1 2
BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Reader
9/30/11 9:07 a.m.

Kevin Nash was also the big russian in the Punisher movie with Tom Jane.

I've heard there's a fourth Evil Dead in the works.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
9/30/11 11:07 a.m.

The first American production car with four-wheel disk brakes was the Crosley (1949).

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
9/30/11 11:17 a.m.

Not car related but,

Your eyes are the same size when you are born as they are when you are an adult.

You cannot sneeze with your eyes open.

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
9/30/11 11:35 a.m.
porksboy wrote: Not car related but, Your eyes are the same size when you are born as they are when you are an adult. You cannot sneeze with your eyes open.

Both false.

Myth: The eye is full size at birth.

Fact: The eye is NOT full size at birth but continues to grow with your child. This growth partially accounts for refractive (glasses) changes that occur during childhood.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
9/30/11 11:40 a.m.
porksboy wrote: Not car related but, Your eyes are the same size when you are born as they are when you are an adult. You cannot sneeze with your eyes open.

Wrong.

Ted M. Montgomery, Optometric Physician said: The average newborn’s eyeball is about 18 millimeters in diameter, from front to back (axial length). In an infant, the eye grows slightly to a length of approximately 19½ millimeters. The eye continues to grow, gradually, to a length of about 24-25 millimeters, or about 1 inch, in adulthood. A ping-pong ball is about 1½ inch in diameter, which makes the average adult eyeball about 2/3 the size of a ping-pong ball. The eyeball is set in a protective cone-shaped cavity in the skull called the “orbit” or “socket.” This bony orbit also enlarges as the eye grows.

The sneeze thing is also not true. Here's a bunch of debunked sneeze myths: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/sneeze.asp

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
9/30/11 11:41 a.m.

Damn, tuna beat me to it.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
9/30/11 11:59 a.m.

What we know as the banana is actually a specific variety (Cavendish) and they are ALL genetically identical. In your children/grandchildrens lifetime, bananas as we know them can disappear for good. Being genetically identical means if theres a disease or fungus that is resistant to fungicides attacks it, the species is pretty much doomed. There are 2 "incurable" afflictions already attacking plaintations in Asia.

It has already happened once, your parents/grandparents banana was the Gros Michel, was tastier and no more because a similar thing happened. Then again, agricultural regulations and practices were different back then...

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
9/30/11 12:27 p.m.

E36 M3.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/30/11 1:12 p.m.

Fact: Tuna will beat you to it.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/30/11 1:16 p.m.

Over 2500 left handed people die each year from using a product intended to be used by right handed people.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/11 1:31 p.m.

Like scissors?

Hocrest
Hocrest HalfDork
9/30/11 1:33 p.m.

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
9/30/11 1:38 p.m.

There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
9/30/11 1:47 p.m.
porksboy wrote: There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.

Tralse. There may be some with 336, I don't know. I've only counted four--1 brand, 2 models, 2 generations.

The most popular golf balls among good golfers--the Titleist PRO V1 and PRO V1x --used to be called the PRO V1 392 and PRO V1x 332. They had 392 and 332 dimples respectively. Nowadays they have, IIRC, 352 and 328 respectively.

I think that my friend counted 332 on the NXT as well.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/30/11 1:47 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Over 2500 left handed people die each year from using a product intended to be used by right handed people.

Then they ought to become right handed instead of wrong handed.

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
9/30/11 1:51 p.m.

70% of statistics are made up.

Josh
Josh Dork
9/30/11 1:53 p.m.

There are as many dimples on a golf ball as the manufacturer wants. There is no standard, although most have between 300 and 500, and if you see a number in that range in the trade name of a ball, that typically indicates how many dimples it has.

Edit: That'll teach me to read another tab before hitting post :) 

jlm_photo
jlm_photo Reader
9/30/11 4:28 p.m.

5 out of 4 people are bad at math...

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
9/30/11 4:47 p.m.
carguy123 wrote:
stuart in mn wrote:
carguy123 wrote: (measured by staff)
Worst. Job. Ever.
I hadn't thought of that. Someone had to measure. BUT to ensure accurate measurements I'm sure they had a young nubile blonde do the measuring.

Wait, with those measurements I was sure they were talking flacid.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
10/1/11 7:20 a.m.

Felix Wankel never had a driving licence.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Reader
10/1/11 4:47 p.m.

In reply to Jay:

Now that, to me, is astonishing.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/11 8:14 p.m.

Fact: Felix Wankel was probably teased mercilessly in Jr. High.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Dork
10/2/11 10:35 a.m.

The spring in these pens can be used in several machine guns used by the Military.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
10/2/11 1:27 p.m.

something that makes that much sense would never be allowed this day-n-age

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
10/3/11 2:42 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Wait, with those measurements I was sure they were talking flacid.

That makes no sense... I can't tell if you are trying to say in a roundabout way that you win the penis measuring contest, or that you are serious about your statement.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G7JQmpBcNAqCnSui4cLsnhpigOBF0YZqwjLoJaudyILaxCVZxgx89vUhuNLFrBA0