mrwillie
mrwillie Reader
5/5/10 9:35 p.m.

Ok. I've been driving my wife 2001 Accord for the last few weeks, and this am when I tried to switch to the cd player the number flashed and I got an "err" message. I've read a bunch of horror stories online about alot of expense and aftermarket players and stuff. Don't really want to buy another unit right now. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try? I have one idea to try, but I need the code to the cd player. Does anyone know where I can find it? Its a 2001 Honda Accord that has the in-dash cd changer.

Thanks in advance....

Opus
Opus Dork
5/5/10 10:59 p.m.

Is this a cd changer in the trunk or in the dash?

If in the trunk, unplug the cable to it for a few minutes and plug it back in. This may be enough to reset the box and spit out the cartridge. If in the dash, pull both fuses (constant and switched) and put them back in for a few minutes. If this does not work, or you cannot find this setting, unplug the battery for a few minutes.

If you do change it, it can be done easily with an adapter and either an alpine or Pioneer changer depending on the radio in your car. Installed several back in the late 90s when I worked at Circuit City.

mrwillie
mrwillie Reader
5/6/10 10:56 p.m.

Thanks for the info. It's an in-dash player. I can hear the mechanism moving, but nothing ever comes out. My wife seems to think that a 10yr old car should have problems like this, so I may have the go ahead to spend money. I really hate to, though. Where do I find my code for the radio? Do i need that if I pull the fuse?

Thanks

digdug18
digdug18 Reader
5/7/10 8:42 a.m.

The code for your radio if your lucky will be in the owners manual on the first page, most people aren't this lucks. Otherwise honda puts the radio code on the top of the radio on a small piece of paper that is glued to the unit, you'll need to remove it to find it.

I vote for you to go aftermarket, it just easier all around. Get a walmart special for $50 and be done with it.

Andrew

Opus
Opus Dork
5/7/10 11:17 p.m.

Hardest part about removing the radio from a honda is the stupid 8mm head bolts that are in the back of the radio. Not the easiest to remove, but once you do the radio is liberated quickly. reinstall new radio using those locations is more difficult but can be done. Kit and harness are worth the money for ease of installation.

mrwillie
mrwillie Reader
5/7/10 11:26 p.m.

Ok. What would you look for in a OEM replacement?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nDCX8RD9VO59fhssUZ8Czvf1oew3IBKlv6tuZXfAGuQatChQ16HlWMKgWih9zU34