1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33
Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
4/20/17 11:13 p.m.
FlightService wrote: My thread didn't get locked. It got POOFED!

I was looking for a thread the other day and it was just gone. It wasn't in the your posts list or on Google search. I don't think you started it but it was there at lunch time and gone after work. No idea what happened to it as it wasn't very controversial. It was pretty weird. Maybe I imagined the whole thing.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/21/17 1:15 a.m.

My race car is trapped in my 1000sqft shop by construction supplies for my addition.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/17 12:22 p.m.
Chadeux wrote: In reply to Knurled: I was playing around with the menus on my dad's 2013 Silverado one day, found you can turn the auto door locks off. No clue on the DRLs, this truck only has them because it's an un-exported Canukistani truck.

That's neat on the auto-locks. I'm pretty sure that DRLs are not turnoffable, although you can flip the headlight switch to manually turn them off if you want. But you have to do that every time.

I felt like one of the Inner Party members from 1984 when I found out I could disable my Volvo's DRLs.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/21/17 3:27 p.m.

Curious, what's wrong with daytime running lights? I figure it's better to be seen for accident avoidance.

GSmith
GSmith HalfDork
4/21/17 3:45 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote: Curious, what's wrong with daytime running lights? I figure it's better to be seen for accident avoidance.

Agreed - I always run with lights on in my MX5. Anything to be seen better.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
4/21/17 4:12 p.m.

I wasn't able to fully tighten up the stock on my old .22 as the rifle in the instruction video I watched had a slightly different forestock than mine. I also had to use a big screwdriver to since down the buttstock as my 3" extension was about an inch short.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/21/17 4:25 p.m.
maschinenbau wrote: Curious, what's wrong with daytime running lights? I figure it's better to be seen for accident avoidance.

For me, the issue isn't that they're on, as I run my lights during the day for visibility as well. But I like to be able to signal to other drivers if need be by turning them off and then back on again, instead of using high beams (I personally find the high-beam flick to be a very annoying method of signaling when I am on the receiving end of it).

Since DRL do not generally give you an override unless you manually disable it, and some manufacturers make it so you have to disable it every single time you start the berkeleying car (looking at you GM), I choose to not have that crap on my cars. YMMV /rant off

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/21/17 5:13 p.m.

I am hungry but according to my fitness app, I don't need to eat anything else today.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/21/17 7:15 p.m.

My DVR didn't record Superior Donuts or NCIS. Now I have to watch them on demand and can't fast forward through commercials.

Wxdude10
Wxdude10 Reader
4/21/17 7:20 p.m.

I walked the wrong direction when I left the parking garage this morning. Had to wait until 1:30 to get my Lg Iced Mocha Swirl coffee after going to the Franklin Institute.

Knurled
4/22/17 5:28 a.m.

In some cars, they are so bright that the manufacturers turn off the DRL on one side so the turn signal can be visible. In all cases, they're distractingly annoying.

I have my side mirrors pointed at the ground to minimize the glare, and just duck my head down to look when I need to change lanes. Real safe, there. But it's safer than not being able to see because the world is a sea of green after-images from people driving with their lights on during the day.

Anybody too brain-dead to see a car with their lights off, is going to be too brain-dead to see them with them on, too. The problem isn't a lack of visibility, it's a lack of paying attention to the world beyond their windshield. Blinding oncoming traffic won't solve that any more than having a full-time horn will solve it.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/26/17 9:18 p.m.

Aside from prime, Netflix, and YouTube, my "smart" tv has a whole bunch of apps and streamable channels.

FX now, the only one I actually want, because it's the only channel I actually watch, is not available for my tv.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/28/17 9:03 a.m.

So close to being a great bagel. Small, not gargantuan. Very dense and chewy; not white bread in a circle. The cream cheese was a solid 7/10; the lox fresh. Prepared by a dude in a yarmulke. Very good untoasted.

Alas, I ordered an everything bagel. I ended up eating a plain bagel and throwing away an everything plate.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/28/17 10:09 a.m.

Plenty of reliable vehicles in the near vicinity that meet my family requirements and are plenty under budget...

Not a single one of them is even remotely stirring any emotion in me whatsoever...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
4/28/17 10:12 a.m.

Im bored at work.

I don't think I have ever had this problem before. It's kind of nice.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/28/17 10:17 a.m.

I ran out of popcorn before the movie was over

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/28/17 11:23 a.m.

In reply to Knurled: My thoughts exactly. come to mind every time I drive.

Toymanswife
Toymanswife Reader
4/28/17 10:12 p.m.

There's an autocross in the morning. My head is thumping. I cant sleep. A snoring hubby in a teeny hotel room in a double bed.... and a 13 year old talking in his sleep. Oh yea... its 11pm and I have to be up at 6. Blah.

Knurled
4/28/17 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Toymanswife:

I'm sitting here at a friend's house because I didn't want to have to wake up at 3am to go to tomorrow's rallycross, and I ran out of bourbon because I brought a bottle with only a little bit left. I had to open the spare. The SPARE.

Apparently we both snore loud enough that the last time we went to Nationals, the other person subjected to us was wearing earplugs at night...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/29/17 7:55 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: I ran out of popcorn before the movie was over

that's how it works - you need to leave time to eat your box of Black Crows, Goobers, or Ice Caps.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
4/29/17 6:12 p.m.

Smithsonian needs to provide a trolley from the Castle to the Air & Space museum.

It's a long walk on a cold, windy, drizzly day.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/17 6:55 p.m.

I bought a really cool quad copter to haul my GoPro. I'd really like to learn how to fly it...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sdHvcVmZ0Fc

It's been blowing like this ever since Brown Santa dropped it off.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/1/17 7:40 p.m.

I can't remember all the steps to running challenge car for my update.

Knurled
5/1/17 7:46 p.m.

I have pictures to unload from my tablet but it is so annoying because I can't just connect it to the PC to read from internal memory, I need to transfer the images I want to the flash drive, because the USB only reads from the flash drive. That means, like, TWO steps instead of one.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/2/17 9:33 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
In some cars, they are so bright that the manufacturers turn off the DRL on one side so the turn signal can be visible. In all cases, they're distractingly annoying.

Ah, see I was confused because my Saturn's DRLs are actually just a smaller bulb inside the headlight unit, but is not the actual headlight itself. Think non-colored turn signal that's always on, like a reversing light but out front. I like them.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tpTaP9HxJzIfBil3APerE4OHNgTSnXrmlEqoRkZH8VLYsrS2Dloqd1qzHuaFghhR