1 2 3 ... 14
drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/27/15 2:46 p.m.

If the Mayor doesn't put a curfew in order to start tonight, she's making a big mistake. The next 2 weeks are going to be "interesting"

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
4/27/15 3:18 p.m.

Based on all the turmoil all over the country in the past few months, I wonder what will happen in the heat of the summer. It seems like August would be a time more likely for things to get ugly just based on the heat/humidity alone. It seems like cities are just tinderboxes waiting for a spark and I'm glad I don't live anywhere near one.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/27/15 3:42 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Nah, they'll get too exhausted/dehydrated from the heat and collapse.

drummerfromdefleopard
4/27/15 3:57 p.m.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/show/cbs-baltimore-live-video/

already burning cars and tossing bricks at officers and here I thought they'd wait until rush hour to start

drummerfromdefleopard
4/27/15 4:04 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

added intrigue, I wouldn't be surprised if come Friday one of her security detail turns on her. It's going to get very, very ugly around here.

drummerfromdefleopard
4/27/15 4:27 p.m.

btw, I feel that it's time for Hogan to step in above Rawling-Blake and declare a state of emergency and bring in the National Guard.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
4/27/15 4:29 p.m.

Just a manner of time, though its mostly kids/minors causing all this crap right now.

slefain
slefain UberDork
4/27/15 4:30 p.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/show/cbs-baltimore-live-video/ already burning cars and tossing bricks at officers and here I thought they'd wait until rush hour to start

Holy crap I just watched a bunch of people climb on a car and start pounding on it.

drummerfromdefleopard
4/27/15 4:31 p.m.

In reply to slefain:

earlier they looted a CVS of everything except condoms.

slefain
slefain UberDork
4/27/15 4:33 p.m.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/demonstrators-converge-in-baltimore/32595700

This feed is following a group of kids looking for trouble.

drummerfromdefleopard
4/27/15 4:36 p.m.

they closed the stadium down. Not sure if the teams will play in the empty stadium or what that situation will be (the least of the concerns right now).

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
4/27/15 4:46 p.m.

There's still hope: http://coed.com/2015/04/27/baltimore-riots-mom-slap-video-freddy-gray-protests-looting/

Note: Didn't explore the host site too much, may be NSFW - but this is awesome.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/15 5:22 p.m.

I am not going to bring specific politics into this.. but it is my belief that things are going to get uglier and uglier until it really boils over.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/15 5:47 p.m.

If they are going to riot in Baltimore, may I suggest destroying anything Ravens related? Don't hurt anyone, just put the program back a few years. I am tired of loosing to them.

drummerfromdefleopard
4/27/15 6:07 p.m.

National Guard has been activated now. Liquor stores being rioted, I was expecting that as I surprised by the CVS looting as pharmacies don't sell alcohol in Baltimore City.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
4/27/15 6:18 p.m.

Well, once sundown hits E36 M3 is just going to get worse.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
4/27/15 6:26 p.m.

Think I'll skip going in to work tomorrow morning.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
4/27/15 6:31 p.m.

It's silent here in canton at the moment, but I am leaving at 9 so it could get interesting by then.

Edit: For those who don't know, canton is a section of the city (south east side)

drummerfromdefleopard
4/27/15 6:32 p.m.

In reply to foxtrapper:

Where do you work?

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
4/27/15 6:32 p.m.

Just heard about this mess on my way home work. I find this quote to be appropriate.

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it." (Fred Thompson, Hunt for Red October 1990)

I am glad I live in the country right now.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/15 6:33 p.m.

I guess I just don't get it.

North Charleston had a officer shoot a traffic stop in the back...8 times. It happened about 5 miles from my house. The police did their job and we got nothing. There was a peaceful demonstration and that was it. This is the South. We are all racist according to most of the country. WW3 should have broken out. Why doesn't this place go up in flames when a forward thinking liberal town like Baltimore does. It makes no sense to me.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/27/15 6:34 p.m.

Hellloooooo Ferguson.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
4/27/15 6:42 p.m.

Sad to say this has been simmering for years and I'm not terribly surprised. One of the big reasons why I moved away from Baltimore is the corruption and crooked politics. Remember that when our former governor announces his run for president.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
4/27/15 6:43 p.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: In reply to foxtrapper: Where do you work?

Washington and Monroe.

Grizz
Grizz UltraDork
4/27/15 6:44 p.m.

In reply to skierd:

Oh don't worry about that, I've seen Marylanders materialize out of nowhere to explain to idiots who think O'Malley should be president why it's a terrible idea.

1 2 3 ... 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
abkqkCr8ED6cAVMMih1Ef8CgFxZB1l9l5Y6cZ3fjgfCgMeZVtOLRzk4StZHTiAA5