1 2 3 4
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
7/12/18 7:58 a.m.
monknomo said:

In reply to kazoospec :

I'm clearly not a helicopter guy - they all kinda look the same to me :)

Sensible guy, I'll take my blades out front (or back) just like the flying spaghetti monster intended, not the spinning fan of impending doom above my head.

Back on topic.  I seem to recall there's some kind of upscale 'hotel' I've heard about somewhere with 'theme' rooms (no, not that sort of hotel you pervs) One of the 'rooms' is a hanger with a helicopter you sleep inside.

To the PO, what's the likely hood of this coming to fruition, I can't wait for the build thread, starting with an epic 'getting it home' story.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
7/12/18 11:41 a.m.
monknomo said:

In reply to kazoospec :

I'm clearly not a helicopter guy - they all kinda look the same to me :)

You aren't alone.  Most people assume anything green with an egg beater on top is a "Huey".  Actually, you aren't entirely wrong, either.  The original "Huey" had some official name that nobody can remember (Iroquois).  As G.I.'s will do, it got a nickname from it's designation UH-1 ("UH" - which stands for "utility helicopter" IIRC - became "Huey").  For some reason, the designation never really attached to later "utility helicopters" the way it did to the UH-1, but I have heard some people refer to later helis such as the UH-60 Blackhawk as "Hueys". 

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/12/18 11:50 a.m.

To the PO, what's the likely hood of this coming to fruition, I can't wait for the build thread, starting with an epic 'getting it home' story.

I connected him to an aircraft salvage yard within a few hours of his home that had quite a selection to choose from. Time will tell if this gets any more traction...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8E8FTFgGHFgsBDSOurh0s1WqFMn1cW942Rpz3EwkxFYfMuIpODg6Alu8JPZIipS7