1 2
Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/12/11 6:34 a.m.

I am of the opinion that it is the funniest movie I have seen all year. Possibly the funniest thing since The Hangover (the first one).

definitely recommend this one!

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
7/12/11 7:07 a.m.

I saw it last night and laughed my ass off. There were some great cameos in it as well. I highly recommend it.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/12/11 9:05 a.m.

Plus 1. My wife and I went out to see it last Saturday and we both cried we laughed so hard. Go see it you will not be dissapointed.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/12/11 9:15 a.m.

Tim and Tommy went, also gave it two thumbs way up.

Margie

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/12/11 10:38 a.m.

I am afraid to go.. I might see one of my bosses there

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
7/12/11 11:16 a.m.

This is one of those rare movies that looks to be as good or better than the commercials you see on tv.

I may wind up going to see it, but in my lifetime I've more likely been my boss's nightmare rather than having a bad boss.

fasted58
fasted58 HalfDork
7/12/11 11:44 a.m.

and I was ready to rant about 30 yrs of bad bosses... but the movie sounds great

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/12/11 12:05 p.m.

yeah, it is probably the funniest I have seen lately besides Hangover 2 also. Charlie was great in that movie haha

although his boss I saw nothing wrong with that

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/12/11 1:18 p.m.

Everyone here at work went to see it on opening weekend. I wonder if that says anything about the guy we work for. (Here's a hint: it does...)

flountown
flountown Reader
7/12/11 1:56 p.m.

I love the drag racing Prius bit in the commercials, when he says, "I don't win often" I lose it, absolutely hilarious...

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/12/11 5:14 p.m.

Saw it, liked it.
Rather low-brow but funny. Pretty crude in a few places.
Seemed rather "formula written" in alignment with The Hangover.
I especially liked the "Aniston in the tub" sceen.
My one thought was that Ron White looked really old and really bad.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/12/11 5:44 p.m.
NickF40 wrote: yeah, it is probably the funniest I have seen lately besides Hangover 2 also. Charlie was great in that movie haha although his boss I saw nothing wrong with that

I had already decided to see this movie this evening and you had to go and post this. If it's in the same league as that award winning documentary called Hangover 2 then why waste my money?

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/12/11 6:31 p.m.

It was WAY better than Hangover 2. I have not laughed out loud this hard in years.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
7/12/11 8:07 p.m.

Cancelled our plans to see it on the basis of the posts by jrw1621 and NickF40. We're staying in and watching stuff we've got DVR'd.

If it's anything at all along the same humor types as Hangover II there's no reason to waste money.

This forum saves us money in many ways. Go GRM!

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/12/11 8:13 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Cancelled our plans to see it on the basis of the posts by jrw1621 and NickF40. We're staying in and watching stuff we've got DVR'd. If it's anything at all along the same humor types as Hangover II there's no reason to waste money. This forum saves us money in many ways. Go GRM!

nope. seriously funny.

there are some vulgar language scenes, and there is even a character named motherberkeleyer jones, but it is much more intelligent humor than Hangover II.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
7/12/11 8:30 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: but it is much more intelligent humor than Hangover II.

My guess is that the bathroom toothbrush is part of that more intelligent humor.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/12/11 10:02 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote:
Maroon92 wrote: but it is much more intelligent humor than Hangover II.
My guess is that the bathroom toothbrush is part of that more intelligent humor.

I didn't say it was intelligent. I said it was more intelligent than the Hangover II.

BIG difference.

Though the dustbuster full of cocaine made me almost pee myself.

BTW, there are days that I want to do that to MY boss' bathroom. pretty much any day that ends in "day".

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/13/11 1:15 a.m.

all I can think of is Dale's reaction to that part lol

my buddy is gonna make a sticker of motherberkeleyer jones

I also agree, Horrible Bosses>Hangover 2

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
7/13/11 10:20 a.m.

Comparing any movie to Hangover II is a bad idea. Hangover II is a (first ever?) example of badge engineering by Hollywood. You have to admit it though, they had a lot of balls releasing a sequel that was almost exactly the same movie as the first one... sort of a mad libs version if you will.

Shocking though, is the fact that they actually made a sequel to Planet of the Apes.... arghh

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
7/13/11 12:21 p.m.

I'd argue that badge engineering may predate the automotive variety.

sounds like a good flick to see, probably better than Mr Poppers Penguins, anyway.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/11 12:38 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Shocking though, is the fact that they actually made a sequel to Planet of the Apes.... arghh

I believe that it is a PREQUAL, so that makes it acceptable.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
7/13/11 2:06 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote:
aircooled wrote: Shocking though, is the fact that they actually made a sequel to Planet of the Apes.... arghh

But it has James Franco in it, so that makes it unacceptable.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
7/13/11 7:59 p.m.

I wana see rise of the planet of the apes. As far as Mr. Popper, the last thing I need is Jim Carry pissing all over another favorite childhood book.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
7/14/11 12:20 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote:

There was a sequel to the original POTA - "Beyond the Planet of the Apes".

It still featured humans sweating in fur-covered suits but, at least, it had a sweating babe in something like a fur-covered suit.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/14/11 6:33 a.m.

Fact - Nothing I've read in this thread makes me want to go see HB's.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eEHGQqM17RfzrQYifmftxdltRUMEPk8gKyh3vGatwKZRtaouNU7GuFvnPsJg8uwJ