1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/18 10:43 a.m.
Cooter said:

If the car has another driver, and/or is used for cross country trips, then I can see the mileage as legit.  She lives in Kansas, which is pretty darn flat, and with lots of open roads.  That sort of mileage is about right for the people I know who drive pilot cars.  I wonder if that is a large part of her "delivery" work.

That pic would be very confusing out of context laugh

Torkel
Torkel New Reader
12/20/18 12:07 p.m.

I think you guys are all focusing on the wrong thing here. "Woman puts a E36 M3-load of miles on Hyundai - She is relying on the car to do her job. Hyundai recognizes gives her a new car. " Cool story, nice gesture from Hyundai, good press.

So what if the car has actually only ran 900Kmiles? "One million" sounds better in the press release.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
12/20/18 12:23 p.m.

I second the vote for some sort of medical supply delivery driver.  I looked into a gig once doing that and it involved well over 300 miles a day in Kentucky, I can see a state like Kansas easily having routes of over 500 miles.  I'd hope she gets reimbursed for the mileage but geeze that much time behind the wheel would get old after about one day.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
12/20/18 12:31 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

No thanks. I don't want a Hyundai for free. 

Yea, it's not like they last 1 million miles or anything...

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/20/18 12:34 p.m.
edizzle89 said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Doesn't matter if it lasts 10M miles. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a Hyundai for that amount of miles. YMMV.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/20/18 1:08 p.m.

Im driving 180 mils round trip for a short term job and let me assure you...its enough.

I dont think you could pay me enough to drive that much

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/20/18 1:18 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

I second the vote for some sort of medical supply delivery driver.  I looked into a gig once doing that and it involved well over 300 miles a day in Kentucky, I can see a state like Kansas easily having routes of over 500 miles.  I'd hope she gets reimbursed for the mileage but geeze that much time behind the wheel would get old after about one day.

Sure could get through a lot of Podcasts and Audiobooks that way.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/20/18 1:21 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
edizzle89 said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Doesn't matter if it lasts 10M miles. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a Hyundai for that amount of miles. YMMV.

What is it they say about fixing something? Considering I've put my money where my mouth is repeatedly I'd sure as hell take one. 

Kramer
Kramer Dork
12/20/18 2:41 p.m.

I once knew an auto parts delivery guy who had over 700k on his van.  He previously drove a route for AC Delco (in his Ford) and that's where most of those miles were accumulated.  He wanted to keep it until 1,000,000.  It was less than 10 years old at the time, and he was down to about 80k a year.  Lots of windshield time.  No thanks.   

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RbWSG7q5Q8FlNvm6BI7o1mEnjiIoC3cN4q9cpeTmg9iiI1WtLtlaalJawQ7mSEUe