wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
4/2/20 3:59 a.m.

Would like to join

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/2/20 5:36 a.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

Check the first post on page 1 for the time of the next chat.  About 10 minutes before that the link will be posted in the first line of that post.  Click the link & go.

If you don't already have the Zoom software you will need to download it.  Links to it are also in the first post of this thread.  Once you install the software it will ask you if you want to use it and request a chat number.  Skip that and just use the link hobiercr posts...

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/20 12:31 p.m.
secretariata said:

In reply to wheels777 :

Check the first post on page 1 for the time of the next chat.  About 10 minutes before that the link will be posted in the first line of that post.  Click the link & go.

If you don't already have the Zoom software you will need to download it.  Links to it are also in the first post of this thread.  Once you install the software it will ask you if you want to use it and request a chat number.  Skip that and just use the link hobiercr posts...

One small additional detail. When I installed it on my iPhone I did not initially receive a prompt to create a Zoom account. However, I couldn't join the meeting until after I'd done so. 

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/20 12:34 p.m.

This is great, I have been doing this with my kid's school kids. I'll try to jump on the next one!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/2/20 3:10 p.m.

Is this something we should be concerned about?

Zoom security concerns

Anything we can do to mitigate risks? I know when I first heard about this over the weekend, I made sure to use my personal laptop to chat on Tuesday, vs my work laptop.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/2/20 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I loaded Zoom onto a really old iPad last Saturday night just to participate and it did not require me to set up an account.  I've only used it that one time so I'm not sure if the software has been updated since Saturday?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/20 10:58 a.m.

Another article on Zoom security issues

I'm not too worried about the Zoombombing issue.  If anyone starts drawing dick picts we'll all probably just comment on the lack of creativity. The security concerns it sounds like the company is working on. I use Zoom every day and have not had issues. If the security issue is a huge concern you can join via phone (no video). If you want to join this way, PM me and I'll give you the # and conference code.

On another topic, we had planned to start tonight at 9. Are there those that want to start earlier, say 8 PM? If so I can make it happen.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/3/20 2:08 p.m.

I've got no preference on start time, but our local forecast is calling for decreasing levels of sobriety as the evening wanes.  

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/3/20 2:22 p.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

I've got no preference on start time, but our local forecast is calling for decreasing levels of sobriety as the evening wanes.  

Had to quote for the hilarity

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/3/20 2:36 p.m.

I'm pretty open on start time, but I'll be there for this one. 

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 3:33 p.m.
stafford1500 said:

My local forecast looks very similar. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/3/20 3:50 p.m.

Regarding the Zoom security, yeah, I have seen the reports. On the other hand, everyone's using it.

I participated in a Zoom webinar the other day, and our host did remind us that this is the internet and security should always be an issue. So, yeah, don't share your SSN or anything via Zoom. 

And I'm fine with 8:00 or 9:00. 9:00 would work better since we usually eat late, but mob rules. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 3:56 p.m.

Ooooooh, I'll try to join tonight!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/3/20 3:59 p.m.

Just commenting to be able to find it easier when I get home. ;)

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/20 4:08 p.m.
stafford1500 said:

Quoting as a reminder to myself... blush

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/3/20 4:58 p.m.

Is the time EST? And what's the meeting link? 

4/3/20 5:04 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
stafford1500 said:

Quoting as a reminder to myself... blush

forecast seems spot on so far

4/3/20 5:05 p.m.
yupididit said:

Is the time EST? And what's the meeting link? 

EST and check the first post here, it will be posted about 10 min before start time

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 5:26 p.m.

This sounds like SO much fun.

I even showered today so I don't look like a bum

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 5:27 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Regarding the Zoom security, yeah, I have seen the reports. On the other hand, everyone's using it.

I participated in a Zoom webinar the other day, and our host did remind us that this is the internet and security should always be an issue. So, yeah, don't share your SSN or anything via Zoom. 

And I'm fine with 8:00 or 9:00. 9:00 would work better since we usually eat late, but mob rules. 

There were reports of a guy hacking into an office meeting on Zoom and putting his hootus in front of the camera..

I figured we can handle that on our own.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/3/20 5:30 p.m.

I napped so I'm ready. 

java230
java230 UberDork
4/3/20 5:30 p.m.

I may not make this one. But happy Friday all. 

4/3/20 6:05 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:
David S. Wallens said:

There were reports of a guy hacking into an office meeting on Zoom and putting his hootus in front of the camera..

I figured we can handle that on our own.

So that's what Ian F has been up to today? laugh

4/3/20 6:06 p.m.
java230 said:

I may not make this one. But happy Friday all. 

You have some really aggressive species of grass there. It has already started to grow on your pizza...

4/3/20 6:07 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

This sounds like SO much fun.

I even showered today so I don't look like a bum

My weekly shower day is Saturday, but I cut my hair short so you can't tell...

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RFXo9t7FcSeoCw4mN5RXjC23CkdqKP6SKKeq1g7mstDI4R1Vs2Dkr47M1eF2yHIN