1 2 3 4 ... 12
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/29/13 9:01 a.m.

7 spots left!

In reply to SilverFleet:

its pretty simple...pick a "team" of players - you pick a starter and a backup or 2 in each position that is set up in the bracket youre participating in (the system can autopick for you if you want). Your players can come from anywhere in the real NFL - your Reciver could be from Baltimore, and your QB from San Francisco, and your Defense from Florida. Each position is awarded or cost points based on that particular players performance that week. Your aggregate points are totaled by week, and you either win or lose compared to the fantasy person youre matched against for that week.

You can add ,trade, drop, or bench players based on the real NFL team theyre facing each week, or if theyre injured, or if their team has a bye week etc etc. It really doesnt take all that much time in reality. Maybe an hour a week? tops? Of course, you can spend much more time on it than that if you want.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/29/13 6:50 p.m.

For Joe G:

Thoughts for the start of the 2013 football season.    

The coach had put together the perfect team for the Chicago Bears. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't  find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

Then one night while watching CNN he saw a war-zone scene in the  West Bank. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young  Israeli soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away.

KABOOM!

He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney.

KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph.

BULLS-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!"

So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. And the Bears go on to win the Super Bowl.

The young man is hailed as the great hero of football, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his Mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you, the old woman says." You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!" The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says,...

"I will never forgive you for making us move to Chicago !!!!

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
8/30/13 10:14 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: True story: Growing up we had small part of a New York Giants goalpost in our basement.

I had a hedgehog anti-submarine missile in mine.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/13 11:40 a.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

I chuckled.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
8/31/13 7:17 a.m.

So there are only 4 confirmed and 2 invited to the fantasy league? Come on there has to be more than that out there.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
9/1/13 9:46 a.m.

One week away. I will try to remind everyone about making your picks each week, but even I forget from time to time, so you may be on your own.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/2/13 8:18 a.m.

What's the deadline on the fantasy league? PM me an invite and I'll give it a shot if I have time.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/2/13 9:07 a.m.

poop, I need your email to send the invite. hit me up at butlerbmx at yaho0 d0t com, and I will send an invite once I can see your email addy.

draft is going to be this Wednesday at 8pm eastern, so you'll need to accept the invite before then.

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
9/2/13 12:10 p.m.

EDIT - Never mind, I figured it out. I'm in on the pick 'em game. Well, my 9 year old son is.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
9/2/13 5:12 p.m.

So we should keep the E36 M3 talk to a minimum?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/3/13 7:48 a.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: So we should keep the E36 M3 talk to a minimum?

absolutely not...there is a minimum signal to noise ratio that needs to be kept

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
9/3/13 8:03 a.m.

Well with a 9 year old it probably isn't a good idea to E36 M3 talk too much.

P.S. Thursday is the first game, so get your picks in ASAP. At least for that game.

Javelin
9/3/13 12:19 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: Well with a 9 year old it probably isn't a good idea to E36 M3 talk too much. P.S. Thursday is the first game, so get your picks in ASAP. At least for that game.

Either I am the only one with picks in, or the grid view doesn't show everybody else's picks until times up?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/3/13 1:28 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: poop, I need your email to send the invite. hit me up at butlerbmx at yaho0 d0t com, and I will send an invite once I can see your email addy. draft is going to be this Wednesday at 8pm eastern, so you'll need to accept the invite before then.

Sent! Let the motherberkeleying E36 M3 talkin begin!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
9/3/13 3:15 p.m.

Who is the user with the handle "ThatsWhatSheSaid"? Great name!!!!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/3/13 3:35 p.m.

heheh poopie, this season will be fun!

and for anyone else wanting to get in on the fantasy league action, hurry hurry, draft is tomorrow at 8 eastern, so I will need your email so I can send you an invite, and then youll need to accept the invite before then...

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/4/13 12:31 p.m.

what's the minimum number of teams?

c'mon you big bag o' pansies, you scared?!

toad9977
toad9977 New Reader
9/4/13 12:40 p.m.

I'm playing guys, so that will at least mean you wont finish last. That should make you wanna play!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/4/13 1:18 p.m.

poop and javelin, please either accept your invites or formally bow out, the draft cannot happen with invites not accepted.

Javelin
9/4/13 1:22 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Hrm, oops. I deleted the email! Resend?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/4/13 1:32 p.m.

sent

Javelin
9/4/13 2:14 p.m.

What the hell, joined. Hopefully autodraft doesn't screw me over.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/4/13 2:49 p.m.

You can increase priority levels for different position players - if you like a few running backs specifically, you can add priority to them, and if theyre available when its your turn, youll pick them if theyre available. If you add no priority, then youll autodraft players by ESPN's rankings.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/4/13 3:09 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: poop and javelin, please either accept your invites or formally bow out, the draft cannot happen with invites not accepted.

4cylndrfury, please calm the berk down.

So I can't start picking players until after 8PM tonight, correct?

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/4/13 3:17 p.m.

poops, you could (should?) set your draft priorities up before then. I'm on vacation the rest of the week and probably won't get out of work today in time to make it, but i've got my autodraft set up.

I'm currently heckling my buddy golfduke to join... i'm going to send you his email to send him an invite.

1 2 3 4 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OdONHnhwdCVUtnPjA0iHhSjjwDP3DfzmIdNPAmxeV1Nh9FCLa79Spt5rQJ15dxre