1 2 3
Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
5/25/12 9:21 a.m.

K2. My oldest husky has fallen down and she can\t walk. I am in the process of trying to get her to a vet at the start of memorial day weekend. She is 13 years old.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/12 9:27 a.m.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it all turns out well.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/25/12 9:30 a.m.

Hope all is well. My family just lost a dog. Got new one and my parents are having trouble controlling her, so she's off to boarding school. I tried to convince them not to. Their just not firm or consistent with their commands.

Anyway, sorry for the threadjack, but best of luck.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/12 9:40 a.m.

Hope it turns out for the best for you guys.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
5/25/12 9:53 a.m.

Wishing you and yours the best.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
5/25/12 9:56 a.m.

Echoing the others, I truly hope things turn out well!

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
5/25/12 9:59 a.m.

My dad bought this dog for me as a gift, about a year before he died. She is special in many ways. Biogroom Shampoo here in Texas used her picture on the cover of one of their shampoo bottles and she got a modeling fee for that.

She is a very pretty, gentle dog. She was almost 80 pounds but she would play with tiny chihuahuas at the dog park and not hurt them.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
5/25/12 11:16 a.m.

At the vet right now. I had to carry her in because she can't walk. Doctor said she had a stroke. They are running blood tests right now

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
5/25/12 12:22 p.m.

She's gone. Her heart gave out at the vet.

That's two dogs gone in one year.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
5/25/12 12:24 p.m.

Very sorry to hear that.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/25/12 12:26 p.m.

Very sorry for your loss. I've lost several 4-legged family members, and it never gets easier.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
5/25/12 12:27 p.m.

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. Although it wasn't any easier for you I'm glad you could be with her at the end. It's hard to remember sometimes that we're all here temporarily.

This makes me want to go home early today to hang out with mine.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/25/12 12:31 p.m.

Sorry to hear, Snow. I wish you the best weekend you can have.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
5/25/12 12:33 p.m.

Im sorry for your loss.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/12 12:34 p.m.
Matt B wrote: Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. Although it wasn't any easier for you I'm glad you could be with her at the end. It's hard to remember sometimes that we're all here temporarily. This makes me want to go home early today to hang out with mine.

I will second that. Sorry man.

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
5/25/12 12:35 p.m.

Sad news. I'm so sorry.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/25/12 12:40 p.m.

I am so sorry to hear that.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/12 12:40 p.m.

Here's to hoping buddy.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Reader
5/25/12 12:45 p.m.

So sorry. Being there at the end is the best and hardest thing.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel HalfDork
5/25/12 12:51 p.m.

What Mazdeuce said. This won't be a great weekend at your house, but, when you feel up to it, there are lots of great threads on here about rescued dogs and other four-legged family members that may ease the pain a bit.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
5/25/12 12:56 p.m.

So sorry. Sucks to lose a friend. Our thoughts/prayers are with you.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
5/25/12 1:37 p.m.
Matt B wrote: Damn. I'm sorry to hear that. Although it wasn't any easier for you I'm glad you could be with her at the end. It's hard to remember sometimes that we're all here temporarily. This makes me want to go home early today to hang out with mine.

I still have three other dogs and one foster husky to hang out with this weekend. My border collie hasn't left my side since I came back from the vet. He seems to know.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
5/25/12 1:58 p.m.
Snowdoggie wrote:
I still have three other dogs and one foster husky to hang out with this weekend. My border collie hasn't left my side since I came back from the vet. He seems to know.

When the wife had to put her best friend down 5 years ago, our Border Collie was the same way. I think she knew as well. There's something with BC's that make them unique in the dog world .... they understand TV.

So sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

mapper
mapper Reader
5/25/12 2:07 p.m.

Sorry Over the last few years we've lost our original (After marriage and our son's birth) pets. All have been rescues. The latest additions are young so I hope we don't have to go through this again for awhile.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
5/25/12 2:59 p.m.

Hate to hear it. Always tough to let one go. Heartbreaking that they don't live as long as we do.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GbeDAidhV9iwMLs5WKXhXxEyrBCkH7T1LpB3UqoG02doaMVL7jbM1pn29wMBNDmw