1 2
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/08 9:27 a.m.

Thread from 2008:

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/05/chicks-dig-my-t.html On one hand I'm shocked that women aren't into loud obnoxious annoying unintelligent SUV-driving doofuses (doofi?), but on the other hand when you consider that most women like bubble-car/jellybean styling (women usually like "cute" cars while guys like "aggressive" cars), and hybrids are usually quite expensive (think of it as driving an expensive watch), it starts to make sense. Hmm the Smart Fortwo keeps looking better and better Oh some interesting opinions on this earth-shattering news:

I think that several studies on gender communication have revealed that typically women will not respond accurately about what is attractive to them in surveys.
My statistics are very very rusty, but doesn't this study really just says that women would rather say they're more interested in a guy who drives a hybrid than say they're more interested in a guy who drives a porsche?

Shrouded in mystery again, as usual...

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/23/08 9:46 a.m.

meanwhile...

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
5/23/08 10:12 a.m.

Gamby, your picture is missing.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/23/08 10:35 a.m.
mistanfo wrote: Gamby, your picture is missing.

I'm looking at it right now... :?::?::?:

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/23/08 10:45 a.m.

Works now but didn't work for a few minutes after you posted it, for some reason.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/23/08 10:46 a.m.

Perhaps it was too disgusting even for the intArw3b. :grin:

GameboyRMH
5/23/08 11:13 a.m.

Very true though. The biggest SUVs are usually driven by petite women, and they really are always on the cell phone. I wish they could use two hands when directing 3-5000lbs. of steel that in some cases, was actually engineered (and in some cases also modified) to inflict more damage to things it runs into.

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
5/23/08 11:39 a.m.

They're not always on their cell phones. Frequently they need that hand free to touch up their makeup. But I guess that's what hands-free sets are for.

minimac
minimac Dork
5/23/08 4:40 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Very true though. The biggest SUVs are usually driven by petite women,...

Classic case of overcompensating for small (fill in the blank)

Lesley
Lesley New Reader
5/23/08 4:50 p.m.

"doesn't this study really just says that women would rather say they're more interested in a guy who drives a hybrid than say they're more interested in a guy who drives a porsche?"

That's great, they can have the hybrid-driving nerds – I'll take the Porsche guys.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/08 4:54 p.m.

What about Audi drivers? ;)

Lesley
Lesley New Reader
5/23/08 5:18 p.m.

Yah, if I can drive :) I still haven't gotten over my week spent with the R8.

neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/23/08 9:57 p.m.

neons are cute...

Osterkraut
Osterkraut New Reader
5/23/08 10:08 p.m.

Let's not forget the kind of woman hybrids attract....

MitchellC
MitchellC New Reader
5/23/08 10:42 p.m.

"You know babe, my empty wallet leads to better mileage, and fewer cute baby seals dying from oil spills"

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
5/23/08 10:43 p.m.

My personal research says that women would rather be ignored by a Porsche or Hyrbid driver than associate with someone who races a 15 year old economy car.

JoeyM
JoeyM New Reader
5/23/08 11:22 p.m.
My personal research says that women would rather be ignored by a Porsche or Hybrid driver than associate with someone who races a 15 year old economy car.

I understand completely. for some reason, women just don't seem to be into my geo with azenis.....:grin:

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/24/08 1:58 a.m.

I used to pick up dozens of women with my hybrid.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/24/08 7:31 a.m.
Wally wrote: I used to pick up dozens of women with my hybrid.

too easy...

too old...

but.

Wally is like the town bus. Everyone gets a ride.

There I said it.

GameboyRMH
5/26/08 2:40 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote: My personal research says that women would rather be ignored by a Porsche or Hyrbid driver than associate with someone who races a 15 year old economy car.

We need to get Porsche badges and stick them on red Fieros, or stick Ferrari badges on red SW20 MR2s :grin:

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/26/08 2:48 p.m.

There's nothing new under the sun.

'If you drive a chrome coated red convertible, you aren't comfortable with yourself and are not likely to be a good lover.' That's an actual line from that book.

It don't say nothin' about people who drive restored LBC's or LBC's with rotaries.. :twisted:

neon4891
neon4891 Reader
5/26/08 7:09 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote: My personal research says that women would rather be ignored by a Porsche or Hyrbid driver than associate with someone who races a 15 year old economy car.

where does racing a 10 year old econo box stand?

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/27/08 2:52 p.m.

Women seem to like my roadster. So do police. But it might just be the driver. :grin:

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/18 4:02 p.m.

Hummmmm.  Makes the S400 Hybrid I have been looking at for a while now an even more interesting idea.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/29/18 12:14 a.m.

This thread is a time machine.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tlBEXziwd0qbDpOFRMmcxnMnNnRw9nIWD6orCGw48lYf1Jb71QBJ9KraDS0lV90V