1 2
carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
10/9/08 9:33 p.m.

I can't watch regular tv. I have to pause the show for long enough for me to be able to skip the commercials. Things are so much more enjoyable that way.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/08 10:36 p.m.

BitTorrent FTW. We can watch whenever, wherever. Plus this way my TV gets the current season of Top Gear as well as Corner Gas and WRC :grin We'll usually buy the DVDs of shows we really like at the end of the season. It also removes the temptation to just sag out on the couch and rot your brain with "reality" TV pap.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Reader
10/10/08 12:24 p.m.

Back in my Jr year of college I ditched cable. I was thinking that without wasting all that time watching TV I would have more time to study and or do other things that interested me.

Well instead I found that all that time I freed up I wasted on the Internet instead... I have to say though I don't miss cable. Between netflix, hulu, and youtube I really have all the video watching I need.

Besides the idea of paying $50 to $100 a month for something that is 20% advertiments irritates me.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
10/12/08 12:55 p.m.

I've got DVR, Cable, Phone and internet for $100 a month. I only keep cable for the kids shows.
I have the much loved comcast for my service, I had RCN but they weren't good

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mk4A38JxVXDgIWgyp0ewUZAL5ZljX69UoG5VwCQIofvKHf8TVLOTzr2btFQslkiA