wayslow New Reader
Nov. 15, 2008 3:08 p.m.

I'm looking at the possibility of scratch building a Formula Vee. I know that it's simpler and cheaper to just buy an existing racecar but it would be a Big Brothers project. We have four Locost builds and a couple of restorations under our belt so I don't think that the fabrication is much of an issue. Does anyone know if plans were ever made available? I still have to check with our local FV group to see if this will even be allowed.

Thanks

JThw8 Dork
Nov. 15, 2008 3:55 p.m.

I dont think there were ever plans available. I looked for a few years with no luck.

Best bet is finding a local FV and taking alot of measurments.

Woody Dork
Nov. 15, 2008 7:08 p.m.

You may want to consider a LeGrand Formula Ford and DSR. They were available as complete cars or as a set of measured drawings.

Hasbro HalfDork
Nov. 15, 2008 8:07 p.m.
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
Nov. 16, 2008 1:33 a.m.

There's also an open-source sports racer project out there.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Come to the Solo Nationals Talent Show

9 hours ago in News

We're bringing back the talent show at SCCA Solo Nationals with "Tacos and Talent."

Learn How to Attack Tracks Like a Pro

1 day ago in News

Mazdaspeed wants to teach you how to drive the best tracks in North America Like a pro.

Join Us at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock

2 days ago in News

We'll be traveling north for a couple vintage events over the coming weeks. Come say hello.

Last Week for our Classic Motorsports Half-Price Deal

2 days ago in News

August is drawing to a close, and so is our discount offer for our sister magazine.

Fearing the Focus

2 days ago in Project Cars

Our new (used) Focus breaks.

Vintage Views: Mazda 323 GTX

3 days ago in Articles

Before we had the Subaru WRX STI and Lancer Evo, we had another rally-bred special, the Mazda 323 GTX.

New Generation Miata Unveiling

6 days ago in News

Are you as excited as we are? We'll be there in person, sharing it with you.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More