1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/19/18 9:52 a.m.
John Welsh said:

I'm holding off sending my box until after the holidays. I figure why add more burden onto the postal system. 

This also preserves the holiday for your family who will be giving you gifts. It's funny when you think of it are families are scrambling to try to figure out what we'll really like for Christmas.  Meanwhile someone you've never really met is going to send you a box a random crap that you may very well consider to be the greatest gift you've gotten this year. 

Hey, I resemble that remark

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/19/18 9:59 a.m.

There should be an extremely well taped box heading to the Midwest today from me. Should be. 

Edit: there is. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/18 10:43 a.m.

Guy Behind the Scale at the Post Office: 

“Wow...good thing you’re shipping this Flat Rate!”

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/19/18 11:40 a.m.
paranoid_android said:

My box is mostly packed, I’ll finish it up tomorrow night.

I realized today that 99.9% of the stuff I have that I think is neat would be considered interesting by .001% of the rest of the population.

And luckily 99.999% of that 0.001% is right here.

java230
java230 UltraDork
12/19/18 11:42 a.m.

Sorry to my recipient, My box will likely not go out till the 2nd..... Im headed out of town and didn't get it packed up in time :( I did scrouge up some goodies tho!

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
12/19/18 11:51 a.m.
John Welsh said:

I'm holding off sending my box until after the holidays. I figure why add more burden onto the postal system. 

This also preserves the holiday for your family who will be giving you gifts. It's funny when you think of it are families are scrambling to try to figure out what we'll really like for Christmas.  Meanwhile someone you've never really met is going to send you a box a random crap that you may very well consider to be the greatest gift you've gotten this year. 

By the same token, there are some people who don't have any family. For them, this may be the only gift they get this year.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
12/19/18 12:44 p.m.
AClockworkGarage said:
John Welsh said:

By the same token, there are some people who don't have any family. For them, this may be the only gift they get this year.

You're not wrong, but at least they have the rest of us in the GRM family.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
12/19/18 4:48 p.m.
Woody said:
Brett_Murphy said:

I got my name today. I *think* I know who it is. I have absolutely no idea what to send, as I was hoping for a Mazda guy.

I may just send Mazda stuff anyhow, to try to start the conversion.

We're all Mazda guys at some point.

And I vote "No" on the wishlist idea. That takes the fun out of it.

I don't want something that I want. I want something that I didn't know that I wanted.

I fully agree. 100%  I am excited to see something(s) that i never knew i always wanted.

but....    I must say that I have been looking at a few empty socket slots for years and I promise that I would smile in fond admiration of my secret santa every time I look at a full rack. :)

Of course it does no good unless I actually post what i'm missing :)   I'll be able to check this weekend and post up.    But very excited whether there are sockets in there or not :)

I believe I found the sorry sucker who will get mine but he seems to have everything and since he also appears to part cars out somewhat regularly, I'm struggling to think of things for when I get home and assemble the package.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
12/19/18 4:53 p.m.

also, is it wrong that I am more excited about giving this gift than any of the other gifts I will be giving this year?   I am excited for my family's gifts but it feels like I am giving myself a gift and I know what I like :)

wawazat
wawazat Reader
12/19/18 6:30 p.m.

Box acquired.  New HF tidbits purchased.  Stickers and garage detritus accumulated.  Shipment pending! 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/18 6:35 p.m.

Let’s see who the Pros from Dover are...

Who else has started filling next year’s box already?devil

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/18 6:38 p.m.

In reply to stafford1500 :

I think my wife was a bit disappointed with how excited I was emptying my box last year.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/19/18 6:44 p.m.
Woody said:

Let’s see who the Pros from Dover are...

Who else has started filling next year’s box already?devil

I actually have a spare ready to go in case we had an odd number of people. Truthfully I'd like to do this twice a year because it's so much fun. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
12/19/18 6:45 p.m.
RevRico said:

...... Truthfully I'd like to do this twice a year because it's so much fun. 

July 25th

Christmas in July?  I'm in.  Call it Mid-Summer game or such.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/19/18 7:55 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

I believe I found the sorry sucker who will get mine but he seems to have everything and since he also appears to part cars out somewhat regularly, I'm struggling to think of things for when I get home and assemble the package.

Ooooh, uhhh, if that's me and you'll excuse a little fan geeking out, some signed baby driver swag would put me over the moon. Especially if any of it was signed to Nate or Elijah - those are two of my nephews who are both way into that movie.

But of course it's fine if nothing of the sort is enclosed!!!

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/19/18 8:25 p.m.

Mine might not make it into the hands of the US Package Stompers before Christmas.  I still have a couple containment vessels to print before the holidays.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/20/18 3:32 a.m.
pinchvalve said:

Aw man, I have been looking and looking for this post and still managed to miss it.  If there is a late round, count me in, I've done two years already. 

got you in.  Same address as last year?

Hungary Bill
12/20/18 3:35 a.m.

ductape and psteav i got you guys in too.  Give me one day to get names back to ya wink

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
12/20/18 6:56 a.m.

Awe man, I missed it this year!  I guess after I was so tardy getting my parcel out last year I was put on some sort of "banned" list.  Dang.  And I still have 7 more BBF pistons to dispose of...

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
12/20/18 8:03 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Mine might not make it into the hands of the US Package Stompers before Christmas.  I still have a couple containment vessels to print before the holidays.

Thats why we call it "New Years Game".

Hungary Bill
12/21/18 6:24 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

Awe man, I missed it this year!  I guess after I was so tardy getting my parcel out last year I was put on some sort of "banned" list.  Dang.  And I still have 7 more BBF pistons to dispose of...

banned?  no way hose-a!

I got your e-mail.  if there are any other stragglers wanting to join in, we still have room wink

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/21/18 8:11 a.m.

Helped clean out my garage a little. Was going to test the weight policy with all the extra brake rotors I got from the Q45 race car.... 

I also tried to get the $40 spitfire into the box, but I guess USPS is trying to cut costs with the size of the flat rate box.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/21/18 9:40 a.m.

Guess I should try and finish packing up my box this weekend. I had a plan for a personal touch, but I don't think it's going to work... :/

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/21/18 9:40 a.m.

E36 M3. I need to go to the post office. Time to scare little old ladies again. 

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
12/21/18 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

You were my victim last year, weren't you?  

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F60QwaKKD54yiKmAijDgV1Gz00OeULbk9rV0FnUBIQu0cnmgafiGJSGTvBiNMkTP