1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/25/20 5:28 p.m.

Bumping this thread because I brought the Orient Mako XL out today.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/25/20 5:57 p.m.

Wearing my Stauer Dashtronic today. It's a fashion watch and normally I can't stand fashion watches but this one matches the gauges in the 1930 Packard we have.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/26/20 8:19 p.m.

Holy sweet merciful crap!

My 10 year anniversary with the company is in August. My boss likes nice watches and so do I. 

This is my 10-year watch, I'm absolutely speechless right now:

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/26/20 8:28 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Very nice. I like the Monaco a lot. Congrats on the 10 years as well. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/26/20 8:33 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Dude!!!!! That's so awesome! Not only is it an amazing watch but you now have a fantastic story to go with it. 

Congrats on 10 years at your job man and congratulations on the watch! 

I thought my TAG F1 after 3 years selling for Mazda was pretty good. That's wayyyyy better! Plus you have a badass boss too! 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/26/20 8:53 p.m.

Thanks guys, I'm so stoked about this.

We were in Monterey for car week in 2016 and shopping at the retroauto show, I bought a Gulf livery wallet from GTO engineering and had mentioned that I wanted to buy a Monaco one day.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/26/20 9:08 p.m.
ShawnG said:

Holy sweet merciful crap!

My 10 year anniversary with the company is in August. My boss likes nice watches and so do I. 

This is my 10-year watch, I'm absolutely speechless right now:

That is amazing! Excellent!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/27/20 9:28 a.m.

not as fancy as a Monaco or some of the other stuff I can't pronounce, but this is the first watch I've worn in at least 20 years. Diesel On full guard 2.5 smart watch model dt2013. Does smart watch stuff. 48mm case, I'm convinced I could go bigger. Bought it because I needed something to monitor biometrics and this was the most gaudy way I could find. I've always liked the diesel industrial aesthetic anyhow, and was looking to buy a an SBA at some point. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/20 9:40 a.m.

I've put on a watch today for the first time in months, the Seiko I got for my anniversary from Jodi a few years ago.  I'm pulling out my ties next week. 

Love the seikos! 

If you're a watch nerd you should check out the story of Seiko vs. the Swiss in the chronometer trials of the 1960's. 

https://watchesbysjx.com/2013/06/explaining-seikos-legendary-history-in-swiss-chronometer-trials-with-live-pictures-of-its-landmark-astronomical-observatory-chronometer.html

I wear my father's Rolex, but I still want a Grand Seiko.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/28/20 8:46 a.m.

I need y'all help finding me this watch. 

Orient 'Golden Eye' - CDB05001B

It typically comes with a bracelet. 

ShawnG said:

Wearing my Stauer Dashtronic today. It's a fashion watch and normally I can't stand fashion watches but this one matches the gauges in the 1930 Packard we have.

I have one of these I wear with a suite or dress clothes. It's one of my favorites, but I don't wear it often. 

The0retical (Forum Supporter)
The0retical (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/28/20 10:08 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Hmm looks like there hasn't been any of those available for a while. I'd have at expected to see at least a couple on the used market, but nothing.

A Hamilton Jazzmaster Open-Heart would be close styling wise but not as large. They're readily available on the used market.

If you want the Orient specifically I'd set a couple of alerts on WatchRecon. That's how I pulled in my Halios BlueRing in the color combo I was looking for.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
7/28/20 5:14 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Orient_CDB05001B_Watch_p/cdb05001b.htm

Aw darn outta stock.

j_tso
j_tso Reader
10/23/20 9:18 a.m.

brought out the old and funky Seiko in time for Halloween.

Got it off ebay years ago, this is my first mechanical watch. It keeps time moderately well but unwinds in less than 8 hours. Though it was cheap I've already spent some more on another balance and replaced it myself. If I decide to get the tools I'll attempt a full DIY service on this one.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
10/23/20 12:27 p.m.

In reply to j_tso :

Love it.

Bulova re-released a similar looking Accutron in green a couple years ago. I was >< this close to buying it.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/23/20 4:07 p.m.

45mm Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. But I don't often wear it, since for all the health monitoring functions to actually work you have to wear it fairly tight on your wrist. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
10/23/20 4:51 p.m.

I picked up this 1970s Seiko recently. In the picture the size looks ok, in person I think it's too small. Also the band is a piece of crap. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
10/23/20 9:20 p.m.

For the past several years I'd been a fan of the Christopher Ward brand. I've bought a few. But recently I don't like the direction they're taking. I don't think Chris Ward is involved with the company any longer. Unfortunately, the company seems to have now gone all-in on dive watches. Nothing wrong with that if you're a diver, or wanna-be diver, but what about us vintage car racing enthusiasts who they used to cater to? Nothing. So I'm now looking at my first Omologato. Stay tuned. You'll be the first to know.

I still wear my 38mm Christopher Ward bronze C60 almost every day (because it needs to be wound every day). I like the aged bronze look and the blue canvas strap. But that might very well change.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
10/23/20 10:51 p.m.

Speaking of bronze watches. Been wearing my Ventus Mori all week: 

j_tso
j_tso Reader
10/24/20 7:05 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

I prefer the smaller size of older watches, so I'm glad now there's new stuff coming out in 40mm.

zhtckr
zhtckr New Reader
12/19/20 3:50 p.m.

In reply to j_tso :

I also like small watches, so Seiko 5 is my favorite.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/19/20 4:00 p.m.

Does that watch work while you canoe?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/20 4:04 p.m.

I have an Omologato Can-Am, it gets a lot of wear for when I want something a little interesting.

But I could resist no longer and picked up a proper icon this week. It will go well with my lab coat. It would go best with a black suit but I don't do suits unless they're fireproof. It is remarkably comfortable. They are constantly available so it's just a matter of waiting for the right one a little out of line with normal pricing. It should avoid any depreciation. And seriously, so cool.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/19/20 5:57 p.m.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i0llYkXB7tPdWTbg7dsKBohM0dFo2vrEV3VhKU1Z6QMU6PLRCoB7oknvX89iAWYj