1 2 3 ... 12
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/18 12:34 a.m.

Wow, I never thought this would catch on, but look at us go it's round 5 already!

So, it's that time of year!  Where forum members from around the states tax the postal system mercilessly in an effort to ditch all the junk that we were able to dredge up from under our work benches and from around our garage, and ditch it on some unsuspecting soul with whom we've only ever had the loosest of internet based relationship with (ooh, sounds dirty!).

This year I have a vacation planned smack dab in the middle of our scheduled shenanigans, so where I've been able to immediately able to reply to all e-mails received, this year I'll have spotty service until about the 18th of December.   Just like last year, I'll create an excel spreadsheet, pair people up, and get everyone out in one batch.  Stragglers are always welcome.  As long as I can find another straggler to pair you up with, I can get you added in.

If you'd like to play this year simply PM me with:

• your GRM Forum name

• Your real name

• Your current address

Please title the e-mail "GRM New Year Game 2018" and please don't post your personal information in this thread. Also in your e-mail please note whether or not you'd be willing to ship international (we have some members in Aussie land and some friendly neighbors to the north who would like to participate)  In years previous we've had a surplus of people willing to ship international versus international people wanting to participate.  If you were on the fence because of your geographical location, please don't let it stop you from joining in the fun.

The rules:

Something "automotive" or "laying around the garage" will again be the norm (offerings to the gods of speed, random car parts, garage reading material, war trophies, stuff you just don't want, etc). You can deviate from this by buying something strictly for the game but you do so at your own risk.  A gift that fits in a flat rate box (size of your choosing) has been the norm in the past, but is by no means a hard and fast rule.

I call this a "New Years Game" because we're all busy enough as it is around the holidays and there's no sense in adding to the cluster.  In saying that, there is no real deadline to have your gift sent out but please be considerate of your giftee.   I think somewhere around January first would be a good deadline to set if you were looking for a timeframe to have a box in the mail.

Since we're doing the lists and giftings in one batch again this year I think we can all post pics to this thread, as opposed to starting a new one.

Speaking of "pictures and threads": This part is mandatory please.  It's fun for you to receive a gift, and possibly even to send one, but it's fun for everyone when you share your spoils online.

There is no punishment for signing up and not participating. But I do have a non-participant list running from the last few years (these are people who received, but did not gift). If you're on the naughty list I'm afraid you won't be allowed to participate this time without some sort of...  well, we can work something out.  Just contact me for details or to check if you're on the list.  Last year we had a record breaking 57 people involved from around the world, and if I'm remembering correctly we had 100% participation! 

Let's see, did I forget anything?

If you're new and looking for gift ideas, here's Last Year's Thread for ideas.

Also, yahoo mail subscribers once had trouble with the PM system. If in doubt,  "willgrow" and the number three at gmail.com (all one blurb) can be used for more reliable message delivery.

Cheers everyone, and thanks for making the game what it is laugh

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/2/18 12:52 a.m.

I'm in, PM sent. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
12/2/18 1:23 a.m.

I'm in.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/2/18 5:17 a.m.

Pm sent, I'm in again.

imgon
imgon Reader
12/2/18 7:25 a.m.

PM sent, glad I didn't miss it this year

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/2/18 7:41 a.m.

PM sent.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
12/2/18 7:41 a.m.

I'm in. PM sent. So much fun.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/2/18 8:22 a.m.

I’m in as well.  Some amazing stuff comes to me, I really need to up my game this year.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/2/18 8:24 a.m.

In. Time to go get a box. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
12/2/18 9:19 a.m.

I am in!

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
12/2/18 9:22 a.m.

PM sent. Pretty excited about this

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/2/18 10:40 a.m.

All in, pm sent!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/2/18 11:37 a.m.

PM sent!

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
12/2/18 1:42 p.m.

Aaaaaw Yeah! PM sent. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/2/18 5:23 p.m.

PM sent, thanks again for putting this together!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/18 5:47 p.m.

Done. 

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
12/2/18 5:55 p.m.

Pm sent

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/2/18 8:18 p.m.

Just went to last year's thread for examples on how the game is played.

IN.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/18 10:07 p.m.

Oh yeah! In!

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/2/18 10:48 p.m.

PM sent.  Thanks Bill!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/18 10:52 p.m.

IN.  PM sent.  Forgot to include International OK.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/18 11:08 p.m.

Wow, we are off to a good start.  The names are coming in faster than I can type!

Ok, first round of names on the list.  If you sent me an e-mail, but did not get a confirmation, please let me know. 

AngryC:  I got ya updated man, thanks.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
12/3/18 8:26 a.m.

Awesome.  In again.  Time to get rid of the stuff that was tool cool to throw away but too annoying to sell!

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/3/18 8:37 a.m.

Alright ya bastids, you roped me in. I've skipped it in years past but I've got some cool stuff to overburden people with.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/3/18 8:48 a.m.

Done.

1 2 3 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xqfygYHfmkNlFXgNcRY1bpafkrfRtM1QQM1KTSFdQpAIuo50Afbpa2s0f4jQUPyT