DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/17/08 5:40 p.m.

I got a job offer yesterday, had the drug test today (didn't even study for it!) Naturally I accepted it. It's the job I interviewed for a month ago. It's not a stop-gap job so thank god I can stop looking! I'm so glad. Thank you all very much for all the support and help you offered. When the offer was given to me I tried to get a mansion as a perk but alas, only a Mercury Sable............

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
9/17/08 5:44 p.m.

Congrats on the new job, sucks on the mansion

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
9/17/08 5:48 p.m.

Well done. Hang in there!

Type Q
Type Q Reader
9/17/08 5:50 p.m.

I am glad to hear it. You didn't sound like you were wanting to leave anyway.

I suggest that you keep your resume up to date and keep expanding your social and professional networks. No job lasts forever these days.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/17/08 5:58 p.m.

Congratulations!

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
9/17/08 6:27 p.m.

Congrats on the job, sorry to hear about the Sable...

carzan
carzan New Reader
9/17/08 7:46 p.m.

Awesome! Congratulations! So you get to keep everything including the Mini?

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/17/08 8:24 p.m.

Yeah, I think so. I was planning on selling the mini in the springtime anyway. I have 3 kids and you just can't get 3 car seats in the back of a mini

RXBeetle
RXBeetle New Reader
9/17/08 8:38 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Yeah, I think so. I was planning on selling the mini in the springtime anyway. I have 3 kids and you just can't get 3 car seats in the back of a mini

Roof rack?

Congrats by the way!

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
9/17/08 9:37 p.m.

awesome! what industry are you in?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/17/08 9:41 p.m.

No fair...I want a Sable.

And how dare you think about doing what is best for your family. Shame on you. :wink:

Seriously though, that is great news. As Type Q suggested, treat this opportunity for what it is and nothing more. Make it a priority to get to know folks, network, join professional organizations, etc. Then the next time won't be as scary.

Datsun, classic pwnage BTW.

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/18/08 12:59 a.m.

Congratulations, I can't even fathom the times you've been through over the last months.

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/18/08 7:02 a.m.

Thanks all! Yeah MitchellC, there have been some hellish times over the last 2 years but I really do believe "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger." The other night my wife said "if it's gonna be funny later - why not laugh now?" I try to keep that in mind too.

Pete, it's in the Robotics industry. The company is Kawasaki Robotics, they make robots for auto manufacturing mainly but also for many other industries. I do like the idea of getting out of the auto industry.

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
9/18/08 7:25 a.m.

Congratulations!

Does this mean you get Berkleyed out of that wonderful "severance package" that caused so much grief in the first place?

WilD
WilD Reader
9/18/08 8:44 a.m.

Congrats on the new job! Don't you feel a little silly about all the doom and gloom talk now?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/18/08 9:18 a.m.

Congrats!

(Are the robots green?)

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/18/08 9:29 a.m.

That's good news. Congrats to you and your family. Margie

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
9/18/08 11:53 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: Congrats! (Are the robots green?)

No, and they aren't terribly fast either?????

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
9/18/08 12:15 p.m.

But I bet they are Ninja-Cool.

Congrats!

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
9/18/08 2:18 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Pete, it's in the Robotics industry. I do like the idea of getting out of the auto industry.

When the auto industry is good? everything is great!!! If not? ooooowwwwww

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zu358YTjR99tshlZbmYcB51gYAfNPq6epLP28PNmoG7iCSRJOsR2b2V0plhDNmIm