1 2
Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
11/20/20 4:09 p.m.

I never lied about having cars, but when I was 13, I totally (not "totally") had a sweet go-kart and a cool minibike. Just like my later (and current) project vehicles, they were in various states of disrepair and functionality, but they were cool nonetheless. Wish I still had them.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
11/20/20 4:38 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Also I learned that having a primer grey 71 caprice was not enough to deter the girls of yahoo car chat from doing me.  Not making this up, every encounter i had that hasn't been with my wife was with girls from the yahoo car chat room.  

TIL that I should have used Yahoo for more than just email.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/20 5:32 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

You should have, I met Jodi in a Yahoo chat room. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/20 6:11 p.m.

13???  I had the coolest ride ever. 

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/20/20 6:36 p.m.

At 12, I had one of these, only it was gray and black.  Freaking wheelie king of my elementary school.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
11/20/20 6:40 p.m.

At 13 I was driving a VW powered sand rail, at 14 my dad started letting me drive it and the Toyota pickup around town. I also owned an 80 Buick Regal with a 350 Chevy swapped in. Faded blurple but the center lines made it a snazzy picture for yahoo.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/20/20 6:46 p.m.

This was my "ride" when I was 13:

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/20/20 6:47 p.m.

I had one of these when I was 14 years old. 50 whole cc's of Moped terror. My dad ended up buying it from my Cousin Bruce after he couldn't get me off of the thing. I wish I could find another one. 

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UberDork
11/20/20 6:52 p.m.

At 13? We had a computer, but were still years away from having the internet.

I didn't own it, but I was either driving the world's slowest Kawasaki Mule or a Farmall Cub with a belly mower.

Apparently dad forgot how to operate it after I learned to drive it. I was so scrawny I had to stand and pull up on the steering wheel to put the clutch in.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/20/20 7:23 p.m.

At 13 I had slot cars.  But I was able to drive a motorcycle once in awhile.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
11/20/20 7:42 p.m.

When I was that age Al Gore hadn’t invented the Internet yet, but I did have these 

CJ (He's Just an FS)
CJ (He's Just an FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/20/20 8:12 p.m.
Jay_W said:

Berk I'm old. Ya buncha youngsters. When I waz 13 there weren't no innerweb to lie on about the cars you didn't have, get off my lawn. 

Yeah, but there was R & T...

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
11/20/20 8:28 p.m.

When I was 13, I had a computer with a cassette tape drive and no modem. A friend got a external modem but did not have the tape drive to install the drivers. We collaborated to get the modem working, but there was no real internet to dial up. I tried to buy my neighbors primered 58 impala with a big block, so I could replicate the American Graffiti impala driven by Ron Howard. My neighbor refused to sell it to me because he said my mother would kill him. I still wish I got that car.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
obabqwvuVjZoHI1Edvok084tOnaVfdvcYRxkwHildZNxmzV2bZC2z61uVgtb6cjX