1 2 3 ... 38
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/2/11 5:33 p.m.

Welcome to the (un)official GRM - Gran Turismo 5 racing League - Series 3.

This is a championship series based on the cars and spirit of the Grassroots Motorsports (and what is available in GT5).

This league will consist of 10 races run weekly, and 2 classes (Z06 and HH).

Z06RM Cup - This is a "spec" championship based on the Corvette Z06 Race Mod.

• Allowed Car - 2006 Corvette (Z06) RM
  • Minimum Weight: 1090kg
  • Maximum HP: ~548 (oil change and engine break in only)
  • NO Modifications allowed
  • Tires: Any compound of Race Tire

HH - A "Hot Hatch" series

• Allowed Cars: See Admin Spreadsheet
  • Minimum weight: unlimited
  • Maximum HP: unlimited
  • FWD Only
  • No Race / Tuner / RM Cars
  • Tires: Any compound of Sport Tire

1st - 10 points 2nd - 8 points 3rd - 7 points 4th - 6 points 5th - 5 points 6th - 4 points 7th - 3 points 8th - 2 points 9th - 1 point

Points for the championship will consist of your 8 highest scores. With this, missing a race won't eliminate your chances.

First tie breaker is total wins. Second tie breaker is a 1 lap shootout on the final track of the season.

Rules:

1. You will have to compete using the same car throughout the series. Changing your car with result in a DQ.

2. You can however tune / tweak your car to the limits of your class.

3. All driving aids are off (TCS, ABS, Driving line, etc)

4. Racing etiquette applies (e.g. it is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to ensure a clean pass). Keep the racing clean. Repeated violations / complaints will result in a DQ.

If you would like to compete in 1 or more classes, please send me a PM listing:

* PSN ID
* GRM ID
* Desired Class(es)
* Desired Car

Schedule:

Races scheduled to be held on Wednesday evenings. Each class race would run sequentially, with SBC going first at 8PM Central Time (9ET, 6PT). MX5 Class will go approximately at 8:45PM Central Time. A 15 minute warm-up period will be given between the 2 races.

Event schedule:

Round 1 (6/15) - Monza (WC) - 14 laps

Round 2 (6/22) - Tsukuba - 39 laps

Round 3 (6/29) - Laguna Seca - 22 laps

Round 4 (7/6) - La Sarthe (TC/WC) - 6 laps

Round 5 (7/13) - Cote D'Azur - 24 laps

Round 6 (7/20) - Nurburing GP/F - 16 laps

Round 7 (7/27) - Fuji F - 18 laps

Round 8 (8/3) - Suzuka (WC) - 14 laps

Round 9 (8/10) - Road Course Indy - 19 laps

Round 10 (8/17) - Road Course Daytona - 14 laps

RoC (8/24) - "Moonshiners Run" - 10 laps

The Race of Champions (RoC) will be by invitation, featuring the top drivers from each class. Drivers will compete in a Production Car Limited to 600PP to determine who is the "Best of the Best".

WC - Weather Change, the setting will be left at the lobby default. GT5 will control what weather appears during the race.

TC - Time Change, only in effect for Round 4. This will be a night race.

Will be updated further...

Administration Spreadsheet

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
5/2/11 5:47 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: OK, I am inclined to allowing back in the FTO, Celicas, Eclipses, etc (providing it has a hatch)... frankly, their specs don't make a world of difference. The fastest FTO ranks 14th in HP/Ton. Let's move Series 3 to it's own thread. Here I've uploaded a new Admin Spreadsheet with currently available cars. Feel free to comment / complain / etc...

Might be the right move... Now that i remember, the FTO didn't get REALLY fast until you put slicks on it. Think it'll be too much power for Sports tires if you turn it all the way up, or too much weight if you dial it back down for traction.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/2/11 5:53 p.m.

yay series 3, I got my hatch picked......I think lol I think no matter what car, its gonna be fun with some Sports and TORQUES STEER!!!!! lol

where's my damn MX-3

Grizz
Grizz New Reader
5/2/11 6:15 p.m.

If I can run my Talon, I think I'm gonna.

But, I'd still like some suggestions on something odd my 106 S16 does. Any idea why the back end likes to swing out when I hit the brakes?

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/2/11 6:20 p.m.

Probably have to mess with the brake balance a bit.

Graefin10
Graefin10 Reader
5/2/11 7:39 p.m.

First of all, I just wanted to say thanks Brad for the time you spend working on this and setting it up for us. I think we're all enjoying it.

When I click on the Admin. Spreadsheet a site called "Filedropper" comes up??? Is it just me or ???

When you said it will include FTO, Eclipses, Talons, anything with a hatch I recalled that some FTOs and Talons had 4WD. FWD only, right??

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/2/11 7:45 p.m.
Graefin10 wrote: First of all, I just wanted to say thanks Brad for the time you spend working on this and setting it up for us. I think we're all enjoying it. When I click on the Admin. Spreadsheet a site called "Filedropper" comes up??? Is it just me or ??? When you said it will include FTO, Eclipses, Talons, anything with a hatch I recalled that some FTOs and Talons had 4WD. FWD only, right??

FWD only. The only AWD FTO was the Touring car variant.

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/2/11 7:47 p.m.

So as of right now, anything with an "HH" in front of it is AOK?

If so, the ST183 and ST162 Celica are both hatches as well.

BradLTL
5/2/11 8:23 p.m.

There should be a download link on the file dropper website. It will get you the excel spreadsheet.

No thanks are needed, I get my reward racing with you guys.

If you use excel each of the columns should have a filter so you can shortern the list to just the cars you would like to see and then sort by another column. For example, choose the HH under class will limit the list to cars that are eligible, and then you can sort by price or HP... Whatever.

The Z06s are pretty quick. In my initial test / setup I was able to run 1:10-1:13 at Deep Forest. In a 10 lap session my RM tires were at about 75% wear. That is about half our projected race distance, so pit stops will be likely. As a side note, I am running the same paint scheme as my MX5 car.

I'll add the Celicas.

From my Mini SBC experience, brake balance is a touchy thing. Too much in the rear and you will be sideways in the weeds or the wall. The most important thing is to hit your brake points and turn in marks. Every little bit you are off will cost you on the corner exit. The understeer makes it almost impossible to adjust your line mid corner. Get it right the first time.

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/2/11 8:30 p.m.

Let me double check on the ST162 before you add it, but i'm positive on the ST183.

I can't remember if the ST162 they had was a notch or a hatch, i'm second guessing myself. (They were available both ways.)

Grizz
Grizz New Reader
5/2/11 8:37 p.m.

It's probably my piss poor suspension tuning paired with the brakes, becaue I hadn't done anything to them. I lowered the brakes down 1 point in the back, so it's not quite as evil. I tried clicking it down 2 points and the car wouldn't turn while braking, so I have to run softs to tone down the sliding, but the 106 is a 265 hp and is 1 kg heavier than the 500(261 hp with high rpm turbo) and feels faster and is much more fun.

My Talon is at 380 hp, but I think I'm running race rubber, I'll have to check.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/2/11 8:54 p.m.

psssh you know nothing Ben

this is going to be......interesting lol

BradLTL
5/2/11 9:15 p.m.

I am poor, so I will be running the Focus RS. It drives better than the ST, the old Mini S, the C30, the CR-z IMO.

I hope we have a good mix of cars. That always makes it interesting. Add to the mix multiple tire compounds... speed will have to be mixed with strategy.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
5/2/11 9:27 p.m.

Hey guys, I'd like to join the racing. My GT on PSN is BobOfTheFuture. I'm new to Gt5 so give me a little slack, please

With the hatch seiries, what are the mod limits?

Grizz
Grizz New Reader
5/2/11 9:28 p.m.

What are the hp and weight #s for the RS? Just making sure my first two choices even stand a chance before I commit.

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/2/11 10:08 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Hey guys, I'd like to join the racing. My GT on PSN is BobOfTheFuture. I'm new to Gt5 so give me a little slack, please With the hatch seiries, what are the mod limits?

Anything goes, just Sport Tires. Rest is open.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
5/2/11 10:09 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Hey guys, I'd like to join the racing. My GT on PSN is BobOfTheFuture. I'm new to Gt5 so give me a little slack, please With the hatch seiries, what are the mod limits?
Anything goes, just Sport Tires. Rest is open.

Oh, jeez, alright.

I just popped on my PS3 (for the first time in ages) PSN is still down?

BradLTL
5/2/11 10:19 p.m.

Yea PSN is still down. That is why we are virtual bench racing here. Full details for this series will be posted in the next couple days... basically as I have time to type them.

There are still 3 rounds of Series 2 to go... Join in and get some practice.

Grizz
Grizz New Reader
5/2/11 10:39 p.m.

Mazda Demio Mint Z06 complements my Honda Fit Light Pink ZR1 RM ZR1 http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/DuctTapedGerbil/Superspeedway-Indy_1.jpg

For the HH race...

At first I was all...

But now I'm all... Note the brakes do the same thing with the Clio, fantastic. I figure I need to un-stiffen the back suspension a little on both of them.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
5/3/11 8:35 a.m.
BradLTL wrote: I am poor, so I will be running the Focus RS. It drives better than the ST, the old Mini S, the C30, the CR-z IMO. I hope we have a good mix of cars. That always makes it interesting. Add to the mix multiple tire compounds... speed will have to be mixed with strategy.

If you want, when the network is back up, I have several fast cars I have tested that were pretty durn speedy. (though not as speedy or good on tires as what I think I am gonna run at this point) willing to do some trading.

What was your take on the CR-z? I found it to be pretty fautless, but down on power and speed (in addition to the whole battery running out thing)

If we want to start comparing times, my initial testing is at Trial Mountain with sports softs. I would need to turn on my PS3 and check, but I am solidly sub 1:35.x

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/3/11 8:44 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote:
BradLTL wrote: I am poor, so I will be running the Focus RS. It drives better than the ST, the old Mini S, the C30, the CR-z IMO. I hope we have a good mix of cars. That always makes it interesting. Add to the mix multiple tire compounds... speed will have to be mixed with strategy.
If you want, when the network is back up, I have several fast cars I have tested that were pretty durn speedy. (though not as speedy or good on tires as what I think I am gonna run at this point) willing to do some trading. What was your take on the CR-z? I found it to be pretty fautless, but down on power and speed (in addition to the whole battery running out thing) If we want to start comparing times, my initial testing is at Trial Mountain with sports softs. I would need to turn on my PS3 and check, but I am solidly sub 1:35.x

I'll try to run some testing at Trial Mountain tonite and see where i'm at with a few cars.

BradLTL
5/3/11 9:46 a.m.
Apexcarver wrote: What was your take on the CR-z? I found it to be pretty fautless, but down on power and speed (in addition to the whole battery running out thing)

I found it ok, not spectacular. It didn't do anything wrong, but it didn't feel fast. If the battery charged like a KERS system I would probably consider it more.

BradLTL
5/3/11 12:04 p.m.

My entries...

Red Bull Hangar-7

Deep Forest Raceway

Still plenty of tuning available on the RS, but I am going to hold off on adding any more power until someone proves that I need it.

Graefin10
Graefin10 Reader
5/3/11 12:47 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL:

From the looks of that picture it doesn't look like you need any more power. I maxed mine out thinking I could keep the wheel spin under control until I got the speed up. Couldn't do it. I love the way the car looks and sounds though. Just for kicks I ran a few laps @ Tsukuba and just shredded the tires. I can imagine what a race would look like with a whole line of HHs doing that. Funny thing is one of the laps was pretty fast but the tires would last about 5 laps like that.

Grizz
Grizz New Reader
5/3/11 1:06 p.m.
BradLTL wrote: Still plenty of tuning available on the RS, but I am going to hold off on adding any more power until someone proves that I need it.

My Clio is at 381 hp at just under 900 kg.

1 2 3 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
39HfZIMfTNVwPSDH0SfZeVq0e1fPp05uHms5RrWfvgtVcOcte0V2AlM274IM1gvi