dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/16/20 7:10 a.m.

From what I can find, it seems like the only US option is to pay for the Motortrend TV app? Any other options??

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/16/20 12:04 p.m.

Should be able to get a free trial.  There is also a subreddit that will have other "options" for watching.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/16/20 12:56 p.m.

The Motortrend channel (?) appears to be available in YouTube TV.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/16/20 5:42 p.m.

It will be on the Motor Trend channel on cable TV.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
9/16/20 7:19 p.m.

I saw this link:

https://24h-united.com/en/home/

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/17/20 11:17 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

I believe the commercials they are running say (or at least imply) it's only available on the app / website (with a subscription).

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/17/20 11:55 a.m.
aircooled said:
stuart in mn said:

I believe the commercials they are running say (or at least imply) it's only available on the app / website (with a subscription).

That's my impression as well, which prompted my original question. My concern is that, while I have the channel via my TV provider, the race is premium content not otherwise available. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/20 12:12 p.m.

I have watched a few Le Mans races via the app. It's about $10 to get the race live feed plus all the timing and data. Given the amount of entertainment I get out of this race, I'm cool with that.

The app just told me to check out https://24h-united.com/, and there are some video links there.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/17/20 12:24 p.m.

Per my Hulu guide, It's on the Motor Trend channel as well. It looks like the app is just another way to get to it. 

Aaron_King
9/17/20 12:26 p.m.

The MTOD app on my Roku has listings for the race and some of the practices, but in the past I have had to watch it via their website on a computer.  

Keith Tanner
9/17/20 1:01 p.m.
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) said:

Per my Hulu guide, It's on the Motor Trend channel as well. It looks like the app is just another way to get to it. 

The app will also get you all sorts of timing data and some extra streams.

I fell for the "it's on Motor Trend, sign up for a free trial!" thing a few years ago. They showed everything but the race and then they had my email address...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/17/20 5:27 p.m.
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) said:
aircooled said:
stuart in mn said:

That's my impression as well, which prompted my original question. My concern is that, while I have the channel via my TV provider, the race is premium content not otherwise available. 

I checked listings on the Motor Trend TV website, and also checked listings for my cable TV provider - it will be on cable.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/19/20 7:34 a.m.

The race is on TV, I'm watching it now.  

It's hard to tell the LMP cars apart, other than color they all look pretty much identical to me...

Aaron_King
9/19/20 8:04 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

All the LMP cars except for the Toyota's are a spec car. I think there are only 2 different manufacturers on the grid. 

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/20 8:48 a.m.

I can't find any way to watch it on Prime via the Motor Trend channel I pay for. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/19/20 9:35 a.m.

I am seeing it on cable also.  Looks like continuous coverage.  I am sure you get a lot more on the app, but it is there.  

The add clearly stated it's only available on the app.... 

Keith Tanner
9/19/20 11:02 a.m.

Live onboard from Alpine. 

Aaron_King
9/19/20 11:12 a.m.

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

You will have to probably use the MTOD website. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9ndBH4iNuS6lwPOFfAu9FXfhyk8KtZ1V3X72XyEuQZWDeLS5quHciKY0wcAcA4Hc