Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/13 7:56 p.m.

I had to post this here.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Upjn5DR0o&sns=em

Somewhat related........Indiana's Boone County Sheriff pretty much making the point 5 revolvers are more dangerous than a Glock with 2 15rd mags. Someone needs to get this man a bigger budget.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/13 9:41 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Brett_Murphy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Upjn5DR0o&sns=em Somewhat related........Indiana's Boone County Sheriff pretty much making the point 5 revolvers are more dangerous than a Glock with 2 15rd mags. Someone needs to get this man a bigger budget.

That should be required viewing for all congresspeople.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/28/13 9:43 a.m.

The NYC reload is exactly how I would operate if semi-autos were ever banned.....

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/28/13 9:53 a.m.

That's my elected sheriff there. I have never been so proud! I can tell you that he WILL get my vote when he's up for re-election.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/28/13 9:54 a.m.
yamaha wrote: The NYC reload is exactly how I would operate if semi-autos were ever banned.....

that's how it was done long lone ago. They carried more than one SAA colt/remington/S&W. Some guys would have 3-4 pistols on them if they knew the feces was about to hit the spinning blade creating an artificial wind.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/28/13 10:32 a.m.

Anyone here have an EAA Witness Match? I'm seriously considering one in .38super.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/28/13 12:25 p.m.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/28/13 12:30 p.m.

He can't really be that dumb, can he?

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/28/13 12:46 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: He can't really be that dumb, can he?

Yes

http://freebeacon.com/biden-just-fire-the-shotgun-through-the-door/

He

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/20/joe-biden-shotgun-advice-could-land-jill-biden-in-jail

Can

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/crime/man-charged-for-firing-gun-in-home

And the guy actually fired at them, not carelessly into the air as Biden suggested.

Snowden's actions would be legal in SC, although Biden's would not. Either way. He can indeed be that stupid.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
2/28/13 1:18 p.m.

I dont know if I would go so far to call the man dumb, certainly highly ignorant.[sarcasm] It isnt entirely his fault he's not spent much time in the real world, where you aren't guarded 24/7 and may actually have to defend yourself [/sarcasm].

dinger
dinger Reader
2/28/13 1:43 p.m.

The man is a lawyer, and is telling people that they should commit multiple misdemeanors or possible felonies.

He is dumb.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/28/13 1:55 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: I dont know if I would go so far to call the man dumb, certainly highly ignorant. It isnt entirely his fault he's not spent much time in the real world, where you aren't guarded 24/7 and may actually have to defend yourself.

THis is off topic, but to prove how these people can rise to power and still be really really dumb, here is everyone's favorite representative:

Maxine Waters said 170 million people could lose their jobs due to sequestration

http://washingtonexaminer.com/rep.-maxine-waters-170-million-people-could-lose-their-jobs-due-to-sequestration/article/2522843

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
2/28/13 2:53 p.m.

In reply to tuna55:

If my arithmetic is correct, 170 million losing jobs from a cut of 85 billion dollars, (that is not really being cut) each of the people losing a job were working for 500 dollars per year.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/28/13 3:00 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

Not only that, but there are something like 140 million jobs in America

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/28/13 3:32 p.m.

I could see 17million jobs......we all know each side doesn't care about fixing typos or incorrect facts so long as they can get an "OMG" reaction....

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/28/13 4:01 p.m.

I was thinking about the push singling out the AR-15 as a weapon to ban.

Now, I have said before that I think the need/desire to keep a gun for home defense is greatly out of proportion with reality, but I understand there are people who feel that need, and I am fine with that if they do so responsibly.

Banning Ar-15's would undermine one of the strongest rules of thumb for selecting a defense weapon: use what police use. If you want what will be effective and not make you a killer just waiting for someone to break into your house, pick the same sort of equipment that law enforcement uses. No weird custom guns, hand loads, etc. If law enforcement picks a particular weapon that implies it is effective and prudent for defense.

Contrary to popular hype the AR-15 isn't "military grade", but is police grade. Look in any squad car. What do you see in the front seat? A tactical shotgun and an AR-15 or similar semi-automatic rifle. Those are the weapons you want if things are really serious. If people are banned from having those, you remove their ability, if they do defend themselves, to stand before a judge and explain their chosen of defense weapon by saying, "I purchased this weapon for home defense because it is the same equipment used by the local police and I trusted their judgement in selecting the appropriate tool to protect people."

If you do feel the need to ban the weapons for home defense that law enforcement uses to protect people, perhaps what you really need to talk consider and discuss is whether you believe people should be allowed to defend their homes with lethal force or not. If that is what you believe, make the debate about that, not about what weapons are more evil than others.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/28/13 4:05 p.m.
kazoospec wrote:
Will wrote: Legally speaking, warning shots tend to be a great way to go from victim to perp.
Truf. Summary from my CPL class: If the situation isn't serious, your "warning shot" is likely to be construed as an assault. If the situation is serious, you just wasted a round you may need in the next 30 seconds or so. What I can't figure out is if "Uncle Joe" says that kind of stuff in a failed attempt to be folksy or if he's really that stupid.

However racking a pump action shotgun makes a noise you can hear in a house nicely and that says, "Yes, I have a big gun with a round in the chamber ready to fire."

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/13 5:59 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: However racking a pump action shotgun makes a noise you can hear in a house nicely and that says, "Yes, I have a big gun with a round in the chamber ready to fire."

Yup. It's actually one of the uses of force on the chart we had as Federal Officers in the Coast Guard. I was the shotgun guy on the boarding team, and never had to do it, but it's definitely an effective deterrent.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/28/13 6:14 p.m.

I am still a firm believer of no noise......until a bang. But none of us are going to change each others opinions there.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/28/13 7:26 p.m.

FL bill would allow principles to designate teachers who may carry
http://www.theledger.com/article/20130228/NEWS/130229277?Title=Bill-Allows-Principals-to-Designate-Who-Can-Carry-Concealed-Weapon

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/28/13 7:45 p.m.

Welcome Florida to a law Indiana has had on the books for eons.....

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/28/13 7:52 p.m.

WOW, COOL! I'M GONNA RETIRE IN INDIANA!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/28/13 7:58 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Welcome Florida to a law Indiana has had on the books for eons.....

We have sunshine

1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GJmlaZUMNNiRJx0yakO2NE3b3N97nUhBrixPymUfVdEY3WhIE6iVl0IeOQ12ipXY