Mike Dork
Dec. 15, 2015 5:53 p.m.

2009 Porsche 911 CARRERA 6-SPEED TARTAN INTERIOR

It has Fuchs and tartan, and has me considering doing bad things to my financial state. I didn't know you could order a 911 this way. Dang.

Woody MegaDork
Dec. 15, 2015 5:58 p.m.

Yes please.

oldtin UberDork
Dec. 15, 2015 6:32 p.m.

Ooh, pretty.

Appleseed MegaDork
Dec. 15, 2015 6:45 p.m.

Fuchs without dish make me sad.

Cotton UberDork
Dec. 15, 2015 6:48 p.m.

I didn't know they brought tartan back either. That's awesome.

Gearheadotaku PowerDork
Dec. 15, 2015 7:48 p.m.

The Fuchs are a pricey option / accessory. They look good with the Carrera stripe in that color. I've never seen the Tartan either, gonna have to ask some questions at work tomarrow. Porsche will 'special wish' damn near anything you want...for a price.

Mike Dork
Dec. 15, 2015 8:08 p.m.

I'd be curious to see it all with a classic white exterior and a little lip spoiler, but I'm not complaining.

mad_machine MegaDork
Dec. 15, 2015 8:16 p.m.

classic white with a little lip spoiler.. and red tarten

dyintorace UberDork
Dec. 15, 2015 8:28 p.m.

Wow. Gorgeous! Love the Fuchs.

Dec. 15, 2015 9:05 p.m.

Of course, they're still making the same damned car :)

Seriously though, Porsche and Disney are trading being on top of mining their heritage to sell stuff to their customers.

wearymicrobe UltraDork
Dec. 15, 2015 11:03 p.m.

They did that with one of the special editions with the ducktail for like 300K a pop. That has to be aftermarket tartan.

Mike Dork
Dec. 15, 2015 11:48 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: They did that with one of the special editions with the ducktail for like 300K a pop. That has to be aftermarket tartan.

I'd thought the same thing, and it's certainly very possible, but this made me think it was more likely than not factory:

chandlerGTi UltraDork
Dec. 16, 2015 6:48 a.m.

I opened this expecting a tartan wrapped car. I am disappoint.

Ok, now that I'm over that the car is secksy!

ultraclyde UltraDork
Dec. 16, 2015 7:09 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Fuchs without dish make me sad.

Yeah. They're a Fuch-in waste without dish.

But that Tartan.....

mad_machine MegaDork
Dec. 16, 2015 7:46 a.m.
Stefan (Not Bruce) wrote: Of course, they're still making the same damned car :) Seriously though, Porsche and Disney are trading being on top of mining their heritage to sell stuff to their customers.

it's no more the same damn car than the Mustang is the damn car

Ojala HalfDork
Dec. 16, 2015 8:13 a.m.

Crap...

This car is close. I mean whats $56k? Its not like you can take money with you when you go.

MadScientistMatt UberDork
Dec. 16, 2015 9:19 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Porsche will 'special wish' damn near anything you want...for a price.

Yeah, I'd imagine for the right price, you could have bought a 997 with a tie-died or paisley interior.

WilD HalfDork
Dec. 16, 2015 10:05 a.m.

It's nice, but it would be better in a bolder color. I think a tartan with a broad red stripe would look amazing in a silver car.

gearheadmb HalfDork
Dec. 16, 2015 10:40 a.m.

Meh

Rusnak_322 Dork
Dec. 17, 2015 2:47 p.m.

Sweet purse.

Mike wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote: They did that with one of the special editions with the ducktail for like 300K a pop. That has to be aftermarket tartan.

I'd thought the same thing, and it's certainly very possible, but this made me think it was more likely than not factory:

Gearheadotaku PowerDork
Dec. 17, 2015 3:42 p.m.

Did dome digging today, looks like a custom job afterall.

Classic 9 leather shop looks to make stuff like this.

http://www.classicnineleathershop.com/GalleryONE/911%20Porsche%20Interior%20Classic%20Nine%20Leather%2015.jpg.html

Mike Dork
Dec. 17, 2015 7:01 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Did dome digging today, looks like a custom job afterall. Classic 9 leather shop looks to make stuff like this. http://www.classicnineleathershop.com/GalleryONE/911%20Porsche%20Interior%20Classic%20Nine%20Leather%2015.jpg.html

Well shoot. That's pretty convincing.

I may have to fix up a future Porsche similarly.

mad_machine MegaDork
Dec. 17, 2015 9:53 p.m.

why would you get tartan and not get it a decent colour? It seems to be an issue with all cars anymore, everything is either Gray or Black inside.. with a few beige interiors thrown in for good measure. What happened to the bold interior colours of yesteryear?

Toebra Reader
Dec. 17, 2015 11:11 p.m.

When I do the seats in my 914, I want to go with tartan or houndstooth

Cotton UberDork
Dec. 17, 2015 11:11 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: why would you get tartan and not get it a decent colour? It seems to be an issue with all cars anymore, everything is either Gray or Black inside.. with a few beige interiors thrown in for good measure. What happened to the bold interior colours of yesteryear?

There were several tartan color combos back in the day. Some bold and others pretty mild. Still cool though.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

8 hours ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

18 hours ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

19 hours ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

20 hours ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

1 day ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

1 day ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

You Need This: A Quite Eye-Catching Green Over Red Ferrari

1 day ago in News

Not your usual Ferrari color combo.

Your Projects: JDM Autozam AZ-1 Kei Car

1 day ago in News

What are the realities of importing a JDM kei car to the U.S.?

Bid on a New Helmet and Save Some Puppies and Kittens!

2 days ago in News

Four helmets will be auctioned off.

Tonight on Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Lee Grimes of Koni Shocks

2 days ago in News

This may shock you, but suspension is arguably the most important part of going fast.

Classic Motorsports Monterey Welcome Party Welcomes 2000-Plus Gearheads

2 days ago in Articles

Last night we threw a party, and more than 2000 people came to celebrate.

You Need This: E46-Chassis BMW M3 for $6000!?

3 days ago in News

Could this M3 donate its heart to your next project?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
kfFJHSxolkUpFFEDE6JtOUo9fR2kvEDb