary, wife says to stop home for lunch, bed’s not made yet......

Oh wait, her father moved in to heal due to a kidney removal, her aunt was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and she was conversing with others, and she forgot to make me a sandwich.  

But she gave me a sweet smile that took me back 32 years and I guess I’ll head back to work. COUNT your blessings every day.

NickD
NickD UberDork
3/1/19 10:27 a.m.

I picked a new phone background that looks awesome. But it makes it so I cannot see E36 M3 on my phone. 

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/1/19 11:16 a.m.

Which do I buy first for the Miata?  New top, new wheels, new exhaust, roll bar?      And how to convince the wife they are all necessary?    

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/2/19 1:14 p.m.

I made the mistake of going to the mall when I was hungry, and I was unable to resist the food court, which provided me with the best slice of pizza I've ever had.  

No, really.  Food court pizza, fabulous.

I'm not supposed to eat pizza anymore because of my heart condition...

1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t55yakYnf4LKgoh4HL97YJo5bGdD8WoAQEbNmIb2JbP8oE3Cu8491Wr14DZUihSO