wayslow New Reader
Nov. 15, 2008 3:08 p.m.

I'm looking at the possibility of scratch building a Formula Vee. I know that it's simpler and cheaper to just buy an existing racecar but it would be a Big Brothers project. We have four Locost builds and a couple of restorations under our belt so I don't think that the fabrication is much of an issue. Does anyone know if plans were ever made available? I still have to check with our local FV group to see if this will even be allowed.

Thanks

JThw8 Dork
Nov. 15, 2008 3:55 p.m.

I dont think there were ever plans available. I looked for a few years with no luck.

Best bet is finding a local FV and taking alot of measurments.

Woody Dork
Nov. 15, 2008 7:08 p.m.

You may want to consider a LeGrand Formula Ford and DSR. They were available as complete cars or as a set of measured drawings.

Hasbro HalfDork
Nov. 15, 2008 8:07 p.m.
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
Nov. 16, 2008 1:33 a.m.

There's also an open-source sports racer project out there.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Win Some CRC Goodies

17 hours ago in News

We're picking our favorite 30 entries to the Show Us Your Shop Contest so far and sending them some prizes.

Buy One, Get One Free

21 hours ago in News

Give your friend a subscription and we'll give you one for free for being such a good buddy.

Pay It Forward

1 day ago in Articles

Passing your street survival knowledge on to the next generation pays dividends.

Pirelli World Challenge Announces 2015 Schedule

4 days ago in News

Next year's schedule includes events across North America at some of the nations's most challenging courses.

2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Redline

4 days ago in New Car Reviews

While Dodge's muscle car revival has not gone without its fair share of criticism, the Challenger Redline gives us a ...

Podcast Episode 37: JG and David talk about auctions and future collectibles

6 days ago in Articles

JG and David discuss the auction scene, and future collectible cars.

Swap Meet at the $2014 Challenge

6 days ago in News

We're just over a week away from the $2014 Challenge. Now there's a swap meet. Will you be there?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More