1 2
Saron81
Saron81 New Reader
2/20/18 6:25 p.m.

Can’t seem to get this right...

i copy the embed link, and just get this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Skas-Egr6iE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What am I doing wrong?

thanks 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/20/18 6:34 p.m.

You don't need the embed link. Just the page URL for the video. Then open the thing that looks like a calendar next to the pictures icon and put the URL in the box.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/20/18 6:36 p.m.

Test just to make sure I'm telling you right. 

Looks like I did.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/20/18 6:53 p.m.

I went to the video (using the browser, not the youtube app) and clicked the share button. Copied that link and clicked the "media embed" icon in the forum editor. That's the icon next to the picture icon, it looks kinda like a newspaper with a plus sign on it. Pasted the link in the box and hit OK. 

Saron81
Saron81 New Reader
2/20/18 6:56 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Thanks.... I was missing the “media embed” button.

appreciate the help!

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
2/20/18 7:02 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

I guess I'm blind. Looks like a calendar page to me. Oh well, whatever works.

EastCoastMojo
2/20/18 7:33 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

In all likelyhood am the blind one. laugh

In reply to Saron81:

Glad it worked out! yes

EastCoastMojo
2/20/18 8:31 p.m.
red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
8/7/18 11:20 a.m.

For the past couple days I've been getting an error when attempting to embed a youtube video:

It's happening on both Chrome and Edge.  Any ideas?

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
8/7/18 2:42 p.m.

In reply to red_stapler :

Same thing for me. 

EastCoastMojo
8/7/18 2:49 p.m.

I have noticed some funkiness with the media embed feature as well, but assumed it was my phone that was the issue since no one else mentioned problems. I will alert the web gurus. Thanks! yes

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/7/18 2:50 p.m.

I'll third that. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
8/7/18 3:46 p.m.

Just popped the hood, everyone. I'll let you know what we find.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/8/18 12:20 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Still doesn't seem to be working.  In fact, I just found this thread because I was trying to link to a Youtube video:

https://youtu.be/DhJCVqFvKCw

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/8/18 1:09 p.m.

I ran into the failure to fetch error last week as well. I assumed I had done something wrong when I uploaded the video to the youtubes.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/9/18 8:43 p.m.

Can we make the imbeded YouTube videos scalable to your screens resolution?

Everything is a postage stamp on my various PC screens, I wind up clicking the link at the top of the tiny YouTube window, and watching the full size video directly on YouTube.  Would be nice if we didn't have to leave a thread to see a video.  The first version of the YouTube embed feature showed a much larger video window, more or less fit to the post frame of a thread, but now they're tiny.

Firefox and/or Chrome on various Windoze devices.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
8/9/18 9:11 p.m.

OP, thanks for posting this. I lost the thread on how to embed videos I guess when you no longer had to "embed" them. 

Pete

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/18 4:50 p.m.

Why are emended video's so small in size?  Is it a compromise due to this site trying to serve bth the PC and the smart phone?  I really wish they were bigger.  On my screen the video is about 3" tall adn 4 inches across. No I am not going to change my browser zoom setting.  Yes it is set at 100 percent.  If I zoomed in the text would be 2" tall on my screen.  

dean1484
8/10/18 4:53 p.m.

Example

dean1484
8/10/18 4:54 p.m.

You could double the size and it would still be small.  Yes I have a wide screen but even so with it 2x the size it should still be fine.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/10/18 6:56 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
8/10/18 7:06 p.m.

OK, so it looks like you can't just copy the youtube url.  The "enbed video" url is way longer.  You should be able to click the "share" button, then select "embed video", make a few selections and click "copy".  The embed url includes additional attributes than the page/video url itself. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't work either.  Message: "the specified url is not supported".  Hope this is helpful to the detectives.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/18 8:41 p.m.
dean1484 said:

You could double the size and it would still be small.  Yes I have a wide screen but even so with it 2x the size it should still be fine.

Agreed. They used to be just fine when it was first available. Now I won't even watch videos embedded because they are too small. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/14/18 7:02 p.m.
EvanB said:
dean1484 said:

Agreed. They used to be just fine when it was first available. Now I won't even watch videos embedded because they are too small. 

Click on the YouTube insignia at the bottom right of frame on the 'small' embedded video and it will take you to full size on YouTube.

I can't embed videos from YT today using the 'Insert Media Embed' box while I have many times before. All I gets is  "Failed to fetch content for the given URL." box.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
8/16/18 7:41 a.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

Same problem here.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZLeMzGh1V5flDyw1H3RhSkBLCuMMFG9KmacH34sT6oiEYQuEYHsBIJTZpy5Lh2ka