1 2 3
frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 10:11 a.m.

Pantry and guest bathroom 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 10:12 a.m.

Guest bathroom  with old fashion pull chain toilet. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 10:26 a.m.

Looking towards the lake to the dinning room 

In reply to frenchyd :

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
11/10/18 10:47 a.m.

Beautiful home Frenchy!

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson New Reader
11/10/18 11:11 a.m.

Frenchy, I know you from another board from years ago.  It's nice to see the house you always talked about on that old discussion site.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 11:36 a.m.
NermalSnert said:

Very, very nice! Love the way it's "of the land".

Nearly everything this house was made from came from within 200 miles. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 11:37 a.m.
ThurdFerguson said:

Frenchy, I know you from another board from years ago.  It's nice to see the house you always talked about on that old discussion site.

Thank you 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/10/18 2:47 p.m.

All done by yourself!?!?!?!?!!!!!

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 3:32 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Mostly by myself. When another pair of hands was required I hired non-skilled/non- trained people to help me. For example when I put roof rafters in place I needed someone up on the top plate to guide the timber in place  while I operated the forklift.  Same with panels,  Timbers, etc. 

I hired a math teacher, a minister, a theater lighting director, a Janitor and a drunk.  Each one came with absolutely no prior experience. I just explained what I wanted and made sure they felt comfortable and confident they could do it.  

They really surprised me with the work ethic they brought and the results they achieved.  Thinking back nothing I asked them to do did they fail to do and they did everything to my total satisfaction.  

Curtis
Curtis GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/10/18 3:37 p.m.

Impressive.  Your dining room is bigger than my house.  Your guest bathroom is bigger than my kitchen :)

NermalSnert
NermalSnert Reader
11/10/18 4:07 p.m.

What you've done is soul food. I know you are proud of it. "I hired a math teacher, a minister, a theater lighting director, a Janitor and a drunk." ....Cracked me up!

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 4:14 p.m.

Master bedroom photo 1

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 4:15 p.m.

Master bedroom photo #2 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 4:18 p.m.

Master bedroom #3

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 4:19 p.m.

Kitchen #1

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/10/18 4:20 p.m.

Frenchy, I'm glad you're finally figuring out this posting photo deal.  wink  How many years ago was it I came out to your place and helped you put up photos on the Fine Homebuilding board?  

Since this is a motorsports board, you should put up a few of your garage with all those Jaguar engines piled up like cordwood.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 4:23 p.m.

Kitchen #2 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/10/18 4:41 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Frenchy, I'm glad you're finally figuring out this posting photo deal.  wink  How many years ago was it I came out to your place and helped you put up photos on the Fine Homebuilding board?  

Since this is a motorsports board, you should put up a few of your garage with all those Jaguar engines piled up like cordwood.

Thank you for all your help. You really went out of your way to help me.  

I intend to get down there with a few pictures. But I’m down to only 4 V12’s a3.8 And one XPAG ENGINE. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/10/18 5:02 p.m.
frenchyd said:

But to be honest, this is always going to be a work in progress. My goal is to finish it the day before they start digging my grave.  

Always the optimist. smiley

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/10/18 5:25 p.m.

This is kick ass!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
11/10/18 9:32 p.m.

Wow,  beautiful place!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/10/18 9:35 p.m.

This earns my vote for most epic build thread not in the build thread section.

PS, frenchy figured out how to post pics, so now we're all screwed!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/11/18 8:03 a.m.

Very nice, Frenchy!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/11/18 8:56 a.m.

Garage pics and a floor plan, please. Epic build. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
11/11/18 9:44 a.m.
OHSCrifle said:

Garage pics and a floor plan, please. Epic build. 

Those are coming, right now I’m in a Door building phase and the whole shop is a holy mess!  4 inch thick boat house doors (2) and  a pair of barn doors for the master bedroom.  Once those are done  I can put away most of the wood working tools and get on with  finishing the last set of stairs. 

That should cut my wood inventory down to under 10,000 bd ft. At which point some of my car inventory will start to reappear. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iRoaYhIWBo1sbDNel8Pbp6zWttLNRC1yMTFKz1UgERsk3TzL41ouS2H4fdTPHh95