Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/13 9:32 p.m.

We've been working on this big local account for years and I wanted to cold-turkey my way in the front door and everybody at the office said I didn't have a chance. Well I went anyways late this afternoon hoping for a sympathetic and bored employee. Guy walking out and locking the place up does a triple take as I rumble into the parking lot. Turns out he owns a 1970 AMC Javelin Mark Donohue edition! We chatted AMC's for a bit and I showed him the engine and he invited me back first thing Monday to talk to the Ops Manager. HA HA!

I told SWMBO but she won't give me credit until they place an order.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
5/3/13 9:38 p.m.
Javelin wrote: .......but she won't give me credit until they place an order.

No, when they pay the invoice......

FranktheTank
FranktheTank Reader
5/3/13 10:00 p.m.

Gotta love finding car guys in strange places. One of our sewer project contractors has two garages with different 55 Chevys.

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
5/4/13 9:41 a.m.

That is a beautiful thing!

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/4/13 9:44 a.m.

Sweet dude! Angry has a good story about landing his job with a Hong Norr t-shirt

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
5/4/13 10:04 a.m.

sweet... and good luck on finalizing...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/4/13 1:27 p.m.

Much like the story of getting a Lotus in the Bond movies...the movie bigwigs wouldn't give Lotus the time of day, so they stripped the badges off a car and parked it out front of the studio, and everyone came out to look. Then the same bigwigs came out and asked what this car was...

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
5/4/13 3:53 p.m.

Just remember your abc's: Always Be Closing

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/4/13 5:44 p.m.

... because coffee is for closers.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
5/4/13 6:14 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:
Javelin wrote: .......but she won't give me credit until they place an order.
No, when they pay the invoice......

No, when the check clears.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/6/13 9:22 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Sweet dude! Angry has a good story about landing his job with a Hong Norr t-shirt

i believe the exact words were "If you can survive a weekend with the Hongs, you're just the kind of guy we're looking for. They seem like a dangerous bunch."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0PARfkUGn1tBj0QDFxQMErt8tcbWprm95rp5MbUXihaJ04LAtEDbsMoaRxjZ3a6C