Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/26/20 5:55 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Canadian meme thread?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/26/20 5:59 p.m.

I just read that y'all is  stagging at the border for an invasion. What up with that?

Pete

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/26/20 6:09 p.m.
bearmtnmartin said:

I am assuming the proposal to station troops on your Northern Border is to prevent citizens from escaping North to our free health care system and less crowded hospitals? Or is there another reason?

Canada has a functional immigrations system, that argument doesn't make any sense.

This is the real reason:

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/26/20 6:37 p.m.

I wonder if they'll post troops in Point Roberts?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/26/20 7:22 p.m.

Wouldn't mind going to Vancouver or Montreal and bringing back a few  hot canadian women 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/26/20 7:27 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I've only been to the Great White North a few times, but every time I was astounded at how high the average attractiveness of the womenfolk were compared to most of the other places I've been

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/26/20 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Yup I have spent considerable time in Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal. Overall they are way more attractive than women in America. Montreal to me was an outlier- everyone seemed 10/10 

my time in Yellowknife was the opposite. It was the Kansas of Canada. 1/10 everywhere 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
3/26/20 7:38 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Wouldn't mind going to Vancouver or Montreal and bringing back a few  hot canadian women 

The ones in Montreal smell like an ashtray.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/26/20 7:45 p.m.

In reply to Rons :

We keep trying to give Point Roberts to Canada, they keep saying 'Sorry" and refusing.  

Point Roberts folks are... ugh. Trying? Yeah, trying might be the closest to a nice thing I can come up with.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
3/26/20 8:03 p.m.

Imagine being stuck inside a country with a very limited amount of Tim Hortons. I know it's hard. But try. 

Peabody here
Peabody here UltimaDork
3/26/20 8:39 p.m.
ShawnG said:
mr2s2000elise said:

The ones in Montreal smell like an ashtray.

Worth it

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/26/20 8:51 p.m.

Our invasion will be launched from Northwest Angle.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/20 9:06 p.m.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/26/20 9:16 p.m.

Maybe we can start running people across the border like they are cases of gin during prohibition. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
3/26/20 9:16 p.m.

Years ago I drove for a company that delivered in Canada, had to do a crash course in metric, once I figured out 4.4 meters was 14' plus a few inches then my only panic was the crazy rounded spans every where. Was that 4.4 meters in the middle and was I gonna hit the edge of the trailer?

I enjoyed my trips in Canada though, I always liked going to new places and finding new things to eat, I stopped at one place and raided all the strange candy bars I had never seen before.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/26/20 9:23 p.m.

Can we please move this thread to the Canada sub forum?  Oh wait...

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/26/20 9:41 p.m.

Earlier availability of forbidden JDM goodness and the Toyota Echo hatch. 

Someone smuggle me to New Foundland. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/26/20 10:51 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Don't forget that a lot of the early TVR goodness came through Canada first.  Shame about that cold as berk thing.

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 Reader
3/26/20 10:56 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Yup I have spent considerable time in Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal. Overall they are way more attractive than women in America. Montreal to me was an outlier- everyone seemed 10/10 

my time in Yellowknife was the opposite. It was the Kansas of Canada. 1/10 everywhere 

Reminds me of the Ron White skit.....that Potater had a baby with another Potater...... abracadabra......Tokepa!

LoneWolf
LoneWolf New Reader
3/27/20 12:09 a.m.
captdownshift said:

Earlier availability of forbidden JDM goodness and the Toyota Echo hatch. 

Someone smuggle me to New Foundland. 

Your statement is interchangeable with New Zealand. Am currently driving a 2 door Echo hatch.

Someone in USPS thought Newfoundland was New Zealand when I ordered a bunch of stuff from FCP Euro. My parcel took the long way round visiting Canada before turning up in NZ two months later.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/27/20 7:31 a.m.

Newfoundland.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/27/20 9:38 a.m.
fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
3/27/20 10:38 a.m.

As a Montreal native, I think I should post a fair warning:

All the single women in Montreal are in the "Danger Zone"

You have been warned.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/27/20 10:48 a.m.

In reply to fanfoy :

And yet....that is THE reason to go there!

I own a Redhead, and bank on the fact that she is not from Quebec to get me out alive.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/27/20 10:50 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Negative Ghostrider. *You* are owned by the redhead.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KyD2yN5DFjMR8n7B0JUKJaV4buHZSUGoxK0L8Aa0BlA1nuTgb24tTdhTf2GAflhJ