1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24
Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/11/20 6:16 a.m.

In reply to RedGT :

Hey, Careful Man, There's A Beverage Here!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
1/11/20 7:02 a.m.
DuctTape&Bondo said:

Something arrived from Pennsylvania!

Do not open with chainsaw. 

Ok!

Well,  It's not a Chainsaw.

BRILLIANT!

johnp2
johnp2 Reader
1/11/20 7:59 a.m.
Mndsm said:

I have to wonder if at some point the post office is going to catch on to our shenanigans. 

We are aware...and we approve. 

Box came in yesterday. Pictures to come later tonight!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/11/20 10:31 a.m.

Ok, finally time to post pictures.  I have had my box for a while but wanted to wait until I got mine sent off before opening the one I got, so here goes.  

No before shots, completely slipped my mind.   After my kids took everything out I put everything back in the box:

The first batch:

Already started the book, RA magnets are on the garage door and my 12 year old son claimed the cars. 

Are Jeep Patriot s that bad?  

The shower head is going in the spare bath, have needed to replace the one in there for a while.  Stich was claimed by my daughter and the lunch bag was used for wrapping a white elephant gift for SHMOB at work.

I have no idea what the things in the top row middle are for.  They look like shell casings with a handle soldered on.  Here is a close-up

Last but not least is one of the Art boxes:

Thank you, this was fun as always, especially when my wife rolled her eyes as she saw what came.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
1/11/20 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Are those possibly powder measures?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/11/20 11:34 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

Ok, finally time to post pictures.  I have had my box for a while but wanted to wait until I got mine sent off before opening the one I got, so here goes.  

No before shots, completely slipped my mind.   After my kids took everything out I put everything back in the box:

The first batch:

Already started the book, RA magnets are on the garage door and my 12 year old son claimed the cars. 

Are Jeep Patriot s that bad?  

The shower head is going in the spare bath, have needed to replace the one in there for a while.  Stich was claimed by my daughter and the lunch bag was used for wrapping a white elephant gift for SHMOB at work.

I have no idea what the things in the top row middle are for.  They look like shell casings with a handle soldered on.  Here is a close-up

Last but not least is one of the Art boxes:

Thank you, this was fun as always, especially when my wife rolled her eyes as she saw what came.

Ah, the infamous 2017 box, that I failed box of the year on because I can't read. 

mjrj
mjrj New Reader
1/11/20 11:38 a.m.

In reply to paranoid_android :

I think that's what they are.  I read through the last few years' games to get ideas and saw them as well.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl New Reader
1/11/20 1:35 p.m.

I got a box! From Delaware Ohio.  Hopefully I will get a chance to open and post pictures tonight.

Those little scoops up there are definitely old-school powder dipper/measures.  The filed down ones are to adjust for specific quantities.  The modern equivalent are the Lee Powder Dippers.

Matthew

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
1/11/20 3:47 p.m.

My Package arrived!

The downside, I had previously taken my good work knife for a project in the shop and excitement and the cold got the better of me sooo....

These will have to do...

I'm in!

First layer we have..

A pair of calenders, some stickers, (S.C.C.B.C) a temp sensor (looks to be for an LS based on the connection) a pair of safety glasse and a golf shirt, both Gorbel branded.

Next layer:

(Not sure why my phone decided to flip this one)

We have an inverter for in car, a camaro nose badge, a trade show bag, and hey, whats in the box?

Pylon shaped salt and pepper shakers??!! I know exactly were to put these!!

Perfect!

Moving on...

A navigation box?

Whoa! its a navigation IN the box!

And finally...

A flask, a magnetic camber gauge, a John Andretti Pontiac Grand Prix and also a Indy 95 lanyard. 

Not pictured, the pair of watch batteries found in the box with the salt and peeper pylons

And everything pictured here (except the pylons, they are on the dining room table)

Huge thank you for the goodies! Hopefully the parcel I sent out has reached its destination!!

Shadeux
1/11/20 4:56 p.m.

Still waiting here! Mailman was two hours late, so I was hoping it was my GRM package slowing him down, but no joy.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/11/20 6:37 p.m.

I haven't seen my box of various Mopar bits arrive on here yet. Hopefully they made it! 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
1/11/20 9:00 p.m.

I'm going to be honest here: I've had a really rough month which has culminated this weekend with the funeral services of one of my favorite people: my closest uncle. He fell in his driveway about a month ago, never recovered from his injuries (he broke his neck and other things) and passed on his 89th birthday on 1/2/2020. I've been a wreck, especially in the past week. As I pulled into the driveway tonight after attending the services, my box was waiting for me, and man, it's just what I needed.

Let's dig in!

First off, this thing is HEAVY. And it's from PA!

Oh, cool magazines! Never heard of this one, but it looks cool!

A license plate from the Lone Star State!

This box was packed with all sorts of stuff, as you can see.

A Corvette center cap! I might make a Flava Flav necklace out of it for my dad to wear when he drives his 2010 Vette around. Because reasons.

Some tools! A stubby boi flathead on the right, and some weird thing on the left. Not exactly sure what that is yet.

A Beck-Arnley... uhh... something! Looks like some sort of mounty thingy. Made in Germany!

A LED trailer light!

The first nine seasons of Top Gear on totally legitimate media!

NICE.

A dorifto DVD! Sweet!

The first five seasons of Overhaulin'!

Even more screwdrivers! These are going into my truck kit for sure.

A LOT of chain! Maybe this is for the Flava Flav Corvette necklace?

A harmonic balancer!

I have no idea what it's for, but it has serpentine ribs and lots of holes!

A headrest cover? A bag? A satchel of some sort? You tell me!

A hitch ball mount! Looks new, too!

Another stack of mags!

And to round out the package, another Texas TRUCK plate! Cool! Both will be hung in the garage for sure.

Seriously though, this brought my spirits up after a really, really hard couple of days. Thank you immensely to whoever sent this! Cheers! laugh

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/20 11:56 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Damn, sorry you lost your uncle. That is crazy.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/20 8:10 a.m.

Tony, sorry for your loss, and that looks like an LT1 balancer

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
1/12/20 8:57 a.m.
Patrick said:

Tony, sorry for your loss, and that looks like an LT1 balancer

Things you only read on the GRM forums.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/12/20 9:57 a.m.

Finally got around to assembling the Saab 900 center cap clock that came in my stash box.  I coulda done a better job with numbers.....

NoviceClass
NoviceClass New Reader
1/12/20 10:32 a.m.
914Driver said:

Finally got around to assembling the Saab 900 center cap clock that came in my stash box.  I coulda done a better job with numbers.....

Still looks pretty good, easy to sharpen it up with a couple of dollars worth of pinstripe decals.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
1/12/20 12:01 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Tony,  glad it brightened your day some, sorry to hear about your uncle.

The racecar engineering magazines get very in depth and technical sometimes,  a friend passes them along to me every so often.

The overhauling and drift dvds, other magazines and Texas plates are passed on from my box last year.  Every time i read the tag line on the drift dvd i take it as a description of what a senior enlisted man does on leave 0_o

The Top Gear seasons were burned for me by a friend in college and after i watched them all, probably 10 years ago, have been floating around the garage since.  Enjoy! I like the earlier ones quite a bit more than current seasons.

The balancer is indeed for an LT1.  But the mounting holes are drilled from the wrong side of the part so if you tried to install it the belt doesnt line up plus the machined flat surface isn't on the crank.  This was my first rockauto failure - and then i took too long to return it and threw that money away :( .  It makes for good ballast though!

The chains are snow tire chains.  Does anyone use those anymore?  Turning it into a corvette necklace would be amazing.

Headrest cover is for a 2011 Fiesta.  Sold it to a friend who keeps cars a very short time.  By the time i located the headrests he had already flipped the car.  It was like 3 weeks.

No clue what the pulley/tensioner is for! Might be an 84 Alfa GTV6.  Or an 89 Camry.  Or an 84 Golf.  Or none of the above.  I have no clue but it's been on the shelf for a long time.

danvan
danvan GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/12/20 1:09 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

Your box arrived on Friday but still haven't opened it we went from a foot and a half of snow  to 25 below so i have been running to get the snow cleared and ready for the cold sometimes living in the country is a lot of work

matthewmcl
matthewmcl New Reader
1/12/20 2:35 p.m.

Okay, I finally opened my box and took some lousy camera photos. It was after most of the house was asleep for various reasons, so I did not want to go hunting for my camera.  Before I start, I have to say that while I haven't had anything going on like Tony is having, circumstances have led this to be the second box I am openning this Christmas season, so it is a big deal.  My wife still has something awesome on its way, but it is on a slow boat, so I am still waiting.

First off, openning the box.  I wanted something fitting with GRM and I figured that if I can slice the roof off of a Rabbit clean enough to weld it onto another Rabbit, I should be able to open a box.  Out came the angle grinder with a cutting wheel.

I cut in two passes per side, so I could get a better feel for breaking through the inner cardboard layer and not cut too deep.  There was a spot that was barely attached, so time for a body seam cutter and hammer.

Lid removed, and everything inside looks fine.

On top we have some shirts and other goodies.  The shirts look like they will fit, and one has some garage stains laready so I won't feel bad about adding more.  There is a koozie and a graphics card that will work with some of my hardware, and be great after I strip the CAD cards out for use in a different box.  A cool camera that is perfect for answering little kids questions of "Can I take a picture with your phone."  6 pin trailer wiring socket that will go with the trailer with recently added brakes, a 4 coil pack (motorcycle?), a robot (I actually taught robotics last year and the year before), and a cool licese plate frame.  That might look amusing on the minivan.

XP boot disk, most likely won't do anything with my hardware, but I will check.  Anything is better than Windows 8..., a cute little carburetor, a windshield wiper motor with cracked connector, a spring and a little follower wheel out of something, 4 matchbox and the original "Italian Job," which is awesome.  Finally proof for my wife that my Rabbit is not a small car...

A license plate and some 3M wax that made the sacrafice padding the wiper motor.

A very small T-Shirt that may fir the 8 year old, hooks for workshop organization, and a jogging phone holder.

Exiting news about the state of Bowling

And under that a whole bunch of stickers and autographs!  And yes, Ticonderoga are indeed the world's best pencil for school use.

These ones are going to work...

And closing out with some MOPAR reading material

I think I have a pretty good idea of which screen name this came from (thanks to the "on the road assist list"), but whomever this is from, Thanks for the cool stuff and for making my day!

Matthew

Shadeux
1/12/20 4:54 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

I so wanna go to DirtFish!

Every time I mention DF the SWMBO gives me the stink-eye. Not sure why. 

I need to find something equally tantalizing and awesome for her and mention it. laugh

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/13/20 8:52 a.m.
matthewmcl said:

Okay, I finally opened my box and took some lousy camera photos. It was after most of the house was asleep for various reasons, so I did not want to go hunting for my camera.  Before I start, I have to say that while I haven't had anything going on like Tony is having, circumstances have led this to be the second box I am openning this Christmas season, so it is a big deal.  My wife still has something awesome on its way, but it is on a slow boat, so I am still waiting.

First off, openning the box.  I wanted something fitting with GRM and I figured that if I can slice the roof off of a Rabbit clean enough to weld it onto another Rabbit, I should be able to open a box.  Out came the angle grinder with a cutting wheel.

I cut in two passes per side, so I could get a better feel for breaking through the inner cardboard layer and not cut too deep.  There was a spot that was barely attached, so time for a body seam cutter and hammer.

Lid removed, and everything inside looks fine.

On top we have some shirts and other goodies.  The shirts look like they will fit, and one has some garage stains laready so I won't feel bad about adding more.  There is a koozie and a graphics card that will work with some of my hardware, and be great after I strip the CAD cards out for use in a different box.  A cool camera that is perfect for answering little kids questions of "Can I take a picture with your phone."  6 pin trailer wiring socket that will go with the trailer with recently added brakes, a 4 coil pack (motorcycle?), a robot (I actually taught robotics last year and the year before), and a cool licese plate frame.  That might look amusing on the minivan.

XP boot disk, most likely won't do anything with my hardware, but I will check.  Anything is better than Windows 8..., a cute little carburetor, a windshield wiper motor with cracked connector, a spring and a little follower wheel out of something, 4 matchbox and the original "Italian Job," which is awesome.  Finally proof for my wife that my Rabbit is not a small car...

A license plate and some 3M wax that made the sacrafice padding the wiper motor.

A very small T-Shirt that may fir the 8 year old, hooks for workshop organization, and a jogging phone holder.

Exiting news about the state of Bowling

And under that a whole bunch of stickers and autographs!  And yes, Ticonderoga are indeed the world's best pencil for school use.

These ones are going to work...

And closing out with some MOPAR reading material

I think I have a pretty good idea of which screen name this came from (thanks to the "on the road assist list"), but whomever this is from, Thanks for the cool stuff and for making my day!

Matthew

The coil pack was left over from an upgrade to a Buick with a 3800, I think.  It has been in my parts box for probably 15 years.  The card is from my Honda powered mower and the wiper motor was from my first fix and flip, a 92 Civic.

As for the tan shirts, I have a ton of those from my time in the Army and I wanted some more padding, feel free to trash them.  The small T shirt is from the Flying Lizard Motorsports team when they were in the ALMS, All of my kids are way to big for it now and I really didn't want to give it to Goodwill.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
1/13/20 11:00 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Yay Saab clock!  laugh

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/20 12:13 a.m.

Mine was delayed by a freak run in with an apex predator, but I don't feel too bad because I haven't received yet either blush

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/14/20 8:59 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

Glad you enjoyed it! A decent number of things in the box were passed on from previous year's boxes including, of course, the previous year's box. The powder measurers were also from a previous box as was the book and the lunch bag. 

I can't speak definitively regarding all Jeep Patriots, but the one I had was easily the least enjoyable automobile ownership experience that I've had, and I've not heard particularly glowing praise for them or their other 'City Jeep' cousins. It's probably the only vehicle I've ever owned where after being rid of it I swore I would never own another of anything built on its platform.

1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mlDftp4WU4VmkYAyyfEDAFl8bK84DKhWhKH9NYML7YpwKJFWGnauV0xbjVYdLeWy