wayslow New Reader
Nov. 15, 2008 3:08 p.m.

I'm looking at the possibility of scratch building a Formula Vee. I know that it's simpler and cheaper to just buy an existing racecar but it would be a Big Brothers project. We have four Locost builds and a couple of restorations under our belt so I don't think that the fabrication is much of an issue. Does anyone know if plans were ever made available? I still have to check with our local FV group to see if this will even be allowed.

Thanks

JThw8 Dork
Nov. 15, 2008 3:55 p.m.

I dont think there were ever plans available. I looked for a few years with no luck.

Best bet is finding a local FV and taking alot of measurments.

Woody Dork
Nov. 15, 2008 7:08 p.m.

You may want to consider a LeGrand Formula Ford and DSR. They were available as complete cars or as a set of measured drawings.

Hasbro HalfDork
Nov. 15, 2008 8:07 p.m.
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
Nov. 16, 2008 1:33 a.m.

There's also an open-source sports racer project out there.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Hyper-Fest Moving to VIR for 2015

1 day ago in News

The "Automotive Amusement Park" will move from Summit Point to VIR for next year.

Our Focus Gets Dirty

2 days ago in Project Cars

We rallycross our SVT Focus.

Get Half-Price Subscriptions Until Christmas

3 days ago in News

Miss the Black Friday Special? Just need a last minute Christmas gift? We're here to help.

NASA Southeast Gives Toys to the Less Fortunate

3 days ago in News

The NASA Southeast family put on yet another successful "Santa's Toy Run" this past weekend.

2014 Honda Pilot SE

3 days ago in New Car Reviews

The new Honda Pilot has been a family favorite for quite some time. This small SUV offers the space and ...

Challenging the Rolex 24 Hours

4 days ago in Articles

How to spend $1000 an hour and not have a cocaine problem.

Show Us Your Shop Contest Extended

4 days ago in News

We're moving the entry deadline back to December 31. Get your entries in soon.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More