1 2
chapel
chapel New Reader
4/19/11 2:37 p.m.

challenger

I'd run more, but my MAP sensor only has resolution to 3bar absolute.

HYOOOJ dyno chart

forgive me on these pulls, the turbo was wasted

Shaft play sucks excuse the awful audioswap... nothing interesting going on in the original

lots of smoke prior to dyno

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
4/19/11 2:38 p.m.

I'm pretty sure i still have the stock MAP on my car. Doesn't matter. 75% throttle = ALL THE FUEL.

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/19/11 2:41 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: I'm pretty sure i still have the stock MAP on my car. Doesn't matter. 75% throttle = ALL THE FUEL.

I'm running RS2 injectors... that's round about 37# each. nothing big.

of course boost is nothing without flow, so you probably outflow the K24-7200 I have on mine (think K26 sized in a heavily modified K24 wrapper)

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
4/19/11 2:45 p.m.
chapel wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: I'm pretty sure i still have the stock MAP on my car. Doesn't matter. 75% throttle = ALL THE FUEL.
I'm running RS2 injectors... that's round about 37# each. nothing big. of course boost is nothing without flow, so you probably outflow the K24-7200 I have on mine (think K26 sized in a heavily modified K24 wrapper)

lbs Confuse me... guess i've got 42# injectors, ECU will push them to.... 120% duty cycle or so.

Factory tuning on this thing blows like Oklahoma during spring.

But yes. Boost is nothing without flow. It's real fun trying to cram 20psi from a 23 year old stock Supra Turbo through an SOHC 12v head.

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/19/11 2:52 p.m.

37lbs is about 390cc I think

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/11 3:20 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Finish him!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/19/11 3:48 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Are you kind of a big deal?

I am, thank you!

4eyes
4eyes HalfDork
4/20/11 2:19 a.m.

"I never quite understood why I don't come here more often..."

Well you obviously have deep seated emotional issues from being in the Vortex too long.

Not to worry.....we'll bring you 'round.

OH YEAH....WELCOME!!!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
4/20/11 6:05 a.m.

E30 and a Miata, you have already qualified...welcome to the freakshow

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/20/11 8:55 a.m.

No Miata E30 and Cherokee... and an A2 GTI... and a WRX... and a 75 Scirocco.... and an A1 GTI.

But also a Saab 9-5 Aero, a 93 Pontiac Grand Am and an Audi S6....

oh... and a 95 Eclipse GSX that I had for a week before I 'returned it' because the previous owner had drilled through the brake booster and clutch cylinder trying to put in an alarm/immobiliser.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
4/20/11 9:13 a.m.
chapel wrote: oh... and a 95 Eclipse GSX that I had for a week before I 'returned it' because the previous owner had drilled through the brake booster and clutch cylinder trying to put in an alarm/immobiliser.

WTF? Please say you have pics of that.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
4/20/11 9:17 a.m.

yes but the answer is always E30 or Miata, you will see...

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/20/11 9:27 a.m.
Jay wrote:
chapel wrote: oh... and a 95 Eclipse GSX that I had for a week before I 'returned it' because the previous owner had drilled through the brake booster and clutch cylinder trying to put in an alarm/immobiliser.

no, this was like 1999 when it happened...

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/20/11 9:28 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: yes but the answer is always E30 or Miata, you will see...

ah, so this place is JUST like The Car Lounge. except there it's E30, Miata or Cherokee 4.0

WilberM3
WilberM3 HalfDork
4/20/11 9:41 a.m.

so its exactly the same then

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/20/11 10:11 a.m.

sure sounds like it

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/20/11 2:05 p.m.

In reply to chapel:

Just a "hi" from another ex-vortexer. Corrado/A2 GTI. Say, have you got an A2 right side front plastic flare stashed anywhere? The car's an 8v, but I need a 16 because I could still get them new last time I tore them off..

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Reader
4/20/11 3:12 p.m.
Jay wrote:

... Well, It will definitely immobilize it.

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/20/11 3:21 p.m.

you know. I actually did until recently... then I left them at a swap meet because I didn't want them anymore.

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/20/11 3:22 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Jay wrote:
... Well, It will definitely immobilize it.

the pedal feel got worse and worse every day... then there was nothing...

GrantMLS
GrantMLS New Reader
4/20/11 3:32 p.m.

I was in the same boat - but now I think I am stuck here..

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/20/11 6:52 p.m.
chapel wrote: you know. I actually did until recently... then I left them at a swap meet because I didn't want them anymore.

ROFL! Well, I'm not gonna retract a welcome just for that. You're gonna like it here, there are some people with some serious fabrication skills. Just look at the EMod V12 MGB-GT, and if you've subscribed to the mag that long, you know about the Challenge.

chapel
chapel New Reader
4/21/11 9:49 a.m.

of course. I have NO fab skills whatsoever... don't know how to weld, not very good at cutting metal either. :(

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AgTyQZpvTAxVY5apxEMgnhL89zzQiBlMxBoRkRtON9DzC8IFLaJWQUauWoU2sBk0