integraguy
integraguy Reader
9/9/08 9:04 p.m.

Just watched the 1st episode of Fringe. It sort of made me think of all the J.J. Abrams "material" sources, up to now, mixed in a blender.......along with a HUGE helping of X-Files. Strangely, the net that brought the X-Files to TV, DOESN'T mention this fact in the ads, but instead "throws in" references to HOUSE.

BTW, thought the background music was a bit much in some scenes (where is Mark Snow when you need him?) and the location titles were both helpful and.........? (not sure what adjective I want to use, "EPIC" in size?)

Not sure even with J. Jackson in the cast, they will be able to keep this concept running for a complete season.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/08 6:15 a.m.

I feel like I would watch it if there is NOTHING else on but it will be like watching shows I have already watched.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/08 8:00 a.m.

I expect it to be similar to Lost - an experiment in the limits of human curiosity. A show with all questions, no answers, and lots of filler.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/08 8:13 a.m.

More like "Greg House is LOST in Fox Mulders playhouse with a chick that looks sweet in a bikini but is not so pretty that you wouldn't want to take her to McDonalds for dinner"

I guess that is my view on it.

They could have drawn the "love interest" out longer with that plot twist rolling throughout season one THEN killing him off after WE got to like him... but she will be talking to him through the "Vulcan brain link" later in the season.

iceracer
iceracer Reader
9/10/08 9:23 a.m.

I think I won't be watching it.

therex
therex SuperDork
9/10/08 10:45 a.m.

I didn't think it was terrible.

A better sci-fi show than, say, anything on the goddamn sci fi channel.

integraguy
integraguy Reader
9/10/08 2:59 p.m.

John Brown....I'd say you nailed it completely.

While we should have figured a woman who has "commitment issues" would see her love interest "die" in her arms....what got me was how easily she seemed to transfer her old/pre-explosion feelings for her boyfriend onto the Joshua Jackson character. It also would have been a good idea to wait a little longer before revealing that the FBI was "working both sides of the street" on the issue of fringe science.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
9/10/08 8:37 p.m.

as soon as he said "I love you" within the first 5 minutes I looked at my wife and said "one of them is about to die"

Semi predictable, might have potential, wait and see I guess.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SqtRZP4vvJ23oJV8STnzGKcCDC8ogJgfAXlCNs7odsixzwh3pJijZvlAJpIGyGAk