NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
7/22/19 12:44 p.m.
RevRico said:
Knurled. said:
sleepyhead the buffalo said:
RevRico said:

I met her in a club down in old SoHo

Were you drinking champagne, and she cherry cola?

It was spelled "cola" with a C.  C-O-L-A Cola.

She said the strangest thing after we hooked up though. She said You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.

'cepting Alice

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
7/22/19 12:53 p.m.

During my lunch breaks at work I would go to the place where she worked and order a tuna sandwich with no crust.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/22/19 2:22 p.m.
Duke said:
Keith Tanner said:

Made for an interesting mental image.

Taken a week before she figured out how to install contact lenses.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/22/19 4:06 p.m.

Alone at a corner table, she was watching me watching her...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/22/19 4:44 p.m.

Met her outside the tasty freeze, she was wearing Bobby Brooks and let me do what I please. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/19 5:05 p.m.

Her name was Stacy.  She was in my Biology class.  As soon as I saw her, I knew she wasn’t like other girls.  And no, I don’t mean she had a penis.  Anyway, I knew I’d have to play my cards right.  

I never let on how much I liked her.

I always called the shots.

I acted like wherever we were, that was the place to be.

When ordering food, I’d find out what she wanted, then ordered for both of us (it’s a classy move).

When it came to making out, whenever possible, I’d put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

Her sexual aggressiveness gave me cold feet, so I hesitated to jump on right away.  As I’d find out later, my ticket scalper buddy tapped her bareback and got her pregnant.  He was supposed to pay half of the abortion cost and give her a ride to the free clinic, but he didn’t show.  Little prick.  Her big brother worked at All American Burger but he had the day off so he gave her a ride to the bowling alley across the street from the clinic.  He knew something was up, because she didn’t bowl, so he parked his land yacht and waited for her.  I heard about all this one day before gym class, and I was pissed.  I was gonna throw hands with my former buddy the scalper, but the gym teacher pulled us apart.  Anyway, I was heartbroken.  Pretty lonely.  My part-time job at the movie theatre just wasn’t doing it for me.  Later that semester, we’re on a Bio field trip and Stacy got sick and ran out of the cadaver lab.  Instinctively, I ran after her to make sure she was OK.  She finished throwing up, our eyes met, and at that point we knew getting back together was the right thing to do.  And this time, we took it slow.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/22/19 5:54 p.m.

I met her in a hotel lobby where she was reading a magazine.  She asked if I'd like to waste some time.  She took me to her house and then the lights went out. I woke up the next morning, but she wasn't there.  All I could find was a phone number on the stairs so I called her whenever I wanted to grind. 

ronholm
ronholm Dork
7/22/19 6:02 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

The pickup line?  

I couldn't help but notice you, noticing me, noticing you.  

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/22/19 6:44 p.m.

It started as most of these things do; I was a few beers in one night and surfing the internet when I saw her specs and photos. Before I knew it, I’d bought her sight unseen from a guy a state or two over and was anticipating our first face-to-face meeting. It was a little rocky as we got to know each other and started working the kinks out.

She might complain that I don’t ride her as often as I used to when the new love was burning bright, but even if the newness is gone, I know we will be together a long time. There will be others as a side thing (a dalliance here and there) but she will remain the apple of my eye.

This is what we are talking about...right?

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/22/19 7:29 p.m.
ronholm said:

In reply to Daylan C :

The pickup line?  

I couldn't help but notice you, noticing me, noticing you.  

I may or may not have been dropping song lyrics randomly in this thread.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/22/19 7:47 p.m.

I still remember it vividly.  She was in front of the jukebox, just sort of dancing there by herself, and then she dropped some more money in it and my favorite song started playing.  It was then that I knew, it wouldn't be long until she was with me.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/22/19 8:26 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Her friend had the better body!  

AngryCorvair
7/22/19 8:37 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

And no, nobody knocks anymore.

AngryCorvair
7/22/19 8:38 p.m.

I met her on the strip three years ago, in a Camaro with this dude from L. A.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/22/19 9:01 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Rather obsure.  More popular: 

Me and Mary we met in high school 
when she was just seventeen... 

Then I got Mary pregnant 
and man that was all she wrote 
And for my nineteenth birthday I got a union card and a wedding coat 
We went down to the courthouse 
and the judge put it all to rest 
No wedding day smiles no walk down the aisle 
No flowers no wedding dress 

That night we went down to the river...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/22/19 9:20 p.m.
ShawnG said:

We shared a plate of spaghetti in an alley behind an Italian restaurant.

My mom’s favorite movie.  

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/22/19 9:56 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
ShawnG said:

We shared a plate of spaghetti in an alley behind an Italian restaurant.

My mom’s favorite movie.  

Someday I need to tell y'all about the time me and this sexxy intern were untangling a fifty gallon drum full of extension cords.

AngryCorvair
7/22/19 10:54 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Totally unrelated to thread topic but last Sunday I drove my daughter, now 17, to her last year of summer camp.  She was feeling nostalgic / melancholic, so I played her *all* the angsty old Boss.  She loved it, and we had a nice talk about finding direction etc.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/22/19 11:50 p.m.

The first time I ever felt the earth shake was in Miami...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/23/19 12:51 a.m.

Walked into a criminal justice classroom in college. My first year. I was wearing a Batman shirt and she was wearing a Batgirl shirt. I said, "nice shirt". Will be married 8 years now, together 14, but that's time served, right?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
7/23/19 12:53 a.m.

But really, this thread needs moar Amy.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/23/19 12:58 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo :

I had hoped my last reference wasn't too obscure for this crowd but apparently it was.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/19 12:00 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to N Sperlo :

I had hoped my last reference wasn't too obscure for this crowd but apparently it was.

Googled it.  Well played, sir!

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/19/20 6:52 p.m.

One of my favorite stories.

We were both Navy Corpsman (medics), I worked in the operating room (we also assisted on the non-cesarian births, i.e. the 'normal' path) and she was a lab technician assigned temporarily to our clinic from San Diego (we were in 29 Palms for those that know the region).

I had the duty on Thanksgiving, I was single and the other three techs that worked for me had family. I brought a cord blood down to the lab for testing (we did arterial blood gases on all births), I handed her the tube and paperwork with my mask still on, and thought "she's cute, when did she get here?"

Later I brought the placenta down (the lab had the incinerator) for disposal, I had my mask off at this point, and she said..."oh, you looked better with your mask on". I had a rather large, bushy mustache at that time (think Magnum PI) and she hates facial hair.

A buddy brought me a turkey plate that evening, I asked if she wanted to share...married 6 months later...29 years ago last Thanksgiving.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6rQOFKHp4nTPNm9qdFjlHB1bqIPQO046jpMGT1pHFljdRcBNoAbsx5135CBbT9eK