1 2
patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/23/17 3:51 p.m.

It's inside the wall.

photo 4BA5135D-C39E-42DF-8C46-928D6EEBCFE1_zpsynmqoplr.jpg

Apparently my assistant left it there when we put up the last piece of drywall, he was using it to shoot screws. Now I have to cut a drill sized hole in the wall by my bed and patch it up

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 4:04 p.m.

Orrr you can leave it and have Fox News come do a "Al Capones" Ohio vaults and they can pay you to fix it!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 4:42 p.m.

Well... do you value an intact, unpatched wall more than you value a drill?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 4:52 p.m.

I'm so sorry...not because of the drill, but for laughing, out loud, for quite a bit of time.

patgizz
3/23/17 4:53 p.m.
Knurled wrote: Well... do you value an intact, unpatched wall more than you value a drill?

It's a bosch 18v brushless 1/2" drill with a lithium ion battery, i value the drill much more than the wall

WilD
WilD HalfDork
3/23/17 4:54 p.m.

I get irritated when I can't find something, but I've never gotten to the point of looking inside my walls.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 5:32 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Knurled wrote: Well... do you value an intact, unpatched wall more than you value a drill?
It's a bosch 18v brushless 1/2" drill with a lithium ion battery, i value the drill much more than the wall

berkeley the wall.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 6:59 p.m.

Build a new wall. Build it big and beautiful and have Mexico pay for it.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
3/23/17 7:04 p.m.

How much more than the drill is that fiber optic(?) camera worth? :P I'm just asking.

Knurled
3/23/17 7:05 p.m.
patgizz wrote:

I think that drill is worth more than my car.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
3/23/17 7:23 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

If I said that line we could be talking about something from Harbor Freight.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
3/23/17 7:23 p.m.

Make sure your assistant isn't around when you do any internal engine work or DIY surgery.

Might it be better to cut the other side of the wall?

patgizz
3/23/17 7:24 p.m.
Jay wrote: How much more than the drill is that fiber optic(?) camera worth? :P I'm just asking.

Normally I'd pull the "I make my living with my tools" comment here and go n/a with the price but it's a ridgid brand camera and $79 at home derpity depot. Also, tax write off for looking in walls also lets me look in cylinders and rocker panels and stuff when it's not in the tool trailer

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 7:40 p.m.

How did he get the screws in that last sheet of drywall?

patgizz
3/23/17 7:43 p.m.

I did, he held it up

Other side is the new playroom bookshelves, otherwise i would.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 7:50 p.m.
QuasiMofo wrote: Orrr you can leave it and have Fox News come do a "Al Capones" Ohio vaults and they can pay you to fix it!

I sat through that piece of crap. I wish that skinhead kid could have hit him with a chair a few more times.

Knurled
3/23/17 8:31 p.m.

The house I grew up in was officially built in 1900. My grandfather found a 1899 penny under the main stairs while doing some remodeling in the 1970s.

Just imagine, 70 years from now, someone doing some demo work and they say "huh, there's a drill shaped spot in the wall where the drywall had been patched"

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/17 9:04 p.m.

How did you think to look in the wall?

patgizz
3/23/17 10:18 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: How did you think to look in the wall?

Because I hadn't seen it since the day we hung the drywall and there were 2 bays that were an old window so there was a horizontal 2x4 that he probably would have sat it on, right by where he was working. I waited until we had the living room cleaned out and the contents of the room back in it to look in the wall.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
3/24/17 5:56 a.m.

Of course you did: that's the mark of a real professional.

Also, you now have Lifetime Grand Master points in the eternal discussion about how things are always in the last place you look.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
3/24/17 7:53 a.m.

During the second repair on my dryer, I found my pliers which I left inside and forgot about.

The drill might just be funnier.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
3/24/17 8:18 a.m.

My grandpa found a pair of pliers sitting on the edge of the chimney decades after my dad put up an FM 'aerial' when he was a kid.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/24/17 8:39 a.m.

I LOL'd.

I showed this thread to my Japanese friend and he ROR'd.

trucke
trucke Dork
3/24/17 9:18 a.m.

This is what hit my brain when I read the thread title.

Now where exactly did you find your drill?

patgizz
3/24/17 9:37 a.m.

Hi

photo FCE91EE6-00F2-4E62-9294-94C0A4D75895_zps6pez51hc.jpg

Reunited and it feels so good

photo D205E842-FF39-4773-9141-6426A4E04CE8_zpscrnuzg9p.jpg

Now, i might make a little shelf insert instead of patching, would be perfect for my phone and Tablet while charging since i have usb in the wall directly below. Hmm. Hole is smaller than iPhone 6+. Took battery and bit out to turn drill through hole

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dS21sJks2QFzDsqzm3Iyfg47mlu7w8NQSuKolFKmdxiF6SL3uJwuk612p8FGZ3gc