1 2 3 4
The
The Dork
12/16/15 8:06 p.m.

I can't force myself to watch it. When SWMBO get her turn with the remote I can't even stay in the room.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/15 8:16 p.m.

Nope. I wouldn't say I hate it, but I definitely don't like it, I don't understand it and I certainly won't watch it.

A bunch of cliche BS that sets unrealistic expectations for personal and professional relationships while reinforcing 50's era stereotypes.

The same people who enjoy The Hallmark channel are the same ones who lined up to watch Fifty Shades of Grey with their pearls clutched tightly and tongues ready to deliver wide-eyed, disapproving clucks.

Bless their hearts all to Hell.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/16/15 9:15 p.m.

Many MANY people prefer things to be safe and predictable and unchallenging. That's comfort and entertainment to them. Hence pop music, Thomas Kincaid paintings, etc.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Reader
12/16/15 9:20 p.m.
Duke wrote: Many MANY people prefer things to be safe and predictable and unchallenging. That's comfort and entertainment to them. Hence pop music, Thomas Kincaid paintings, etc.

Preach it, brother.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/16/15 9:43 p.m.

We cut the cord years ago. What's the hallmark channel? and who berking cares

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
12/17/15 3:02 a.m.

My girlfriend loves that channel.. her dvr is full of movies, and she goes out of her way to make sure there is room for the new ones that came out this year..

I can't stand them.. they are all the same and have the same people doing the same things..

Fletch1
Fletch1 Dork
12/17/15 5:52 a.m.

Wow. Posts spewing hate towards people who watch a certain TV channel. You guys are brilliant.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
12/17/15 5:56 a.m.

Hallmark is not as bad as the "man bad, woman good" channel

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/15 5:59 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: We cut the cord years ago. What's the hallmark channel? and who berking cares

This.

I'm going to assume it's full of touchy feely movies and TV shows. Those don't bother me too much as long as I'm in my shop while she's watching them.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Reader
12/17/15 6:44 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Hallmark is not as bad as the "man bad, woman good" channel

Would that be the Dreaded Lifetime Channel you speak of?

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
12/17/15 6:51 a.m.
Fletch1 wrote: Wow. Posts spewing hate towards people who watch a certain TV channel. You guys are brilliant.

Thank you. I love how these folks are all about "diversity" and "inclusivity" until you disagree with their narrow minds.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
12/17/15 7:18 a.m.
WildScotsRacing wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: Hallmark is not as bad as the "man bad, woman good" channel
Would that be the Dreaded Lifetime Channel you speak of?

I think that is it. My wife loves it. I have to leave the room and go search pRon on the interwebs.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/17/15 7:21 a.m.

I've caught my dad watching Lifetime. I ripped on him good.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
12/17/15 7:50 a.m.

Its full of good, wholesome and entirely predictable movies. My wife loves them, and hates me when I tell her 5 minutes into the movie what the outcome will be. Hallmark has a formula they use for every movie and its always the same thing in a different setting. Still she loves them because its about the only place you can watch a movie that isn't filled with "disgusting".

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
12/17/15 8:09 a.m.

Hallmark movies are huggie feel-good movies that end well after a few twists and turns. Just like their cards.

Lifetime movies are a nice lonely woman meets a handsome mysterious Dr. Jekyll who turns at to be Mr. Hyde.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/17/15 8:12 a.m.

My in laws (mom in law and sis in law) love Hallmark movie garbage and my wife seems tolerant of it. A factor in the decision of purchasing a project car and housing it at her house was that it would provide me with something to do to escape watching those movies.

They dont even have cable, they purchase them on DVD

Otherwise, I get a lot of reading in while I am there.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
12/17/15 8:17 a.m.

Oh yeah, I present you the worlds most hateful drinking game.

Take a sip every time they say "Christmas" in this movie or talk about god or jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmDUOfPLWtA
(Fear not, this is but the trailer)

I found it to be sentimental drivel of the worst level (and with strong christian overtones!), you will need the alcohol...

My wife agrees, this drinking game will make the film much more watchable and probably result in alcohol poisoning.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
12/17/15 8:44 a.m.

My wife has been watching this channel non-stop since they began showing Christmas movies in October.

Every movie is the same thing: Protagonist is some B-lister who used to be on Full House, they lose their "Christmas Spirit" or have a lost love, a conflict with their big job in the city, etc. and by then end when all hope is lost, they regain their "Christmas Spirit" and everything is great!!!

I usually hide in another room and play old-school video games instad of subjecting myself to this punishment.

slefain
slefain UberDork
12/17/15 8:54 a.m.

Back when we had cable I found both channels to be fairly terrible in how they portrayed men. Apparently we are either perfect or wife beaters, there is no in between. The only good men are the ones who are hopeless romantics who can read their love's mind and deliver exactly what they have been dreaming about. Oh, and all Dad's are clueless, bumbling idiots who can't care for their own children or be bothered to be involved with parenting.

My wife loves happy, feel good movies, but even she hates the tripe that Hallmark and Lifetime put out.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/17/15 10:09 a.m.

Don't we have a "minor rant" thread for stuff like this?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/17/15 10:30 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver:

A Christmas movie with Christian overtones? The Hell you say? Inconceivable!

92dxman
92dxman Dork
12/17/15 10:56 a.m.

I don't have cable so the hallmark channel is no skin off my back..

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
12/17/15 11:11 a.m.

Sounds like I would like it.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
12/17/15 11:26 a.m.

hey, hey, hey - sometimes they play old Columbo reruns. If I don't like what's on, I've got clickers for 3 or 4 other tvs and a good internet connection.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
12/17/15 11:35 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: In reply to Apexcarver: A Christmas movie with Christian overtones? The Hell you say? Inconceivable!

How dare they!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XLWpLWFYOpZMJBGeHUZCxx03eK5NN451H2GHePvQjnnedvChx5RpUGj0fPSJivy8