pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/11/18 7:37 a.m.

After a lengthy search for a job, I found one full of promise.  My unemployment had run out and I was getting pretty desperate, so this came along at just the right time.  The job was not as promised however, so I am back on the hunt again. Ugh, I just want to work.  

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
9/11/18 7:51 a.m.

field and area of search?   work that network man!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/11/18 7:55 a.m.

I feel for you.  I was in that situation twice.  Neither time resulted in a plum job.  But I stuck it out and ended up here, where I have been for 26 years.  I'll be bailing out as soon as I can get the nerve to pull the trigger.     

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
9/11/18 8:06 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

field and area of search?   work that network man!

This.....will keep an eye out, can you be a bit more specific?

Having returned to work this past march after a two year lull I feel your pain .

Do you have a support network (family) nearby?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/11/18 8:15 a.m.
pinchvalve said:

After a lengthy search for a job, I found one full of promise.  My unemployment had run out and I was getting pretty desperate, so this came along at just the right time.  The job was not as promised however, so I am back on the hunt again. Ugh, I just want to work.  

Did you at least keep this one to keep the money rolling in while searching?

I had to do that twice in a row when I was laid off a few years ago. Took a crummy contract job just to keep the money coming in, then found another job just as I was laid off from the contract job. I actually liked my boss and some of the management crew. They were just too small and margins too tight in manufacturing to pay me what I knew I could get elsewhere or invest the money to make us more efficient. 

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/11/18 9:28 a.m.

Can you do auto upholstery?

We need a trimmer, badly.

dj06482
dj06482 SuperDork
9/11/18 11:26 a.m.

Sent you a PM.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/11/18 3:54 p.m.

I am a Marketing Manager, specializing in B2B marketing of industrial/commercial products sold through distribution networks. (nice and specific huh?) I have worked with industrial-grade valves, retail-hardware-type valves and fittings, advanced robotics, automated storage and retrieval systems, flexible PVC-based products including doors and curtains, tire valve stems and more.  I have worked in water, wastewater, mining, pulp & paper, power gen, office filing, warehousing, distribution, trucking, healthcare, aviation, aerospace and I'm sure a few more.  The point is, I am good at marketing stuff. 

I have also held roles as a Divisional Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager and have traveled extensively domestically and some international. Sales and Marketing are closely related, but I prefer the marketing side because that is where my passion and talent lie, as well as lots of education, courses and experience.  Print, direct mail, trade publications, trade shows, SEM, PPC, Digital, Inbound, Social Media...yeah, I do that. Planning, budgeting, research, VOC, CRM, layout and design, web management...yeah, I do that too. 

I have been looking for over a year for the right fit, and coming up with nothing.  I have had some good leads, but I am pretty tied to the Greater Pittsburgh Area for a commute.  One factor is the wife's career, not something we can do without or easily relocate.  I was going to move for this job - even got an offer on my house over list! - but it was closer to her office and mine.  Going to another state isn't a viable option because I can't make enough to cover both salaries.  I've had some nice interest, but not enough dough. 

The good news is that I don't need to provide healthcare, we get that through my wife.  We are not house poor or car poor, and the kid keeps getting grants and gifts for college and that cost is actually going down. We live a simple life so we are ok for now, we also have a great support network locally with friends and family.  

I am networking wherever I can, looking at every option, everything that can be done is being done.  I am using the opportunity to take more online classes, fill out the resume a bit more, add to my portfolio, etc. Something will come along, I am waiting to hear from three places right now, so we shall see.  I thank you all for your support and letting me vent a bit.  I feel better now.  :)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/11/18 4:02 p.m.

In reply to dj06482 :

Im afraid I didn't see it but I can always be reached at pinchvalve (at) gmail (dot) com

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/11/18 4:07 p.m.

I feel ya pinchy.  My hours have been reduced to 0 over the last 3 weeks. It's actually less damaging to flat out not go to work than it is to take one shift. I turned in an application for a hardware store just to keep my hands busy- they've had a now hiring sign up for months. I got a "we will be in touch ". Yeah,  that felt awesome, especially when I know I was more skilled than pretty much anyone on the clock when I was there. It's hard out there for a pimp. 

dj06482
dj06482 SuperDork
9/11/18 9:40 p.m.
pinchvalve said:

In reply to dj06482 :

Im afraid I didn't see it but I can always be reached at pinchvalve (at) gmail (dot) com

Just re-sent to your email address.  Bottom line is that if I can be useful in any way, reach out.

Our Preferred Partners
R59BSgNeMqxSBoq10jbX6MhBgloj6KcCriyqP008R5SuEEykPuqMRJaTZSKAbsvP