turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/11 6:29 p.m.

http://clackamas.katu.com/news/news/charges-stack-against-woman-who-crashed-odot-truck/441315

Basically, a 50-year old woman hits large yellow DOT truck. Isn't wearing a seat-belt, has an open container and marijuana in the car, is drunk, has no license and no insurance. You know the type of people you worry about when you hit the road yourselves.

Oh and this isn't her first brush with this sort of thing:

http://eastpdxnews.com/general-news-features/drunk-driver-totals-suv-in-marine-drive-roll-over-smash-up/

So yeah, seems like she has a history of making poor decisions.

I just don't get it. I really don't.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
6/21/11 6:32 p.m.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
6/21/11 6:34 p.m.

When you are insulated from the consequences of your own actions, you learn that consequences are irrelevant.

ncjay
ncjay Reader
6/21/11 6:48 p.m.

Speaking of really stupid people. The amount of people around these parts that continue to drink and drive astound me. I knew one guy who would carry an open container of beer during broad daylight. I guess evolution hasn't quite kept up here.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
6/21/11 6:55 p.m.

she'll probably sue

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
6/21/11 10:01 p.m.
ncjay wrote: Speaking of really stupid people. The amount of people around these parts that continue to drink and drive astound me. I knew one guy who would carry an open container of beer during broad daylight. I guess evolution hasn't quite kept up here.

My buddy does this. It blows my mind. I was driving to a Tiger game with him and he reached for a beer. I told him of he opened it he could drink it, from his rectum because that's where I'd stuff it if he opened it in my car while I'm driving.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
6/21/11 10:19 p.m.

^Actually legal in this state, last time i checked. Still dumb.... but legal.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/11 10:30 p.m.

not to go into the whole DUI thing.. but I did once witness an almost brand new jag run right into one of those trailers that the DOT uses to let you know that the lane has ended. The blake and yellow ones with the flashing lights.

Guy went right through the cones and into it, only braking at the last second.. after having passed a mile of signs announcing that the lane was closed...

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
6/21/11 10:59 p.m.

I thought this was gonna be about the 51 year old actor marrying his 16 year old girlfriend.

iceracer
iceracer Dork
6/22/11 8:39 a.m.
racerfink wrote: I thought this was gonna be about the 51 year old actor marrying his 16 year old girlfriend.

What's wrong with that ?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/22/11 8:43 a.m.
iceracer wrote:
racerfink wrote: I thought this was gonna be about the 51 year old actor marrying his 16 year old girlfriend.
What's wrong with that ?

It depends on perspective... if you are a mediocre looking 51yr old guy... all win. If you are a hot 16yr old girl... not so much.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
6/22/11 9:08 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:

or the Joe Rogan theory

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/1/Joe-Rogan-The-Mysteries-Of-Egypt-427636#

e_pie
e_pie Reader
6/22/11 9:13 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
iceracer wrote:
What's wrong with that ?
It depends on perspective... if you are a mediocre looking 51yr old guy... all win. If you are a hot 16yr old girl... not so much.

Depends how much money is involved.

e_pie
e_pie Reader
6/22/11 9:14 a.m.

It boggles my mind the amount of stupid I witness on a daily basis.

davidjs
davidjs Reader
6/22/11 9:15 a.m.

I've always wanted to see how well those Scorpion crash things work on the back of the work trucks...

edit: ask and Youtube shall provide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT7CgLl-6ZE&NR=1

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
6/22/11 9:17 a.m.
iceracer wrote:
What's wrong with that ?

Isn't that called jail bait for a reason?

e_pie
e_pie Reader
6/22/11 9:24 a.m.

There is a crash barrier near my house where they are working on the road that got pretty annihilated the other day, the thing that I don't understand is that it's on a straight section of road a good 10ft away from the road, how do you hit that?

Another thing I just can't wrap my head around are the menu boards at Sonic, pretty much every single one has been hit by a car. You're pulling in or out of the parking spot going at the most 5mph, how do you hit something hard enough going that slow to damage it? It blows my mind that people can't properly pilot their cars going that slow.

e_pie
e_pie Reader
6/22/11 9:25 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
iceracer wrote:
What's wrong with that ?
Isn't that called jail bait for a reason?

16 is actually legal in a lot of places with parental consent, and to be honest if I had a 16yr old daughter that was wanting to marry some rich old dude I think I'd consent.

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/22/11 10:37 a.m.

16 is actually legal in a lot of places with parental consent, and to be honest if I had a 16yr old daughter that was wanting to marry some rich old dude I think I'd consent.

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you had ANY daughter you wouldn't say that, and you sure wouldn't consent to anything except kicking the guy in the ^&*(. R (Father of a 20yo and an 8yo, both daughters)

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/22/11 10:40 a.m.
MA$$hole wrote: or the Joe Rogan theory http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/1/Joe-Rogan-The-Mysteries-Of-Egypt-427636#

I love that a whole lot, but be careful kiddies- it's NSFW.

integraguy
integraguy Dork
6/22/11 1:27 p.m.

To address some comments here:

there are still a few states that allow drinking while driving...as long as you are not drunk, which is exceedingly stupid.

Folks run into things on the road when they don't see any visual cues that the object has stopped moving. Doesn't matter that it was stationary to begin with. Hiway hypnosis?

I occasionally go to Sonic and have come close to hitting the menu boards. I have a small car yet I still have difficulty getting into the space AND getting close enough to actually be able to read the menu AND speak into the dinky speaker under the menu. It may just be me, but while Sonic has a great menu, it's so extensive that they either need a billboard to list it all or they need to cut some items. Other restaurants change their menus...it looks like Sonic just adds to theirs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mZ7m253ebbfEjOSFOHzvnBzV9najlsr6uOYOH5khOkJJRTrBrq3MQQ7FNQG9IVlF